I posted this in the Wembley thread, should be here though...

What is it with Muse having fantastic sets to end the UK Leg of the tours on? :LOL:

Absolution:

Earls Court 20th (Glorious, Micro Cuts, Space Dementia)

Black Holes & Revelations:

V Fest 2008 (Dead Star, Space Dementia, Bliss)

The Resistance:

The O2: (Cave, MK Ultra)

Wembley 11th September (Bliss, Citizen, MK, Ruled by Secrecy)

Muse are sneaky bastards. Loads of people next time aren't going to risk missing out on the better setlist and so will have to buy tickets for both nights :rolleyes:

Or just the second night. Ever since Wembley in 2007 I've gone with the second night and it's worked every time so far :p

In so many words, Matt also had a pop at Friday's crowd & said the real fans were here tonight

Though I'm a fan from old skool it was good that they altered the set not by much but did well to throw changes but its high time Hysteria, FG, TIRO & Starshite were dropped forever.

No, and as usual people here are looking WAY too into what he said.

This.

Lets face it. they KNEW that everyone on here that COULD go to wembley, would have bought tickets as soon as they could for the 11th gig before the 10th was added, there were LOOOOOOOOOADS of people from here there on the 11th,and they know that all.

they didn't say friday's crowd was shit, they just knew there was more hardcore fans there last night. And I would agree, everyone around me was singing along to the likes of CE/Bliss/RBS.

Surely people are not taking what he said too seriously?!!!

Its rock star banter 101! When I hear that a band has said "Good night "Random Country", you are the best", I don't go and have a hissy fit because its not my country!

They could play the most incredible gig ever (and for me last night was a contender) and people on here would still whine about something.

They were probably so charged last night because everyone knew songs like Ruled by Secrecy, Citizen Erased e.t.c.

Sooo glad I was there last night, just as I was ecstatic to be there on the 13th Nov at the 02!

Both gigs seemed to get a rockier setlist than the previous night.

tbh though, if it wasn't for GL and FG, my body would be even more screwed than it is.

I was about 30 rows in front of the sound stage and the atmosphere was immense around me.... My calves are dead today after 2 hours of madness!

Thank you Muse! Bliss and CE on the same night. mwah!

In so many words, Matt also had a pop at Friday's crowd & said the real fans were here tonight

Though I'm a fan from old skool it was good that they altered the set not by much but did well to throw changes but its high time Hysteria, FG, TIRO & Starshite were dropped forever.

THIS. Or at least rotated out or something. We don't need Hysteria, Starlight, SMBH, TiRO, KoC, FG and PiB at EVERY GIG, regardless of the fact that some of them are great songs. They did it with SS, MOTP, etc...

I cant see hysteria getting dropped any time soon if ever.. :erm: probably not TiRO or Starlight (it's a great sing and clap along live and it's only the hardcore fans that dont like it, that dont want to hear it, which is a very small percentage of the people at muse gigs), Feeling good im not too sure on, they may keep it for a long time to come cos everyone knows it and can sing along, which gives the band awesome-fuel, but at the same time it's obviously a cover...

Plug in Baby will never be dropped. It was the one song that everyone around me jumped through pretty much the whole song, I think the jumping only ease off a little towards the end of the verses, but then when the choruses came back in, everyone started jumping again. Plus they will always keep it for the PiB Balloons.

This.

Lets face it. they KNEW that everyone on here that COULD go to wembley, would have bought tickets as soon as they could for the 11th gig before the 10th was added, there were LOOOOOOOOOADS of people from here there on the 11th,and they know that all.

they didn't say friday's crowd was shit, they just knew there was more hardcore fans there last night. And I would agree, everyone around me was singing along to the likes of CE/Bliss/RBS.

The reason he said we were real fans on Saturday I think is because many, and I mean a lot, booed Feeling Good on Friday.

Do Muse genuinely think that NSC, GL, FG, IBTY, UD, Starlight, Unintended and Soldier's Poem are better than MOTP, MK Ultra, CE, Bliss, RBS, Cave, Sunburn, B&H and Dead Star, to name but a few?

Srsly?

I'd kinda like to know if there are any fans/gig-goers here at all who subscribe to that view, given the binary choice?

It's just painfully baffling :'(.

:awesome:

:awesome:

Amazing gig.

Archived