6. Knights of Cydonia

7. Bliss

8. Citizen Erased

9. Falling away with you

10. Falling Down

11. Blackout

12. Exogenisis Pt III

13. Starlight

Starlight was the only song with a complete mindfuck of outro vocals i could think of off the top of my head.

To be serious - I don't want Muse to be comedy band or band for 11 - 13 years old fans.

I want them to be mature, like on Showbiz. I don't understand 'mature' like writing 'symphony', or making songs about brainwashing, etc. I like this, but it sounds weird - "They will not force us", "We must run", "I want the twuth", "Hold me, our lips...".

All the lyrics sound too blank, too literally.I want something like "Come in my cave,

and arrest me for my mistakes", "She burns like the sun and I can't look away, and she'll burn our horizons make no mistakes" or "Cos I was born to destroy you,

and I am growing by the hour" - I need something mad :mad:

I like TR, but it's maybe a bit overproduced ? Ideas are amazing, but it's too many for 11 songs.

And music, for example Unnatural Selection - why Matt can't write more different riff ? Why it must associate with New Born ? and why they want be so funny - "We wanted put USoE on album, because we always smile at "there can be only one" part", "we wanted put cheesy track", etc. Why they are doing parody of themselves ?

One thing - I want mature Muse, mad Muse, weird and strange (in good, Showbiz way), I want listen songs with pleasure, but without duty of finding out - it's symphony, I must enjoy it, it's riff, I must enjoy it, it's about love, I must enjoy it, it's something different, I must enjoy it, it have complicated structure etc. I want enjoy songs, because they are good !

"Mature like on Showbiz"? Showbiz had some good lyrics on it, but it also had some ridiculously angsty lyrics, not to mention the brilliant line "to escape your meaningless.' I'd like lyrics more similar to Absolution's. Showbiz had too many angsty lyrics, OOS could be a bit too abstract, and BH&R and The Resistance had too many conspiracy theories.

I'm sure he wasn't intentionally trying to make it sound like Newborn, even though it does sound similar.

Because they seem to be sick of being taken seriously.Personally I don't mind, unless they put Guiding Light on because they found it funny, in which case they should lose their sense of humour. :p.

More epic piano songs would suit me fine.

I don't know how to say it. Not mature, because about end of the world, apocalypse, conspiracy. Mature, because allegorical, not literal, like "they will not force us, we will be victorious" - it's like talking to 5 years old child, where is message, where is hidden meaning ?

I want to have chance to interpretate lyrics my way, not only finding references to "1984".

I've banished boom and bust

Baby

The growing debt is no big suprise

But now it's time

For some spending

Wasting everything

To protect some banks

But my broken economy

Crucifies the Labour party

And the Tories are winning

Oh no

My broken economy

When Barclays wont start lending

They're tired of giving

Toooo yooooouuuuu

Don't confuse

Brown is gonna lose

At the election game

Change him

Replace the leadership

Vote Brown. get Balls

But my broken economy

Crucifies the Labour party

And the Tories are winning

Oh no

My broken economy

When Barclays wont start lending

They're tired of giving

Toooo yooooouuuuu

And he's called me a bigot

Is there a better man alive?

:LOL:

I don't know how to say it. Not mature, because about end of the world, apocalypse, conspiracy. Mature, because allegorical, not literal, like "they will not force us, we will be victorious" - it's like talking to 5 years old child, where is message, where is hidden meaning ? I want to have chance to interpretate lyrics my way, not only finding references to "1984".

Sorry, but :facepalm: Only, because I can't be bothered to reiterate the meaning of Uprising again but there are plenty of explanations of the message of the song. Matt has spoken about it at length in interviews and it's not about 1984. Well apart from drawing associations in alluding to the development of a similar state of affairs. Don't assume that just because you don't understand it that there's nothing to understand.

:LOL:

Sorry, but :facepalm: Only, because I can't be bothered to reiterate the meaning of Uprising again but there are plenty of explanations of the message of the song. Matt has spoken about it at length in interviews and it's not about 1984. Well apart from drawing associations in alluding to the development of a similar state of affairs. Don't assume that just because you don't understand it, there's nothing to understand.

they wrote uprising about the G20 summit protests in london last year. all the violence

Don't assume that just because you don't understand it that there's nothing to understand.

Yea yea, I understand that this line have numbers of meanings, but I mean, that Bellamy could write it in another way, not that simple. I miss "wearing socks and phone" etc.

Yea yea, I understand that this line have numbers of meanings, but I mean, that Bellamy could write it in another way, not that simple. I miss "wearing socks and phone" etc.

I noticed people thought that linked to him mentioning that he liked to see girls dressed in t-shirts and socks. :chuckle: But in the context of the song, I thought it had a completely different meaning.

I do agree that Map of Your Head is a very well written song but it's concerning a completely different subject. A story of individual experience rather than about a group issue. The lyrics of Uprising aren't that straightforward, they require some delving to make sense of them. I think Butterflies and Hurricanes is probably one of the most obvious songs lyrically but nevertheless it's very popular.

Archived