If you don't like the song on the album just because of the distortion/messiness, it loses that live and just becomes a beefy-as-fuck rock song.

Re:losing distortion and messioness when played live: probably true.

However, as there are about 20-30 other Muse songs that don't get played that I'd rather listen to live, it's hard for me to care enough to root to hear the live versio to find out.

Hyper Music is bloody annoying and vastly overrated. I kind of forget that it exists, as I've deleted the song, along with FG, from the OoS file on my mp3-player. Until I see the demands to play it live and become utterly puzzled over its popularity once more.

Hellz nah

Madness is the best song on The 2nd Law.

I wouldn't say the best but it's a damn good song for the reasons you listed in another post of yours.

madness has certainly grown on me. I thought it would be a song I got sick of after a few listens but it has done the complete opposite

At a more slower pace I find that's happened to me - when it came out I hated it but after seeing it live I heard it a few times and I now rather like it. Even if it still took about 3 months to like. :chuckle:

Still hate Big Freeze though.

• 3 weeks later...
I really don't understand the fuss around it. I mean, what's so special about it? It just bores me to tears.

The riff, the vocals, the strings? And the SUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUPREMACYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

The riff, the vocals, the strings? And the SUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUSUPREMACYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

I already agreed on the riff part, but the strings, really? They're horrible, boring, Bond ripoff. And I'll take awesome chest vocals over falsetto any day of the week.