1. 1. Best Album

• Showbiz
    • OoS
    • Absolution
    • BHaR
    • The Resistance
    • The 2nd Law
    • Drones

Well, my favourite alcum is Absolution because piano is my alltime favourite musical instrument and let's face it, Absolution is a piano album.

my favourite songs off the album are Sing for absolution (in my top five all time as well), Apocalypse please, Endlessly and Ruled by Secrecy. The funny thing, is my least favourites are the two heavier tracks Stockholm Syndrome and Hysteria. Of course, I quite believe that they are the best tracks on the album but I don't like them as much.

This is followed by Origin of Symmetry which has some great piano tracks such as Space Dementia (my second favourite overall) and Bliss/Newborn (not piano tracks but have some nice piano work in there) and Megalomania's organ is something everyone needs to appreciate. Screenager's piano version pwns and of course my favourite part of the album are the last 2:01 of Citizen Erased. :p My least favourites are the heaveier ones again - Plug in baby and Hyper Music. (lol, I mentioned almost every track)

Then comes Black Holes and Revelations - no prizes for guessing my favourite track here - hoodoo, followed by take a Bow and that's when it gets tough with hardly any piano tracks on here - Starlight bores me to tears, the piano melody is just too simple but I love the funky Supermassive black Holes and City of Delusion is a good track. Of course, knights of Cydonia is a fun one as well!

Showbiz comes last with some great tracks on there - my favourite is Sunburn, then Muscle Museum and Cave and Falling Down (the weakest Muse piano song IMO) while I like Sober and hate This and I'll Love you also.

Hullabaloo isn't in the same league as the others but undoubtedly my favourite track on this is Shine acoustic and map of your head and hyperchondriac music.

• 1 month later...

Honestly, I cant make heads or tails of this question.

Although I have stated recently that Absolution is my fav album, I rate OOS higher. So what if the flow sounds a little flawed? It has much better songs!

Having said that, I have also once expressed my deep love for BH&R. I completely despise Assassin and Exo Politics so I cant see how it can ever be my fav anymore.

One thing's for sure though. Showbiz will never be my fav album.

1)Origin of Symmetry

2)Absolution (mainly by default nowadays)

3)Black Holes and Revelations (the novelty has worn off)

4)Showbiz (can't remember when I last listened to it from start to finish)

I do not class Hullabaloo as an album

Hullabaloo is a bunch of b-sides :(

So is amnesiac. I can still love them as much, or more, than the album tracks! Infact some of my favourite muse tracks e.g. Spiral Static, Fury, Agitated, Dead Star, Glorious, Futurism, Crying Shame & In Your World are (except as Japansese bonus tracks/Random 1-8 EP) not on any of the albums.

I listen to Hullabaloo as an album and i think it's as good and in some cases better than some of the other albums. It definately takes longer to get into and is therefore in some ways more challenging, but I think it flows well, has some amazing tracks and creates an overall atmosphere that I love. I would put it on over Absolution and Showbiz and it's probably my most played muse cd after OOS.

So is amnesiac. I can still love them as much, or more, than the album tracks! Infact some of my favourite muse tracks e.g. Spiral Static, Fury, Agitated, Dead Star, Glorious, Futurism, Crying Shame & In Your World are (except as Japansese bonus tracks/Random 1-8 EP) not on any of the albums.

I listen to Hullabaloo as an album and i think it's as good and in some cases better than some of the other albums. It definately takes longer to get into and is therefore in some ways more challenging, but I think it flows well, has some amazing tracks and creates an overall atmosphere that I love. I would put it on over Absolution and Showbiz and it's probably my most played muse cd after OOS.

no you're not allowed.

Amnesiac is not a B-sides album.

Amnesiac is not a B-sides album.

The tracks were recorded at the same time as those for Kid A as part of their move into electronica, yet didn't make it on that album because they didn't quite fit, so were compiled and released 8 months later. Whilst the band say they should be regarded as two seperate albums, that to me = b sides album.

Archived