Okay, can we all settle down a bit? This song is no indication of what way Muse is going with future endeavors. They know what their fanbase wants, and I think this stadium tour will show if Muse is going to start going downhill, or stay consistent. Dead Star/In Your World didn't really sound like Abso, it was 100% Origin...it didn't really foreshadow anything.

Not to mention this is Twilight this song is the lead single for. Muse had to make a chessy love/pop song for Twilight. Chill the f out. They'll be just fine. It's a one-off single for a crappy movie that sounds like it was written in the span of 5 minutes while having Resistance and Starlight on repeat.

Which, coincidentally, are songs I both love. Ha.

I meant generally you can split The Resistance down the middle

Tracks 1-5 mainly big choruses, pop-rock

Tracks 6-11 (minus IBTY) - riffs and classical

:yesey: First half = Quarter pounder. Second half = Whopper. lol

I definitely hear a bit of Megalomania in there...and maybe a bit of Newborn.

Yeahrhh don't you hear some Micro Cuts in there, too?!!!111!? :\mm/:

Okay, can we all settle down a bit? This song is no indication of what way Muse is going with future endeavors. They know what their fanbase wants, and I think this stadium tour will show if Muse is going to start going downhill, or stay consistent. Dead Star/In Your World didn't really sound like Abso, it was 100% Origin...it didn't really foreshadow anything.

Not to mention this is Twilight this song is the lead single for. Muse had to make a chessy love/pop song for Twilight. Chill the f out. They'll be just fine. It's a one-off single for a crappy movie that sounds like it was written in the span of 5 minutes while having Resistance and Starlight on repeat.

Which, coincidentally, are songs I both love. Ha.

1) Their 'fanbase' is quite ecclectic - there are some of us that prefer the older, rockier Muse and some who like the recent poppier sound. For them to 'know' what we all want means they'd have to sit somewhere in the middle; they they tried to do that with The Resistance, which can be split into the two groups mentioned (see Mozza's post I quoted above).

2) Dom stated that this song Wasn't written with Twilight in mind, so Matt didn't necessarily write it to fit the cheese of the films. (although some Emily chick on here posted somewhere saying Matt told her he wrote a love song and wasn't sure whether to have it on the Twilight soundtrack or not, lol).

If he DID write it to suit the film, it just shows that Muse are willing to compromise their musical integrity/sound for a tweenage film. Not good.

And lol, I dunno who's been particularly 'angry', but most people seem quite 'chilled' anyways - we're just pointing out that the signs seem to be headed for cheesetown for the next album. However, as people have said, the beauty of Muse is that they constantly change their style with each alb, so who knows where the next one could go? (but I wouldn't be surprised if we get more Undisclosed Desires-stylie than MK Ultra-stylie) ;)

Not to mention this is Twilight this song is the lead single for. Muse had to make a chessy love/pop song for Twilight.

Lol I don't know why everyone thinks they wrote this song especially for Twiwank. Big fail!

It really, really, really doesn't. :LOL:

I honestly don't hear where people are hearing this. Moody chords and apocalyptic vocals were prominent features of that era; this song appears to have neither so far.

Butterflies & Hurricanes with a happier sound. The piano, and the beat, reminds me of it. And the dramatic vocals. And it really really is MY opinion. Don't ridicule my personal opinion thanks very much. That's what's the big problem in this forum. :LOL: Everyone ridiculing each other's personal opinions and then people get pissed off.

...the beauty of Muse is that they constantly change their style with each alb, so who knows where the next one could go? (but I wouldn't be surprised if we get more Undisclosed Desires-stylie than MK Ultra-stylie) ;)
:noey:

I want more rock band Muse, not more RnB Muse. I'm going to be so nervous when we get close to the next album's release.

Lol I don't know why everyone thinks they wrote this song especially for Twiwank. Big fail!

Well, there was that girl, Emily, who said that Matt told her that he'd written a song for Eclipse.

And then when I talked to Matt, which was a few weeks later, he said they'd been working on something for Eclipse.

Key word being *for*, though this really doesn't make sense with what Dom said months back.

Well, there was that girl, Emily, who said that Matt told her that he'd written a song for Eclipse.

And then when I talked to Matt, which was a few weeks later, he said they'd been working on something for Eclipse.

Key word being *for*, though this really doesn't make sense with what Dom said months back.

Well yeah, basically Dom said the opposite.

Dom also said that while the song would suit Bella and Edward, it wasn't intentional.

And lol, I dunno who's been particularly 'angry', but most people seem quite 'chilled' anyways - we're just pointing out that the signs seem to be headed for cheesetown for the next album. However, as people have said, the beauty of Muse is that they constantly change their style with each alb, so who knows where the next one could go? (but I wouldn't be surprised if we get more Undisclosed Desires-stylie than MK Ultra-stylie) ;)

Undisclosed and SMBH are probably a breath of fresh air for the band, but I don't think we'll see more than 1 or 2 songs focusing on that direction.

Archived