Full lyrics from muse.mu, if anyone wants them.

I was searching

You were on a mission

Then our hearts combined like

A neutron star collision

I have nothing left to lose

You took your time to choose

Then we told each other

With no trace of fear that...

Our love would be forever

And if we die We die together

And lie, I said never

'Cause our love would be forever

The world is broken

Halos fail to glisten

You try to make a difference

But no one wants to listen

Hail, the preachers, fake and proud

Their doctrines will be cloud

Then they'll dissipate

Like snowflakes in an ocean

Love is forever

And we'll die, we'll die together

And lie, I say never

'Cause our love could be forever

Now I've got nothing left to lose

You take your time to choose

I can tell you now without a trace of fear

That my love will be forever

And we'll die we'll die together

Lie, I will never

'Cause our love will be forever

in the interview afterwards (
)

doesn't that "mystery woman" who "they cant say who she is" but she "will be great" sound a bit like GaGa? :eek:

haha anyone hating the lyrics---> lyrics=matts feelings when he is in love

i love him more now that i know he's such a cheeseball.... i bet if he wasnt a musician he'd be writing poems like this to his exgirlfriends :chuckle:

Muse! :dance:

the should do the fallowing in setlists

Nuetron Star

Dead Star

Starlight

Hyper Music

UD

Uno

I love you, no i dont!, yes i do!, no i dont...

:chuckle:

By the ignorance of your reply I'm guessing you can't possibly give the songs a listen and form an opinion of your own, you instead decided to troll. Congrats ;)

:LOL: I like Hero of War but havent heard the other...

BTW LOVE NSC like OMG :awesome:

:rolleyes: sorry, but i actually do like it a lot, it makes me happy

It's ridiculous and not something I want to hear more of, but like Clunge said, as a one-off bit of madness and a feeling Matt had to get out of his system, I really like it.

Matt's lyrics have never been particularly deep or amazing, especially when it comes to love songs, so I can forgive the cheesiness.

No, you don't deserve muse.

Why?

Because your ugly.

Now shut up and go home :phu:

What? That made about as much sense as his post!

Actually, my post makes perfect sense. 90% of the time (hence the use of that figure), all I encounter here is whinging about "I want old Muse back" and "OMFG Guiding Light" and associated posts.

Do you not understand that a band progresses over time, changes their style and moves on from what they used to be?? And do you also not understand that from the earliest demo's of the Showbiz album, Muse have been utter cheese and OTT madness??

They've never even taken _themselves_ seriously from the start, you can't expect the fans too, can you??

This song isn't their best, but it's far far _far_ from their worst. Name me another band today that would ever dare contemplate putting Rachmaninov and 4 stylistic changes into a single 4 minute song that is to be the tentpole of a major (whether we like it or not) release??

But it's an awesome song.

not in my opinion :p but btw I wasn't trying to say this song sucks there, it was a general statement - what good is new music if it isn't good new music?

My honest opinion is this: the only redeeming quality I can think of in it is that I like Matt's voice... but that's general... he could be singing Mary Had A Little Lamb and I'd enjoy listening to his voice ;)

I listened to it a couple of times trying to see if it would grow on me or if I'd pick up on something I missed the first time through because I was laughing too loud and honestly, at this point, there is nothing about it that I find appealing.... nothing at all.

Wtf?! So I'm not allowed an opinion either. oh fucking lol

No one is denying you an opinion :facepalm:

it's just all your merry friends have gone now, so you are bound to be faced with much more appreciation for the song, and thus people's reactions to your dislike of it.

blegh, the beginning of the song was terrible. it got better as it went on, but its just not good in my opinion. i was thinking itll be a grower (the 30 second clip grew on me!) but after more listens it hasnt gotten any better...mebbe its a really reaaaally slow grower? :LOL:

but who wants to bet this goes into the setlist-at least for the US tour :indiff:

anywho, im glad some people like it, and i wish i did...but i just dont. doesnt make me any less of a muse fan, though.

I have been a muse fan for years and have defended pretty much of their decisions, BUT i can safely that not even the solicitor that got OJ simpson off could defend this song. Absolutely terrible. Wouldn't surprise me if they play a queen medley during the encore at wembley. Please muse, start making good music again.

Muse will be there Thick & Thin I'm a true fan

I buy your music and other stuff will continue to

But when we I see a

Team Matt

Team Dom

Team Chris

Shirts I'm gonna PUKE

Haven't they heard about the Summer Tour merchandise?

This song isn't their best, but it's far far _far_ from their worst. Name me another band today that would ever dare contemplate putting Rachmaninov and 4 stylistic changes into a single 4 minute song that is to be the tentpole of a major (whether we like it or not) release??

There aren't any bands who would do that, mainly because they know that doing so is guaranteed to bring poor results. No other band will swing styles so much in one album, never mind one song. That's not because they're "boring" or "not adventurous", it's because they know it doesn't frigging work.

Despise the beginning. Love the chorus. Dislike the lyrics. Indifferent about the guitar solo. Love the piano outro.

Can't wait for the music video, it looks like it's going to be hilarious. Glad Matt got this song out of his system, but wished it was a little tighter in places, a little more rockin', and a lot less cheesy.:rolleyes:

Can't wait to see what part of Eclipse they manage to squeeze this lolzy gem into.

I'm so glad you agree with me. I mean love, freaking LOVE English rock. But English pop is not America's favorite thing. It seems to be a bit glossy, and over here, at least in good pop, we want to hear some dirt. Even if its highly produced, multi-layered dirt. It's still there.

Muse are in this sort of, LET'S OUT QUEEN QUEEN! phase right now, which I think strays too far away from Bellamy's roots as a guitarist. He fucking listens to Jimi Hendrix and Tom Morello man.

If Muse plan to make a bigger splash in the US, which they have been attempting for awhile, it's not going to be with grand, sweeping, emotive songs like this.

We Americans want Bellamy to just shut up for a second and play his guitar.

This.

I listened to it a couple of times trying to see if it would grow on me or if I'd pick up on something I missed the first time through because I was laughing too loud and honestly, at this point, there is nothing about it that I find appealing.... nothing at all.

I think it might be a receder..

like matts hairline oops

not in my opinion :p but btw I wasn't trying to say this song sucks there, it was a general statement - what good is new music if it isn't good new music?

My honest opinion is this: the only redeeming quality I can think of in it is that I like Matt's voice... but that's general... he could be singing Mary Had A Little Lamb and I'd enjoy listening to his voice ;)

You need to listen to it more than a couple of times I think. It's definitely a grower.

There aren't any bands who would do that, mainly because they know that doing so is guaranteed to bring poor results. No other band will swing styles so much in one album, never mind one song. That's not because they're "boring" or "not adventurous", it's because they know it doesn't frigging work.

not so much that it "doesn't work", in my opinion it works fine.

but thats just it. In the eyes of your average joe, it doesnt work, but in the eyes of the minority of fans, it does.

Other bands are to scared to do it because it will bring "poor results". Muse aren't after results at all.

I'm so glad you agree with me. I mean love, freaking LOVE English rock. But English pop is not America's favorite thing. It seems to be a bit glossy, and over here, at least in good pop, we want to hear some dirt. Even if its highly produced, multi-layered dirt. It's still there.

This was a massive tune in the UK last year =

Listen to that bassline ;) lots of pop here now has Grime, Dubstep, Bassline influences and American stuff finding it's way here is very clean in comparison.

Archived