My problem with this song (and a good chunk of TR material) is that it feels like a pastiche' of half realized ideas. The verse is a nod to early muse with synth arpeggios and the cydonia beats--and then we get a droll glam-rock chorus slapped in? Then steal some rachmaninov. Done.

There is no integrity in it for me.

I agree completely. It's just balls.

I... I said never!

bum ba ba dum ba ba dum ba ba dum....

this reminds me of poetry i wrote in the ninth grade.

reeeaally crap use of simile/metaphor in the lyrics

and then the flashes of koc throughout just really annoy me.

i want to give matt the benefit of his motivation for writing it. knowing about that makes me want to like it....but i can't get past those two things.

the verse melody is pretty crap too :$

Again, a lot of people forcing themselves to like a recent crappy Muse song.

Or maybe just you cynics forcing us not to like it.

Who knows. The word "cheese" has seemed to have played a huge part today in preventing people from forming their own opinions.

Perhaps people are just naturally afraid of anything that shows powerful emotion. I thought that was why people liked muse in the first place.

If you like it, you don't have to say that it's brilliantly cheesy or whatever, you can just say that you like it...

I really like the lyrics.

Yes.

I ACTUALLY LIKE THE LYRICS.

The last chorus is fucking beast with the pounding kick drum. Sure, muse use it in so many of their songs, but it is so epiccccccc.

More like a sucker.

Again, a lot of people forcing themselves to like a recent crappy Muse song.

Nah, I don't think so. If you like it, you do. If you hate it, you do. I'm not forcing myself to like anything.

I've listened to it now many times and I hated it at first but now I can't help but like it.

Or maybe just you cynics forcing us not to like it.

Who knows. The word "cheese" has seemed to have played a huge part today in preventing people from forming their own opinions.

Perhaps people are just naturally afraid of anything that shows powerful emotion. I thought that was why people liked muse in the first place.

If you like it, you don't have to say that it's brilliantly cheesy or whatever, you can just say that you like it...

It shows 'powerful emotion' the same way a telenovela does: overwrought dialogue and clumsy metaphors.

You can practically see matt vamping through the cheese cloud of arpeggios and 80s' power ballad tones.

I really like the lyrics.

Yes.

I ACTUALLY LIKE THE LYRICS.

The last chorus is fucking beast with the pounding kick drum. Sure, muse use it in so many of their songs, but it is so epiccccccc.

i'm happy for you.

you're 17. of course you like them ;)

I'm going to have the chrous in my head all week. I'm listening to someone different now and its still going through my head.

Doris is driving me :mad:

Same. The chorus has been stuck in my head since I listened to it. I don't like it so no thanks :noey:. LOVE IZ FOREVVUR DURRR

It's not a bad song. Guiding Light is wayyyy worse. I have a feeling if some of you had no idea it was for the Twilight soundtrack, you would like it a lot more. Good dark Chorus. The verses are a little bland I suppose, but better than some of their other songs.

I think people are taking this song a bit too seriously. It's not like this song is supposed to be some sort of revolutionary tune - it's one song for one soundtrack. I like the tune. Do I really need to care if it's emotional or full of riffs? I like it.

I feel like I'm being too serious. I'm going to go try another failed kneeslide now :p

Archived