The heavier muse songs

tillydog

some songs that should be the heaviest are really let down by the production. Assassin, Stockholm Syndrome and Unnatural Selection would sound massive if they had production similar to Dead Star.

Dead star definitely sounds the heaviest on record.

Definitely agreed on Assassin and Unnatural Selection. I've no qualms with Stockholm Syndrome's, though.

In terms of the most heavy. Dead Star must win (i believe i heard a version called "basement version" correct me if im wrong) ages ago now, years in fact and i thought that was the heaviest. Good version too. obviously Stockholm Syndrome is up there, probably takes second for me.

• 4 years later...

The opening of Citizen Erased after the harmonics is incredibly heavy, same with Dead Star after the anacrusis. Don't really think Hysteria is that heavy, it is just emphasised by the distorted vocals. Quite a lot of Showbiz is apart from the obvious piano songs (especially compared to later piano songs such as Apocalypse Please and Butterflies and Hurricanes). Although it is has a synth bass line, you could say that Follow Me is one of the band's heavier songs.

I used to think that SMBH was heavy.

Really don't understand what most of the songs mentioned are doing here. Like this one.

Quite a lot of Showbiz is apart from the obvious piano songs (especially compared to later piano songs such as Apocalypse Please and Butterflies and Hurricanes).

What piano songs on Showbiz? The only one is Sunburn and that one is one of the heavier on a pretty unheavy album.

Really don't understand what most of the songs mentioned are doing here. Like this one.

What piano songs on Showbiz? The only one is Sunburn and that one is one of the heavier on a pretty unheavy album.

I'd imagine 3D had the outro of Cave in mind.

Archived