Is it weird that I've never really been into the Foo Fighters? :$

Yeah, me either. they're ok, but never been wowed by them. :$ I should check out their albums though, I only know the singles from the radio. :$ If everyone is that excited, and they're likely to be at Lolla, I should start listening now.

The only full albums I have from them are In Your Honor and Echoes, Silence, Grace, and Patience. I haven't been able to get into either besides a few songs. I need to get some of their older albums. I love the singles though and have for a while. Bought the greatest hits when that came out and love just about every song on it.

The only full albums I have from them are In Your Honor and Echoes, Silence, Grace, and Patience. I haven't been able to get into either besides a few songs. I need to get some of their older albums. I love the singles though and have for a while. Bought the greatest hits when that came out and love just about every song on it.

Get the debut album. The ferocity of the drums on "I'll Stick Around" will blow you away. Grohl was still in his Nirvana form when he recorded that album and it shows

Yeah, me either. they're ok, but never been wowed by them. :$ I should check out their albums though, I only know the singles from the radio. :$ If everyone is that excited, and they're likely to be at Lolla, I should start listening now.

I was thinking the same. I know a few songs but they were always just there for me. I think I'm going to look into them more :)

I don't think they will do the one in Chili. They said during the Summer...April is not considered the Summer last time I checked. If they're doing Lolla, they're doing the Chicago one. I mean...who knows I may be wrong. But something tells me they're going to Chicago.

I truly hope so. My concern comes from the remarks Dom made about doing SA tour dates/the Lolla invite (we all assumed there would only be a US one)/and April would be late summer in Chile. It's enough to make a girl nervous.

Does anyone have the link where Dom mentions Lolla? :erm:

No link really. Kerrang said they'd been offered a spot, Matt told me maybe on twitter, Dom apparently told a fan yes at a Soundgarden show, it's heavily rumored on the Lolla boards, AND they played a C3 fest last year (ACL) and C3 likes to have bands play both fests. The evidence is in our favor. If they're gonna play any one US fest next year, Lolla is 100x most likely.

If THIS is the Lolla Muse goes to, I swear to God I cannot be held responsible for my actions.

+1

I truly hope so. My concern comes from the remarks Dom made about doing SA tour dates/the Lolla invite (we all assumed there would only be a US one)/and April would be late summer in Chile. It's enough to make a girl nervous.

No doubt. Nervous as hell. What are the chances they would do both? If they get announced for this Lolla/Chile show - they could still do Chicago, right? Same company, maybe it could be like a package deal.

:unsure:

No doubt. Nervous as hell. What are the chances they would do both? If they get announced for this Lolla/Chile show - they could still do Chicago, right? Same company, maybe it could be like a package deal.

:unsure:

Timing-wise, there would be no issue. Lolla-Chile would be over before Chicago even announces who plays. Which would mean ulcer medication for me. The biggest thing NOT in Chile's favor is that early April probably doesn't give the boys the length of break they want/need.

:unsure: Indeed.

If THIS is the Lolla Muse goes to, I swear to God I cannot be held responsible for my actions.

My thoughts exactly when I read the news too. Along with saying "Those bastards!"

No link really. Kerrang said they'd been offered a spot, Matt told me maybe on twitter, Dom apparently told a fan yes at a Soundgarden show, it's heavily rumored on the Lolla boards, AND they played a C3 fest last year (ACL) and C3 likes to have bands play both fests. The evidence is in our favor. If they're gonna play any one US fest next year, Lolla is 100x most likely.

I'm not familiar with the other US festivals and the promoter C3, so I'll take your word for it if what you say has been a common trend.

Timing-wise, there would be no issue. Lolla-Chile would be over before Chicago even announces who plays. Which would mean ulcer medication for me. The biggest thing NOT in Chile's favor is that early April probably doesn't give the boys the length of break they want/need.

:unsure: Indeed.

This assuming that the boys do want a long break after they're done with touring Australia.

I checked up on the Lolla-Chile website and the only indicators of possible headliners (if any guesses are to be made) are the photos of The Cure, RATM, Madonna, and probably a few others whom I can't seem to recognize. Lolla forum boards are also mentioning Pearl Jam as a possibility. With those acts in mind, then maybe the guys might only stop at Chicago.

Was there any mentioning of when Muse would do a S. American tour?

My thoughts exactly when I read the news too. Along with saying "Those bastards!"

I'm not familiar with the other US festivals and the promoter C3, so I'll take your word for it if what you say has been a common trend.

This assuming that the boys do want a long break after they're done with touring Australia.

I checked up on the Lolla-Chile website and the only indicators of possible headliners (if any guesses are to be made) are the photos of The Cure, RATM, Madonna, and probably a few others whom I can't seem to recognize. Lolla forum boards are also mentioning Pearl Jam as a possibility. With those acts in mind, then maybe the guys might only stop at Chicago.

Was there any mentioning of when Muse would do a S. American tour?

Last paragraph, here: http://board.muse.mu/showthread.php?t=79777 No mention of timing, only a "maybe next year" thing.

The break has been mentioned more than once by multiple sources, so I think that's pretty accurate.

Archived