Origin XX

Jobby

19 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Oh! You meant the missing bars at the start? Yes, it‘s fixed on Spotify and on youtube 👍

Hrm, wait where do you see it fixed on YouTube?? The official audio track (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZbDuO-Ks3k) is the same age as the other tracks and still has the dodgy opening bar. Spotify version sure sounds great, though. So clearly it was an error (pity!) and they're doing what they can to remedy it. Seems strange that an error like this passed all quality checks, it's the one thing that stands out when you listen to the whole album each track sequentially (as I'm sure most of us would have done upon release). I definitely noticed something was off but didn't make much of it until I started seeing peeps complaining about it everywhere, lol

On 6/19/2021 at 8:06 PM, Jobby said:

Ultimately, even seemingly odd choices/mistakes aside, Origin was always the album that needed a new, updated shiny modern mix the least anyway. If any record benefits from sounding raw and harsh at times, it’s that. Releasing the stems would’ve been nice as part of the package, to make it stand out a bit more.

The main thing I’m taking away from this project is that it’s hopefully the start of a few updates to other records that could actually do with the treatment this decade. Cough cough we all know which I mean cough.

…or maybe they’ll just continue to exclusively obsess over different Origin-related anniversaries :’)

Agreed.

On 6/23/2021 at 1:59 PM, Claudia O said:

I compared the new version to the old one, the guitar (or bass?) kicks in at the same time, 0:06 😬

No they don't? The old version is still up on youtube, and the bass definitely kicks in half a second earlier on the early version (which shouldn't be a surprise really, since it so clearly cuts off the beginning beat of the song)

Edited by Hat
  • Thanks 1

Though, speaking of Abso and Black Holes re-releases, what would people want?

I’m assuming off the bat that AP’s strings would be restored, which I wouldn’t be against. Maybe combine the album and guitar mix of B&H too. If there are recordings of the early Soldier’s Poem and Endessly versions, they’d be nice.

With Black Holes, all I can think off is including some of the Miraval material.

why the FUCK cant i BUY & DOWNLOAD ORIGIN OF SYMMETRY
XX ANNIVERSARY REMIXX ??? And no, I DONT USE STREAMING SERVICES.

Im oldskool, i have all my music on HD and play it on my STEREO.

Bring back the 24 bit 96 khz releases!!!

16 hours ago, Jobby said:

Though, speaking of Abso and Black Holes re-releases, what would people want?

I’m assuming off the bat that AP’s strings would be restored, which I wouldn’t be against. Maybe combine the album and guitar mix of B&H too. If there are recordings of the early Soldier’s Poem and Endessly versions, they’d be nice.

With Black Holes, all I can think off is including some of the Miraval material.

Tbh after this project I don't want either. If I had to choose I'd say Abso. Though I don't see how they could improve some songs, like RBS.

11 hours ago, krymmel said:

I’m not oldskool. And I enjoy listening to ORIGIN OF SYMMETRY XX ANNIVERSARY REMIXX at 24 bit 96 kHz on STREAMING SERVICE Amazon Music. 

3 hours ago, That Little Animal said:

I’m not oldskool. And I enjoy listening to ORIGIN OF SYMMETRY XX ANNIVERSARY REMIXX at 24 bit 96 kHz on STREAMING SERVICE Amazon Music. 

I dont support the IT behemoths that fuck our lives up - including Amazon. And btw, I want to own the music I buy, so I can play it at my leisure.

15 hours ago, krymmel said:

I dont support the IT behemoths that fuck our lives up - including Amazon. And btw, I want to own the music I buy, so I can play it at my leisure.

Fair enough when it comes to Amazon. Though I must note that downloading songs usually involves using a tech behemoth as well. And you can avoid Amazon and use Deezer instead for same HiFi quality. 

With these services you do get to download the songs and play them offline. I suppose that’s not the same as owning them, but there is nothing restricting you from listening at your own leisure.

