1. Oos
  2. The Resistance
  3. Abso
  4. BHaR
  5. Hulla
  6. Showbiz

Red; Top 10 of Decade material

Orange; Top 25 of the decade

This pretty much mirrors my list only I swap Absolution and BH&R. OoS was #16 on my decade list with The Resistance being #35. I was actually surprised at how much The Resistance grew on me and how consistent it ended up being when compared to the previous two.

Now with The Resistance out be interesting to do a new poll on the best album :)

Showbiz - Fantastic album especially for their 1st but it doesn't really have an epic song as such, although on the plus side it doesn't have any song that I don't really like.

Absolution - Has 3/4 epic songs but a couple that I don't like that much. (SFA and Endlessly)

BHAR - Has 4/5 epic songs but also 2/3 average ones that are a bit boring. (SMBH, Starlight)

OOS - Has 4/5 epic songs, but a couple that aren't that great (FG and DS)

Resistance - Also has 4/5 epic songs but then UD I've actually deleted.. and GL and Uprising are a bit boring. Also not a fan of I belong to you yet.

So it comes down to Absolution, BHAR and OOS... and I'm still yet to decide. :LOL:

I went with BHAR... it needs more love :LOL:

OOS is probably 2nd followed by Absolution and then Resistance/Showbiz but not sure in what order (I mean if I was rating the songs on these 2 albums in order it would probably go Muse for 5 songs, then Showbiz mixed with 2 Resistance songs and then the least 4 fave songs being from Resitance)

1. Origin of Symmetry

2. Black Holes and Revelations

3. Absolution

4. Showbiz

5.The Resistance

Origin of Symmetry is just amazing to be fair, muse's best song on it (Newborn), and it's consistently just brilliant

Black Holes and Revelations, has the pure excellent musicmanship throughout, and still kept that original wild side that matt bellamy burst on the scene with (Take a Bow, Supermassive Black Hole), and has Muse's 2nd best song on it too Map of the Problematique.

Absolution has an excellent second half to the album, not so good the first half, but what it does have is two absoleute crackers, Stockholm Syndrome and Butterflies and Hurricanes.

Showbiz, is pure excellence but probably my least listened too Muse album :/ , but it has 'Showbiz' and quite possibly is the most amazing song Muse have produced barr Newborn. And of course Muscle Museum and Sunburn which are quality too.

And The Resistance, I would say is muse's weakest album to date, however I still listen intently, and MK Ultra, Undisclosed Desires,Unnatural Selection,Uprising and Exogenesis are the highlights, and Guiding Light is quite possibly Muse's worst song :(

And just to say DEADSTAR IS AMAZING AND I WOULD PAY SERIOUS MONEY TO WATCH THEM PLAY IT IN A GIG :D

Archived