The part that scares me most is the thing about music reaching more audiences.

Matt better not write a country/rap song. :shifty:

Wouldn't mind a country song. And actually a rap song would have potential as long as Matt didn't do the vocals. *shudders*

Err yeah. It's just The Streets were initially shit imo. A 'good' rapper and I think it would be awesome.

Maybe.... but I can't judge, who knows who scared me off ;)

It was extended in GIRTH.

Oh and matt has already released a rap song, remember, Uprising? :LOL: I'M MATT BELLAMY, YOU'RE NOT A FRIEND OF ME.

USoE_matt_hands_rap.gif

Matt doing rap :noey:

The guy's talented but that he can't do.

But...but...Muse would finally "break America!" :$

My first thought when I read the original article was that this kinda paves the way for Matt's solo career. I'm not saying it's going to happen tomorrow, or next year, or ever, for that matter...but this kind of publishing agreement with Warner would make it easy for Matt's solo material to be released without having to hassle about looking for a contract or publishing agreement somewhere else.

Just a thought as far as publishing agreements and song ownership and copyrights and things go, the last thing that Matt/Muse want to do are lose the rights to their own music. *glances at the Michael Jackson Estate, which still owns a healthy chunk of The Beatles catalog*:mad::mad:

Maybe.... but I can't judge, who knows who scared me off ;)

USoE_matt_hands_rap.gif

:LOL: Lolarious, yo!

So, why has Warner only 'extended' its agreement with Matt? Should we take this to mean that the agreement is solely for teh Ballemy's prospective solo career and doesn't involve Muse?

Either way, this was inevitable. With the band's increasing desire to 'break' America (for some reason they don't seem to think they have yet), and their inclination towards more 'poppy' tunes, it's hardly a wonder that Warner want to latch onto them and Muse want to increase their success.

I don't know if this means that their priorities have changed - their music has pretty much always generated chart success (albums, at least), and they've not had any problem selling out shows etc. for the past 7 years or more, so it's not as if prolonging their deal with Warner is going to change much. But we'll see; there's a chance that it could result in a record company nudge to push them to produce more 'commercially accessible' songs, but Muse were never ones to be easily swayed by the pressures of their label. However, if their next song is a cover of Cliff Richard, I'll retract my statement.

:LOL: Lolarious, yo!

So, why has Warner only 'extended' its agreement with Matt? Should we take this to mean that the agreement is solely for teh Ballemy's prospective solo career and doesn't involve Muse?

Publishing only relates to songwriting rather than recorded material. I'd imagine it's so Warner can have songs penned by Matt for other acts in those regions as it would be a different subsidiary of Warner.

Archived