The heavier muse songs

tillydog

I pretty much just meant Falling Down and Unintended (are the least heavy songs, stop bringing me down Tjet.), no idea what I meant. :LOL: You could also count the piano sections of Showbiz and Fillip as they sound pretty 'fluffy' during those sections.

I pretty much just meant Falling Down and Unintended, no idea what I meant. :LOL: You could also count the piano sections of Showbiz and Fillip as they sound pretty 'fluffy' during those sections.
While Unintended has some sort of organ synth in the background, it's most definitely a guitar song.

Piano section of Showbiz?

Assassin, KoC, New Born, CE, SS, Hysteria, US, Supremacy, Showbiz, Cave, Fury, TSP, Darkshines, Space Dementia, Futurism, Apocalypse Please, TaB, Survival, Liquid State, Unsustainable, Reapers

Not in that order.

oh jesus, now you've got me craving me that as a bloody setlist haha. Can you imagine???? That's how Download should be...

oh jesus, now you've got me craving me that as a bloody setlist haha. Can you imagine???? That's how Download should be...

Survival, Liquid State, Supremacy and Unsustainable? No thx.

Though, yeah, if they want to market themselves to the Download crowd and convince people to go buy their music, they should focus on playing the heaviest set they can. I imagine songs like Starlight, Madness, SMBH, Resistance, even Mercy and Dead Inisde, would be pretty much pointless.

Though, yeah, if they want to market themselves to the Download crowd and convince people to go buy their music, they should focus on playing the heaviest set they can. I imagine songs like Starlight, Madness, SMBH, Resistance, even Mercy and Dead Inisde, would be pretty much pointless.

There was definitely room to get rid of some songs, because I think there were around 21 in the first place in that list, so yeah defo get rid of Survival, LS and Unsustainable. And swap Supremacy for Dead Star. But if the rest of the setlist was like that I think you're nitpicking by cutting out three or four songs from an otherwise completely unrealistic but mind blowing setlist ;)

There was definitely room to get rid of some songs, because I think there were around 21 in the first place in that list, so yeah defo get rid of Survival, LS and Unsustainable. And swap Supremacy for Dead Star. But if the rest of the setlist was like that I think you're nitpicking by cutting out three or four songs from an otherwise completely unrealistic but mind blowing setlist ;)

Lol, I thought we were just listing what we believed to be Muse's heaviest songs. Didn't realize it would turn into setlist discussion or I definitely would have cut some of those out. :LOL: (I do like Supremacy though)

In my mind Psycho's about as heavy as TiRO, Hyper Music, Plug In Babay, etc. It's definitely a hard rock song, and they'll almost assuredly play it at Download, but they have a whole category of heavier songs.

imo Hyper Music is a lot heavier than both TiRO and PIB though.

imo Hyper Music is a lot heavier than both TiRO and PIB though.

Yeah, but I've always though Hyper Music's heaviness has more of a punkish influence than the heaviness of, say, Stockholm Syndrome, which is at least a smidge more metallic.

Just IMO though. I had to think about putting Hyper Music in my list if that says anything. ;)

I think Muse need to go into download and play a pretty heavy set, but I don't think they should be marketing themselves to that crowd. Muse have built a really solid fan base by now, and the fact is that a vast majority of their music just isn't heavy. If they played all of their heavy songs, and the download audience who weren't familiar with Muse went out and bought their CDs based off of the performance, I can't help but imagine they would be super disappointed....

Lol, I thought we were just listing what we believed to be Muse's heaviest songs. Didn't realize it would turn into setlist discussion or I definitely would have cut some of those out. :LOL: (I do like Supremacy though)

I was just impressed you somehow unintentionally created one of the best setlists in the world haha :LOL:

I think Muse need to go into download and play a pretty heavy set, but I don't think they should be marketing themselves to that crowd. Muse have built a really solid fan base by now, and the fact is that a vast majority of their music just isn't heavy. If they played all of their heavy songs, and the download audience who weren't familiar with Muse went out and bought their CDs based off of the performance, I can't help but imagine they would be super disappointed....

Why else would they be playing the festival though, if not to convince people to go out and buy their music/future gig tickets?

Plus, even if some people were disappointed when they bough the albums, the band have still sold a few more copies so mission accomplished.

Why else would they be playing the festival though, if not to convince people to go out and buy their music/future gig tickets?

Plus, even if some people were disappointed when they bough the albums, the band have still sold a few more copies so mission accomplished.

Well, I'm sure they'll make a little bit of $ from playing the show. I think it is a given that there are at least several tens of of fans who will probably buy some Muse albums because of the festival show and more power to them. I just think it's kind of funny to see Muse on a bill with Slipknot, Judas Priest, Marilyn Manson, Parkway Drive, and Suicidal Tendencies.

Well, I'm sure they'll make a little bit of $ from playing the show. I think it is a given that there are at least several tens of of fans who will probably buy some Muse albums because of the festival show and more power to them.

Obviously. To my knowledge though, bands usually play festivals to market themselves to people who might not have listened to them before, hence why festival sets are usually very hit orientated.

Also, at a normal festival that probably would be a given, but I doubt many people at Dowload would be rushing off to buy their albums if they played Starlight, Madness and some of the other usual suspects. Which is why, for this occasion, it wouldn't make sense to play more than one or two of those songs.

Archived