After The Resisitance, some people wanted some sort of indication of which path Muse were going to take (first half of the album or second half of the album). By the sounds of this clip they're going down the first half of the album route, following the pattern of recent singles. Some people will like this, some people will not.

For me Dead Star/In your world has more to do with OOS than Absolution. This song can remind The Resistance but who knows if it has anything to do with the next album? That's a silly assumption, is just a one off song.

For me Dead Star/In your world has more to do with OOS than Absolution. This song can remind The Resistance but who knows if it has anything to do with the next album? That's a silly assumption, is just a one off song.

I think it's a fair assumption to make, judging by the singles both from this album and from BHaR and the sets they've been playing pretty much every night for an entire year where Muse see themselves musically.

As for Dead Star/In Your World, to me they are essentially a mix of the heavier stuff on Origin and Absolution, which makes sense as the single was released between the two albums.

This song sounds like the heavier piano stuff on Absolution.

It really, really, really doesn't. :LOL:

I honestly don't hear where people are hearing this. Moody chords and apocalyptic vocals were prominent features of that era; this song appears to have neither so far.

It really, really, really doesn't. :LOL:

I honestly don't hear where people are hearing this. Moody chords and apocalyptic vocals were prominent features of that era; this song appears to have neither so far.

80s style plinky piano and lyrics about love being forever and dying together is practically the same thing

Archived