On 6/27/2021 at 3:25 PM, Timbo59 said:

Tbh after this project I don't want either. If I had to choose I'd say Abso. Though I don't see how they could improve some songs, like RBS.

Nah, Black Holes in particular is practically begging for this treatment imo. Such a messy and uber compressed record that would really benefit from a more modern, open clarity.

It’s always a risk to start adding in extra stems that were originally cut though, I agree. But I’d absolutely foam at the mouth for a faithful remix.

(…though I wouldn’t mind dancing with the devil and bringing back the piano for Hoodoo’s intro and outro)

17 hours ago, Claudia O said:

Simply buy it on CD or vinyl, the real old-fashioned and still best way to buy music 😎 rip it onto your HD, enjoy it 

Is this available on CD? I’ve only seen vinyl.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 8:56 AM, krymmel said:

There was actually a free download of Citizen Erased and Megalomania included with the vinyl purchase but I am currently chasing the store as my Megalomania download is still pending/inactive/invalid etc etc (they say they have escalated it)

Anybody else had this issue? I bought the rest of the album via iTunes

Has anyone had any issues with their vinyl copy? I brought the coloured one and I couldn't make it through new born it was skipping so much. I emailed the shop to ask for a replacement, sent a clip of the skipping and they got back to me and said they can't replace it as they're out of stock so have refunded me. Blimmin annoying though, wondered if it affected a large number of people or if I'm just an unlucky sod?

Emailed support about if we'd get a new copy of the vinyl without the micro cuts skip (and saying that it was a mistake that was fixed on streaming sites.) they just said they'd send a new copy in the post, don't really know if this means its a new pressing or they don't realise it's a mistake all of them will have and i'm getting another copy of the same thing 

On 7/13/2021 at 4:28 PM, daniela said:

Has anyone had any issues with their vinyl copy? I brought the coloured one and I couldn't make it through new born it was skipping so much. I emailed the shop to ask for a replacement, sent a clip of the skipping and they got back to me and said they can't replace it as they're out of stock so have refunded me. Blimmin annoying though, wondered if it affected a large number of people or if I'm just an unlucky sod?

Very interesting, especially when mine is the coloured version also.. (no skipping anywhere else just micro cuts error) 

Edited by projektxtal

Mine hasn't shown up yet which is slightly concerning. Got a shipment confirmation a few weeks ago but UPS doesn't recognize the tracking number. I ordered pre-ordered the orange vinyl so if it's lost, I predict the only option is refund-town. Oh well, can't win em all! To those who have received theirs, I salute you and am living vicariously through you!

6 hours ago, projektxtal said:

Emailed support about if we'd get a new copy of the vinyl without the micro cuts skip (and saying that it was a mistake that was fixed on streaming sites.) they just said they'd send a new copy in the post, don't really know if this means its a new pressing or they don't realise it's a mistake all of them will have and i'm getting another copy of the same thing  

Haven’t tested my pressing yet, but yeah the Micro Cuts thing seems to be standard. Personally really doubt that sending another copy now would be any different, imagine it’ll be the whole batch. How long it’ll be before another one, god knows. Guess people with the coloured variants are just stuck with that as well. I’ll test mine and also try emailing though.

On the scale of Muse fuck ups, this is pretty up there. How does something that glaring make the final product?

Edited by Jobby

20 hours ago, Jobby said:

Haven’t tested my pressing yet, but yeah the Micro Cuts thing seems to be standard. Personally really doubt that sending another copy now would be any different, imagine it’ll be the whole batch. How long it’ll be before another one, god knows. Guess people with the coloured variants are just stuck with that as well. I’ll test mine and also try emailing though.

On the scale of Muse fuck ups, this is pretty up there. How does something that glaring make the final product?

Aye, I tried my hardest in the emails I'd sent to say that my issues wouldn't just be with my vinyl and will be with everyone's. I'm sure the vinyl were already manufactured by the time the skip was noticed on the streaming release..

Edited by projektxtal