My ideal 6th album would be the kind of one where Muse shakes classical music with riffs and this perfect mix of full high and sweet sensitive voice. Variety in songs is also one the reasons why I love so much Muse so if they can keep doing that I'd be very pleased. :D

I want someone to make muse listen to the bends again so they make another showbiz...

ok no, radiohead comparisons aside i really like showbiz.. i want a development upon showbiz (y)

my opinion on this changes pretty much daily though :LOL:

MORE FALSETTO! I know Matt's voice has changed over the years, but I miss those high notes. Pretty much any music they want to do I'll be happy with, as long as its good music. A mixture of everything but more progressive rock orientated I'd be very happy with.

MORE FALSETTO! I know Matt's voice has changed over the years, but I miss those high notes. Pretty much any music they want to do I'll be happy with, as long as its good music. A mixture of everything but more progressive rock orientated I'd be very happy with.

More falsetto would be great. Matt has an incredible range - that's what sets him apart from other vocalists. I know Matt had mentioned they wanted to do another track like Undisclosed Desires for the next album, but (while it may be catchy) it doesn't showcase his vocal talent (or that of the band). I don't expect them to make another OoS or Absolution, but I would love to see a return to riffage. Or some organ. Organ would be good - maybe it would keep them away from the pop streak they're on. They can't possibly make pop songs with an organ bellowing in the background, right? :chuckle:

i hoping for something thats kind of a mix between the old and new stuff, with some completely new stuff thrown in. i love the scale and epicness and ambition of BHaR and TR, but i prefer the darker songs from showbis, OoS and absolution. if they could do their really huge, grand-scale knights/exo/MoTP trakc sbut make them a bit darker.

and they can keep the electro stuff, so long as its SBMH/MOTP electro, and less undisclosed desires RnB.

also, im hoping at least one big proper baseline/riff hysteria type track, and some heavier piano songs (i like IBTY and USOE, but theyve got more tinkly piano than heavy piano. more space dementia-esque stuff would be good)

i hoping for something thats kind of a mix between the old and new stuff, with some completely new stuff thrown in. i love the scale and epicness and ambition of BHaR and TR, but i prefer the darker songs from showbis, OoS and absolution. if they could do their really huge, grand-scale knights/exo/MoTP trakc sbut make them a bit darker.

and they can keep the electro stuff, so long as its SBMH/MOTP electro, and less undisclosed desires RnB.

also, im hoping at least one big proper baseline/riff hysteria type track, and some heavier piano songs (i like IBTY and USOE, but theyve got more tinkly piano than heavy piano. more space dementia-esque stuff would be good)

This would be ideal. I would just go crazy if this happened. I like their versatility and support their intentions to go forward and experiment more. And if that experimentation appeared in the form of this above, it would be awesome :awesome:

Potion formula for successful 6th Muse album:

The classically styled piano, deep and meaningful lyrics and orchestral beauty of Absolution

+

The riffs, guitar work, heavy basslines and strange sounds of Origin of Symmetry

+

The originality, energy, and symphonic side of music from The Resistance

+

The spacey sound, guitar solos, synthesizers and instrumental diversity from BH&R

+

The classic style rock and falsetto used in Showbiz

-

Twilight

=

MUSE! :musesign::matt::chris::dom:

Pick at most two ideas and stick to them, none of this genre hopping they've been doing on the last two albums.

Oh and no cheese.

This. That's what I've been saying since the release of BH&R.

no. more. cheese.

no starlight, no invincible, no undisclosed desires, no resistance, no guiding light, no i belong to you. no more queen.

I accept that we have completely lost the OoS muse. I wish for more mk ultra, unnatural selection, exogenesis, take a bow, knights of cydonia, Stockholm syndrome, hysteria, ruled by secrecy, hoodoo, map of the problematique, hysteria.

Muse JUST RELEASED Exogenesis on their last album, so I have not lost faith in Muse. I just hope they can put themselves on track and be serious about their song writing.

The classically styled piano, deep and meaningful lyrics and orchestral beauty of Absolution

+

The riffs, guitar work, heavy basslines and strange sounds of Origin of Symmetry

+

+

The spacey sound, guitar solos, synthesizers and instrumental diversity from BH&R

+

-

Twilight

=

This. :yesey: :yesey:

That's exactly what I'm hoping for -- that they'll take the best from all their previous stuff (plus maybe throw in something new but non-cheesy to surprise us!) and put it all together to make something amazing :)

+

+

+

+

-

Twilight

=

prescisely!

• 4 years later...
no. more. cheese.

no starlight, no invincible, no undisclosed desires, no resistance, no guiding light, no i belong to you. no more queen.

I accept that we have completely lost the OoS muse. I wish for more mk ultra, unnatural selection, exogenesis, take a bow, knights of cydonia, Stockholm syndrome, hysteria, ruled by secrecy, hoodoo, map of the problematique, hysteria.

Muse JUST RELEASED Exogenesis on their last album, so I have not lost faith in Muse. I just hope they can put themselves on track and be serious about their song writing.

Request denied.

Archived