I want them to experiment by all means, but lets be honest we all want harder and heavier songs. Everyone on this board considers the resistance so amazingly experimental but apart from exogenesis i see very little evidence of this. Theyre experimenting with sounds that have been heard from other bands previously. eg. queen, depeche mode. I do like the resistance (although admittedly i think its by far their weakest effort) but i would want them to do something a little more abstract and not as accessible or deliberately radio-friendly. I still think going edging more to a heavier sound and darker song content would be a more appropriate direction.

But lets be honest what we're likely to get is an album as poppy as the resistance written from the perspective of a vampire in love with a stupid teenage girl... oh wait.... looks like theyre doing that anyway....

I want them to experiment by all means, but lets be honest we all want harder and heavier songs. Everyone on this board considers the resistance so amazingly experimental but apart from exogenesis i see very little evidence of this. Theyre experimenting with sounds that have been heard from other bands previously. eg. queen, depeche mode. I do like the resistance (although admittedly i think its by far their weakest effort) but i would want them to do something a little more abstract and not as accessible or deliberately radio-friendly. I still think going edging more to a heavier sound and darker song content would be a more appropriate direction.

But lets be honest what we're likely to get is an album as poppy as the resistance written from the perspective of a vampire in love with a stupid teenage girl... oh wait.... looks like theyre doing that anyway....

+1'000'000'000

And I know nearly everyone on here agrees with that line.

+ >9000

He probably couldn't even do that any more. His voice has matured a lot.

That's very true and don't get me wrong I definitely appreciate what his voice has matured too but I would love to hear the rawness of old Muse. Probably not going to happen unless in small doses but I'm interested to see what direction they are evolving in. I love this band deeply and I will never close my mind to where they want to go be it teenage vampires or back to their good ol ways. Either way I'm excited to hear something new and fresh and I hate to see fans that get disappointed before we actually have material to be disappointed about. Let's hope these words don't backfire on me...

I would just love a 6th album that has a bit of old and bit of new, if that makes sense. I still find it early to judge on what the 6th album would be like. Knowing Muse, whatever it is, it'll probably be quite surprising (not saying if that's good or bad though).

I'd love to see them try to pull off an insanely ambitious double LP that includes several OOS style prog rock tracks, a couple of Depeche Mode inspired pop songs, a 10 minute symphonic epic over two tracks (possibly representing some sort of epic space battle), a melancholy love ballad, a fast tempo punk rock song, as well as a few tracks that experiment with genres that Muse haven't really explored yet - for example, trip-hop, reggae, spoken word, folk, ect.

Even if it turns out to be a complete mess (like my post), it would certainly be a fascinating one. I'd hate to see them become completely a pop band, or revert back to their old style and not experiment anymore. A double album would allow them to experiment a bit, whilst still staying true to their origins.

i want 3-5 drop D heavy as hell alternative metal tracks - like stockholm, hyper music,

2 catchy groovy songs with awesome chris bass lines and falsetto vocals- like TIRO and sing for absolution, super massive

2 pop radio songs like starlight

1 undisclosed style song -

1 easterny songs like USOE and COD

1 beautiful romantic piano style song

and then whatever new shit matt wants to do that unsophisticated fans will diss but true musers will understand even they don't love it

PS: the resistance wasn't muse's best, but its still extremely listenable with a few moments of sheer brilliance (MK ultra and exo part 1 being my favorites)

i want 3-5 drop D heavy as hell alternative metal tracks - like stockholm, hyper music,

2 catchy groovy songs with awesome chris bass lines and falsetto vocals- like TIRO and sing for absolution, super massive

2 pop radio songs like starlight

1 undisclosed style song -

1 easterny songs like USOE and COD

1 beautiful romantic piano style song

and then whatever new shit matt wants to do that unsophisticated fans will diss but true musers will understand even they don't love it

PS: the resistance wasn't muse's best, but its still extremely listenable with a few moments of sheer brilliance (MK ultra and exo part 1 being my favorites)

Good luck with that.

For some reason this hread has made me realize what being a Led Zeppelin fan must have been like at the end:

"OMGOMGOMG NEW ALBUM :awesome: OMG THIS IS GONNA BE THE BEST THING EVER OMG"

*Listens to In Through the Out Door*

"What... what the hell is this?"

Not saying Muse are finished, I just laughed when thinking of that.

Archived