I just meant that Matt may have already written songs that could be used for the next album, hence his thoughts on what the album may be like. I imagine songwriting happens when the creative urge kicks in, rather than to fit in with a planned schedule. That's not to say any would be end up being used of course. It sounds like everything is very flexible atm.

I think I remember reading somewhere that Showbiz was a collection of songs they already had, some of which, I suppose, could have been written quite a while before the album, whereas OoS was more done to order, within a short time period.

"You have all your life to write your first album, 2 years to follow it up"

There's a massive difference in songwriting and producing an album. You don't walk into a studio and write songs. A lot of OOS and Absolution songs were played on the previous tours for example. Of course songs will already have been written, if Matt's work rate is 10 songs in 3 years, then something isn't right there!

I'm sorry, but this is just too stalker-ish. Seriously, do you ever read what you say? Saddened to the point of crying over a BUILDING? Oh man, this will keep the laughter banks full for weeks :LOL:

Oh shut up! Some of you on here are like emotional deserts! It is not stalkerish, I have no plans to visit the studio :LOL: and I didn't mean I was literally crying, just that it was involved in the excitement in the build up to The Resistance, I can envisage how much time and effort was put into it, and it's really sad that all those future plans were crushed.:( I also imagine Matt did have quite a lot of emotional attachment to it. I can emphasise with how it must have felt and yeah I have a bit of emotional attachment to those build up days too.

And if you have a problem with that you can fuck off basically! :p Or go and cry over Ruled by Secrecy!

It's sad to lose it but it's not worth crying over. She didn't have the emotional attachment to it that Matt did.

Plus, if you listen to the stuff about Matt and Hudson you'll know it's heavily rumoured they're after a house in NY with a studio, or space for one, and they've said they'll record the new stuff in NY so it doesn't sound like he's too upset.

Actually it sounds like they're recording in London. Don't take any notice of the bollocks you see in gossip mags! ;)

"You have all your life to write your first album, 2 years to follow it up"

There's a massive difference in songwriting and producing an album. You don't walk into a studio and write songs. A lot of OOS and Absolution songs were played on the previous tours for example. Of course songs will already have been written, if Matt's work rate is 10 songs in 3 years, then something isn't right there!

Well there you go, that's what I was saying and what he may be well be basing his ideas on.

Oh shut up! Some of you on here are like emotional deserts! It is not stalkerish, I have no plans to visit the studio :LOL: and I didn't mean I was literally crying, just that it was involved in the excitement in the build up to The Resistance, I can envisage how much time and effort was put into it, and it's really sad that all those future plans were crushed.:(

And if you have a problem with that you can fuck off basically! :p

It's really not something to get upset about or call people "emotional deserts" over, they could be looking at relocating the equipment to a new location and set one up there or possibly didn't feel it quite worked for them.

If they are planning to get rid of it and sell it all off, then it's time to watch Ebay! :awesome:

It's really not something to get upset about or call people "emotional deserts" over, they could be looking at relocating the equipment to a new location and set one up there or possibly didn't feel it quite worked for them.

If they are planning to get rid of it and sell it all off, then it's time to watch Ebay! :awesome:

It's not anything to call anyone stalkerish over either! My God this board gets worse and worse!

I'm an emotional person.

But clearly a stalker...

:rolleyes: Seriously people? Calling someone a stalker is a bit stupid. Somehow I doubt that Carrie literally runs inside the bands heads and chases them all over the World knowing exactly what they are doing 24/7 like Kirk does...

Anyway on topic I think the fact I moved away from London is the reason they are moving there :shifty:

But clearly a stalker...

:rolleyes: Seriously people? Calling someone a stalker is a bit stupid. Somehow I doubt that Carrie literally runs inside the bands heads and chases them all over the World knowing exactly what they are doing 24/7 like Kirk does...

Anyway on topic I think the fact I moved away from London is the reason they are moving there :shifty:

I moved away from London too, so of COURSE that means London is a better place now. :p

Oh shut up! Some of you on here are like emotional deserts! It is not stalkerish, I have no plans to visit the studio :LOL: and I didn't mean I was literally crying, just that it was involved in the excitement in the build up to The Resistance, I can envisage how much time and effort was put into it, and it's really sad that all those future plans were crushed.:( I also imagine Matt did have quite a lot of emotional attachment to it. I can emphasise with how it must have felt and yeah I have a bit of emotional attachment to those build up days too.

And if you have a problem with that you can fuck off basically! :p Or go and cry over Ruled by Secrecy!

Omg that last line :LOL:Miaow.

I keep forgetting to buy this. Hm.

Oh bye! Remember that there's no criteria on what affects people emotionally okay?! Everyone's different.

Actually I couldn't care less if the studio thing affects you or not - I found it odd, yes, but if you find emotion in something. . .well, you find emotion in something. I just found it incredibly rich how you snapped at people for saying how odd it was and then came back with the line "And if you have a problem with that you can fuck off basically! Or go and cry over Ruled by Secrecy!" Regardless of whether you were being sarcastic or not, it did you no favours.

Also, your comment telling me to lighten up. . .perhaps you could lighten up and stop reading so much into every single interview/quote/picture.

Actually I couldn't care less if the studio thing affects you or not - I found it odd, yes, but if you find emotion in something. . .well, you find emotion in something. I just found it incredibly rich how you snapped at people for saying how odd it was and then came back with the line "And if you have a problem with that you can fuck off basically! Or go and cry over Ruled by Secrecy!" Regardless of whether you were being sarcastic or not, it did you no favours.

Also, your comment telling me to lighten up. . .perhaps you could lighten up and stop reading so much into every single interview/quote/picture.

Yawn! Actually remember who started this, not me, I was expressing emotion at the loss of the studio. Not picking others up about their opinions. Did you see me wondering why everyone was getting so emotional over a song about murdering people? No. (And actually I do like the song, I'm just making a point about people dictating what people post and judging). I wouldn't be surprised if the loss of the studio was hard to deal with, alongside the loss of a home and a girlfriend, but of course we have to be careful what we talk about here. Be careful to show we actually care about these guys, in case the thought police get on our backs.

Archived