Manson Signature Guitars DL-1 (Delorean)

musecasters

sounds good. it's not bad sounding when clean either - i think it sounds a little better than the MB-1 when clean. Did you get the setup sorted?

"of course it can" hahaha

Yes the clean sound is sweet as well. Much owed to the P-90 instead of a humbucker in the neck I think.

Sorted out the setup. I ended up lowering the action a bit and first adjusted the truss rod a quarter turn tighter. Then I actually had to readjust it back to almost the same as it was. I guess the wood just needed time to settle after the assembly and transport.

Now the action is at a medium I would say. Not as low as my Les Paul or Axis but still nice to play with not too much string buzz.

Yes the clean sound is sweet as well. Much owed to the P-90 instead of a humbucker in the neck I think.

Sorted out the setup. I ended up lowering the action a bit and first adjusted the truss rod a quarter turn tighter. Then I actually had to readjust it back to almost the same as it was. I guess the wood just needed time to settle after the assembly and transport.

Now the action is at a medium I would say. Not as low as my Les Paul or Axis but still nice to play with not too much string buzz.

Can you do some clean clips of the bridge pickup? I'm interested in just how much the alloy top affects the sound. Or you can tell me what it's like compared to the MB-1 when you get it ;) (rust_relic said the DL-1 had more top end I think)

And yeah, I've had to tighten mine almost half a turn since I got it, but it seems ok. As for the action, I think they play best at medium. But also, for whatever reason, these necks seem to have more string noise than most guitars....but supposedly it's normal. The MB-1 might have a little more, as the sustainer apparently pulls at the strings a bit.

Can you do some clean clips of the bridge pickup? I'm interested in just how much the alloy top affects the sound. Or you can tell me what it's like compared to the MB-1 when you get it

Sure! I´ll try to record a decent clip when I get back home in a few days. It sounds quite clear and crisp. Sometimes almost a litte single coil-ish. The bridge Nailbomb in my Les Paul is way rounder and has less high end, still considering the differende of the guitars.

I think he went for the MBK-3 in the DL-1 and wants to check out any differences between the sound of the MBK-2 in the two guitars.

yeah

I recall Jim said the aluminum top on the DL-1 gives it more mids or something (he tried the prototype with the MBK-2), and there's definitely a difference between the two guitars, but I don't know how much is coming from the different pickup.

Listening to opie's demo. I have to say that it sounds a bit thin to me. I don't know if that's just the natural Fender sound or to do with the aluminium or set up or whatever but it's just my observation. Oh, here's comes the PlugInBabying! :LOL:

• 2 weeks later...
Certificates are ready.

Probably just going to have mine sent out with one of the guitars to prevent it getting lost (or shredded :facepalm: ) with royal mail.

yep, I've mail too and I think I'll take mine in december, in the same time I'll pick up my MB-1 ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Got my DL-1 back from Manson's today, Tim did a fantastic job of fitting the Roland Pickup and Graph Tech Piezo bridge to turn it into a full on Delorean replica, sounds amazing and such a joy to play. The 2 extra small knobs are piezo and roland volume and the mini switch switches between the piezo bridge and the magnetic pickups (including effects) :)

IMG_0500.jpg

:)

Got my DL-1 back from Manson's today, Tim did a fantastic job of fitting the Roland Pickup and Graph Tech Piezo bridge to turn it into a full on Delorean replica, sounds amazing and such a joy to play. The 2 extra small knobs are piezo and roland volume and the mini switch switches between the piezo bridge and the magnetic pickups (including effects) :)

IMG_0500.jpg

:)

No motherbucker? Get out. :phu:

Yeah, I got it today, along with the Manual, they weren't ready when we picked them up

Nice, I don't think a manual is really necessary in this case (it probably was with the MB-1), but I'm sure they have their reasons

"How do I get the twisty kaoss to stop squealing?"

So all that was installed without any routing?

Archived