Is it mad to be excited about the 6th album already? cause I basically just peed myself reading all the stuff about chris being a bigger contributor on the album, the whole moving to london thing, and matt's "Having your life shaken up is good for creativity" :erm:

Plus, dom sounds really enthusiastic about the next album and a few changes being made, seems like he wants to bring some rock back :dom::\mm/:

I nearly did too. :D But remember all the waiting coming up to the release of the last album was unbearable. :(

I'm excited in a calm and rational way about the next album. It will be interesting to see how it all develops over the next year or so.

I'm not sure whether they will attempt to rekindle a rebellious and youthful sound. My impression from the interview was that Matt was simply referring to the personal, more emotionally full on, aspect. I assume he intends to reflect how he, or they, have felt recently.

PS I think there may be several songs already written. I seem to remember reading that with Showbiz, it was a matter of working with songs they already had, which I imagine is how they can manage to capture a time which may be actually in the past by the time they come to recording. I would also think that if you already have the material, there's more incentive to get on and start working on it, rather than taking an extended break.

Actually I was just thinking about that "having your life shaken up" bit, that he could be talking about having new experiences as well. If you're pretty settled and there hasn't been much change in your personal circumstances for years, there's not going to be too much to write about is there.

That's all a bit presumptuous really. It's probably not a good idea to try and analyse and infer things from the things the band say presented in a magazine like that.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am not liking the way Matt looks in the studio shots with this article. I don't know if it's the lighting or the color from the jacket (although I've seen that jacket before), but he looks tired or something. His face seems to be sunken in or angry. The picture just doesn't seem to match the write up (in my opinion). They all seem so stand-offish in the photos, while the article presents them as open, genuine and humble (which I like to imagine they really are;)) I would think some casual, lighthearted shots should go with this type of story.

I'm excited in a calm and rational way about the next album. It will be interesting to see how it all develops over the next year or so.

That's all a bit presumptuous really. It's probably not a good idea to try and analyse and infer things from the things the band say presented in a magazine like that.

No it's not, it's talking about inspiration for writing music. I'm not inferring anything more than what has been said in the magazine.

Actually I'm going to enlarge on that as you are being a bit presumptious by assuming I am analysing and making inference. If I had taken a more analytical approach I would have been questioning some statements which I found a bit sweeping, such as the lack of personal songs in recent albums, but I have some idea about how these magazine things work and the tendency to create a distinct story for each album. I was actually deliberately discussing the article at face value.

All I was basically thinking, in the context of the post about recreating the sound of Showbiz, and how you go about recreating something you have moved away from, is that I didn't think that firstly he meant duplicating Showbiz, and after thinking about it, the next album may not necessarily be a break-up album either. Matt appears to be saying that the feelings and thoughts associated with major personal change, in itself, are a catalyst for creativity.

I don't know about anyone else, but I am not liking the way Matt looks in the studio shots with this article. I don't know if it's the lighting or the color from the jacket (although I've seen that jacket before), but he looks tired or something. His face seems to be sunken in or angry. The picture just doesn't seem to match the write up (in my opinion). They all seem so stand-offish in the photos, while the article presents them as open, genuine and humble (which I like to imagine they really are;)) I would think some casual, lighthearted shots should go with this type of story.

I like them. Seeing them in the magazine, rather than on scans, I don't think they look standoffish, more reflective which is how the article comes over as well.

I wish they would take a longer break to and take the time to recharge their batteries before starting to work on the new album.

makes me wonder as well whether they will go back to using a producer this time around or continue down the self-produced route.

I'd like them to have this man produce the album.

butch_vig_image.jpg

It was such a waste of talent having him produce NSC. :chuckle:

:p I like typing. A lot. If no one's figured that out by now. :LOL:

like this one?

attachment.php?attachmentid=11848&d=1282218012

It's my favorite Muse picture actually. :happy: I don't mind the pictures in this Kerrang! though. Well, I didn't really think about it anyway. :p

:p I like typing. A lot. If no one's figured that out by now. :LOL:

like this one?

attachment.php?attachmentid=11848&d=1282218012

It's my favorite Muse picture actually. :happy: I don't mind the pictures in this Kerrang! though. Well, I didn't really think about it anyway. :p

:DYES:D I mean just like that! I like that shot too;)

PS I think there may be several songs already written. I seem to remember reading that with Showbiz, it was a matter of working with songs they already had, which I imagine is how they can manage to capture a time which may be actually in the past by the time they come to recording. I would also think that if you already have the material, there's more incentive to get on and start working on it, rather than taking an extended break.

Are you taking about Soaked, We Are the Universe, Helsinki Jam, A Turn To Stone, Cut Me Down, Emotion Coming? There are loads of songs Muse produced which haven’t seen the light of day.

Are you taking about Soaked, We Are the Universe, Helsinki Jam, A Turn To Stone, Cut Me Down, Emotion Coming? There are loads of songs Muse produced which haven’t seen the light of day.

I just meant that Matt may have already written songs that could be used for the next album, hence his thoughts on what the album may be like. I imagine songwriting happens when the creative urge kicks in, rather than to fit in with a planned schedule. That's not to say any would be end up being used of course. It sounds like everything is very flexible atm.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Showbiz was a collection of songs they already had, some of which, I suppose, could have been written quite a while before the album, whereas OoS was more done to order, within a short time period.

Edit: oh I just realised what you meant. No I don't mean previously produced songs, I mean he might have already written new songs influenced by his experiences in the last year. Even then I doubt it would mean the whole thing done and dusted, there would no doubt be lots of room for change, and input from the other two, during the recording process.

It's quite upsetting to get confirmation of the loss of Studio Bellini. :( That wonderful studio that we heard so much about. I could actually cry, myself, tbh.

I wonder whether they will start again, build another brilliant studio.

I'm sorry, but this is just too stalker-ish. Seriously, do you ever read what you say? Saddened to the point of crying over a BUILDING? Oh man, this will keep the laughter banks full for weeks :LOL:

I'm sorry, but this is just too stalker-ish. Seriously, do you ever read what you say? Saddened to the point of crying over a BUILDING? Oh man, this will keep the laughter banks full for weeks :LOL:

I think she meant it was more about the fact he put so much money and effort into it and to lose it is sad. Awesome parting gift if I must say so myself.

I think she meant it was more about the fact he put so much money and effort into it and to lose it is sad. Awesome parting gift if I must say so myself.

It's sad to lose it but it's not worth crying over. She didn't have the emotional attachment to it that Matt did.

Plus, if you listen to the stuff about Matt and Hudson you'll know it's heavily rumoured they're after a house in NY with a studio, or space for one, and they've said they'll record the new stuff in NY so it doesn't sound like he's too upset.

It's sad to lose it but it's not worth crying over. She didn't have the emotional attachment to it that Matt did.

Plus, if you listen to the stuff about Matt and Hudson you'll know it's heavily rumoured they're after a house in NY with a studio, or space for one, and they've said they'll record the new stuff in NY so it doesn't sound like he's too upset.

She's denied that rumour. :LOL: I don't know if Carrie meant it literally. But I know what you mean. I felt bad but I didn't cry though.

Archived