I might be misremembering, but I think this was because the thread title was something like "Petition: Muse to split up". Petition implies the results were actually being sent to the band I feel, unlike a poll which is just for peoples own interest.

And if you seriously believe that a petition saying that 200 people on a board wants Muse to split would make them do it, you should probably consider how you even managed to make an account on your own. :p

(Not "you" as in YOU, just to make that clear)

I might be misremembering, but I think this was because the thread title was something like "Petition: Muse to split up". Petition implies the results were actually being sent to the band I feel, unlike a poll which is just for peoples own interest.

Numpties. :LOL:

It was just a great way of sending a brutally harsh message to the band.

It's common knowledge by now that as soon as Carrie doesn't have any more arguments on a subject, she just ignore it and moves on. I don't think I have ever seen here say "Okay, you have a point there" or "okay, I was wrong".

That's not true. I give way if I think someone has a point. I don't see many do that, there's the occasional person. I have to leave the board at some point, it's not avoiding the argument, just that it will never end. I do have a life outside, you understand. And I have to sleep - like now! ;)

It's common knowledge by now that as soon as Carrie doesn't have any more arguments on a subject, she just ignore it and moves on. I don't think I have ever seen here say "Okay, you have a point there" or "okay, I was wrong".

That's not true. I give way if I think someone has a point. I don't see many do that, there's the occasional person. I have to leave the board at some point, it's not avoiding the argument, just that it will never end. I do have a life outside, you understand. And I have to sleep - like now! ;)

Numpties. :LOL:

It was a great way of sending a brutally harsh message to the band in all honesty. If it got to them. Regardless of anyone's opinion on the matter, it would only ever have done more good than bad.

You have been doing it in this very discussion several times. You still haven't answered in what way you are being attacked because of your opinions, among a lot of other things that you never replied to.

And you didn't think that one single complainer in that thread had a valid point? Because I didn't see you say "Good point." to anyone in that thread. Except the people who agreed with you.

And you didn't think that one single complainer in that thread had a valid point? Because I didn't see you say "Good point." to anyone in that thread. Except the people who agreed with you.

I'm sure Matt has a reason, so you can just quit your logical reasoning based on facts.

Well is it so strange to agree with people who agree with me? We agreed! That's the point. There's no point saying "good point" regarding points I don't agree with is there?

I've been on this thread now for, I don't know how long, to respond to people's arguments so it's wrong to say I avoid arguements. I need to avoid them more often! And I really do need to go to bed!

Well is it so strange to agree with people who agree with me? We agreed! That's the point. There's no point saying "good point" regarding points I don't agree with is there?

I've been on this thread now for, I don't know how long, to respond to people's arguments so it's wrong to say I avoid arguements. I need to avoid them more often! And I really do need to go to bed!

The point was that since you haven't said anything close to "good point", that would mean that you disagree with all the points in the thread?

Just because you don't agree doesn't mean it isn't a valid point.

No one is saying that you avoid the arguments themselves, as in, the actual arguing. What we're saying is that you choose to ignore every single point that is made against you because all you can counter with is basically nonsense.

No one is saying that you avoid the arguments themselves, as in, the actual arguing. What we're saying is that you choose to ignore every single point that is made against you because all you can counter with is basically nonsense.

:LOL: You and Sippe, I agree almost completely with. Give Carrie B a break though haha lets get back on topic and stop taking pings at each other :)

Okay, this is my 2nd post in this thread :LOL: I keep trying to stay out of it, but I wanted to make one comment...

What bothers me most about this thread isn't the comments people are making toward Muse, but rather the crazy fighting going on between members of the forum.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. Why fight about it? Not everyone's gonna agree with you. It's a fact of life. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I both disagree AND agree with a lot of what's being said in this thread. I think a lot of you are being too hard Muse and some of you are being way too forgiving.

But I'm not gonna attack either side for having a different opinion than mine. You can think whatever you want. I'm not going to let other peoples' opinions bother me. So what if you think someone's logic doesn't add up or their opinion doesn't make sense? Yelling at them about it isn't going to change what they think. It's like my dad always says -- Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. A silly expression, maybe. But also true.

I hope people don't start attacking me for this post. I just feel like everyone is getting so worked up and angry about the setlists that it's like, extending into hostility toward fellow Musers.

/My opinion.

Okay, this is my 2nd post in this thread :LOL: I keep trying to stay out of it, but I wanted to make one comment...

What bothers me most about this thread isn't the comments people are making toward Muse, but rather the crazy fighting going on between members of the forum.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion. Why fight about it? Not everyone's gonna agree with you. It's a fact of life. Like I mentioned in a previous post, I both disagree AND agree with a lot of what's being said in this thread. I think a lot of you are being too hard Muse and some of you are being way too forgiving.

But I'm not gonna attack either side for having a different opinion than mine. You can think whatever you want. I'm not going to let other peoples' opinions bother me. So what if you think someone's logic doesn't add up or their opinion doesn't make sense? Yelling at them about it isn't going to change what they think. It's like my dad always says -- Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig. A silly expression, maybe. But also true.

I hope people don't start attacking me for this post. I just feel like everyone is getting so worked up and angry about the setlists that it's like, extending into hostility toward fellow Musers.

/My opinion.

Challenge accepted.

/My opinion.

One could argue that when a band's most loyal fans start turning on eachother, the band is doing something very wrong.

/My opinion.

Since you brought up "So what if you think someone's logic doesn't add up or their opinion doesn't make sense? " I'm guessing that is aimed at me among others. So I'll just defend myself a bit by saying that opinions are personal, yes. I don't yell at people for thinking differently. But when someone enters saying "you should stop saying things like that" and basically trying to say that you aren't welcome here if you have those opinions, then I expect that person to have some reason behind that statement :)