In double science this arvo, we kinda got a bit off topic...... my friends & I ended up trying to write our names on our laptos without looking :LOL:. A few times it ended coming out as stuff like iwejfionorw iusfuwnfifgreu. ANYWAY. I decided I'd try & write "Muse is the shiz" :awesome: , and I got up to 'muse is....' when my stupid non-muser friend says "NO! She going to write 'muse is cool'" and closes her laptop.

me -> :eek:

I said "No- I was writing muse is the shiz" :mad:

I don't even ramble on to her about muse that much for her to get sort of annoyed :(

bah.

:musesign:

ps someone slap me its 11:48pm and I have school tomorrow :facepalm:

So my dad tells me he's been listening to Muse nonstop for the past week (:awesome:), and he's all...when is that concert on again? (speaking of A Seaside Rendezvous on Palladia). So I told him (July 5) and I clarified that it sucked because ASR shows only 9 songs.

Me: So they're not gonna play your favorite, Stockholm Syndrome.

Dad: I have a bunch of favorites...like that Death Star and Unknown Desires and Supermassive Black Hole.

:LOL::facepalm: Oh Dad, you Star Wars geek, you.

I have been turning my dad into a Muser lately, and we've been listening to all the albums in the car. I finally decided it was time to bust out Showbiz on him. And...he said it was crap. All of it. Except for Unintended, which he said was OK. But...he especially hated Showbiz the song. And I quote:

"This is like what stoners listen to, nonstop. It's crap." :facepalm:

He didn't even get to the end to hear Matt's highest recorded studio note. :phu:

So then I gave up and put in Absolution, his favourite. :LOL:

I have been turning my dad into a Muser lately, and we've been listening to all the albums in the car. I finally decided it was time to bust out Showbiz on him. And...he said it was crap. All of it. Except for Unintended, which he said was OK. But...he especially hated Showbiz the song. And I quote:

"This is like what stoners listen to, nonstop. It's crap." :facepalm:

He didn't even get to the end to hear Matt's highest recorded studio note. :phu:

So then I gave up and put in Absolution, his favourite. :LOL:

To be fair, the beginning of Showbiz does sound a bit stoner-like :shifty:

But Showbiz is my second favorite album by them :'(

At least he likes Absolution :awesome:

To be fair, the beginning of Showbiz does sound a bit stoner-like :shifty:

But Showbiz is my second favorite album by them :'(

At least he likes Absolution :awesome:

I couldn't force him to get to the "they make meeeeee" part, even. :LOL: His favourites are Sing For Absolution and Endlessly. He thinks Hysteria belongs in a war movie and thinks TOADA is catchy. :LOL:

Showbiz will grow on him soon enough :chuckle:

I'll attack him with BH&R next, since, the first time listening to KOC, he said it somehow reminded him of Telstar...then I informed him that Matt's dad was in the Tornadoes :LOL:

I can't get over the fact that NME gave Starligh, SMBH and Invincible 5 stars, but MK Ultra, US, Exogenesis, Micro Cuts and Megalomania only 3 stars :stunned: And Hoodoo only 2 :eek: While Soldiers Poem got 4 :facepalm:

Soldier's Poem deserves a 4...though yes, the fact that they gave the singles full stars while the actual great songs in the albums got low scores shows they're ignorant cunts.

Hardly anyone where I live has even heard of Muse, which surprises me because they kinda are the biggest band in the world, except for all of the Twatlighters turned ex-Twatlighters/closet-Twatlighters. And anyone who has heard of Muse here has only ever heard SMBH, Starlight and Uprising. And if they're a really hardcore Muse fan they'll also have heard Knights and Hysteria.

Oh, experience that I just remembered. I brought in OoS to my art class last year which I should have known would be a mistake because the only stuff anyone else ever brought in was Lifehouse and John Mayer and stuff, but when the New Born riff started everyone like freaked out and I think the whole album made them really uncomfortable. It was really funny but kind of awkward, you know? And when Space Dementia was playing, my teacher goes "You make me sick because I *adore* you so?? Ah ha ha ha" (with her weird fake laugh). But yeah, I think to that class, Muse was like death metal freaky child satan worshiping music.

yup i live in arizona and know what you mean. on my friend ben and I's ride back from our last high schooll basketball game earlier this year, we had a conversation on the bus about summer and muse

ben: so whatctha doin this summer?

me: well might go to cali but im not sure, oh and im gonna see muse later this month. betcha havent heard of them.

ben: yea i have

me: where?

ben: they had the music vid with the evil teddy bears

me::eek::facepalm:

Soldier's Poem deserves a 4...though yes, the fact that they gave the singles full stars while the actual great songs in the albums got low scores shows they're ignorant cunts.

I'm not saying that Soldiers Poem doesn't deserve 4 stars, just that it doesn't deserve more stars than Hoodoo. Because Hoodoo is amazing, and SP is... Boring :erm:

You would think my friends, or people that know me, would understand who Dom is, after all, I talk about Muse frequently. However, I made a joke on facebook and people thought it was legit, so I played along for the lulz :chuckle: So silly...

formalnono.jpg

:noey::LOL:

That really is brilliant :LOL:

Me and my friend have a rivaly on who is better, muse or chris brown. :facepalm: She can really wind me up with it, but im worse as I dont take dissing muse lightly and now my comeback is 'Oh wait.. Who isnt allowed in the country? :chuckle:

You should :ninja:

Anyway, I don't see why people keep comparing USoE to Bohemian Rhapsody! They don't sound the same at all!

hell yea it does!!!! the same escalation of intensity of the music. i might say bohemian is even better. I AM NOT SAYING MUSE ARE BAD!!!! I am just saying that no other band in the world had such a perfectionist in the band to where it took 6 months to record a song!!!! yes bohemian rhapsody took 6 months to record. and me now knowing how to play lead guitar on Bohemian, think it is harder than most Muse songs (with the exeption of Invincible and Guiding Light solo).

Yes UOSE sounds incredibly similar to Bohemian. It actually sounds like Muse was inspired by Queen, U2, and possibly Radiohead

hell yea it does!!!! the same escalation of intensity of the music. i might say bohemian is even better. I AM NOT SAYING MUSE ARE BAD!!!! I am just saying that no other band in the world had such a perfectionist in the band to where it took 6 months to record a song!!!! yes bohemian rhapsody took 6 months to record. and me now knowing how to play lead guitar on Bohemian, think it is harder than most Muse songs (with the exeption of Invincible and Guiding Light solo).

Yes UOSE sounds incredibly similar to Bohemian. It actually sounds like Muse was inspired by Queen, U2, and possibly Radiohead

Sure - yes, they were inspired by Queen. I'm sure I've read that Matt has said so himself, and yes, it's pretty obvious. But come on. Bohemian Rhapsody? Really? Sure, it's got harmonies and stuff, but that's not unique to BR, Queen uses that in about all of their songs. We are the champions? Maybe. Bohemian Rhapsody? :noey:

Alright, these are some quotes from my good self on FB about a month ago under serious attack from non-musers. I got a little angry. I regret nothing....

mate, im not arguing with you about playing guitar, im arguing about one band. and the reasons you're telling me theyre crap are wrong. they're factually incorrect.

i would assume that the credentials you mentioned would give you an informed and eductaed opinion, but ive been proven wrong.

ive had plenty of people argue with me about this band before, and a lot of people have had very good points. these people have listened to every song, and dont think just because they play guitar they have a god given right to judge every single musician in history.

i suggest if you ever saw matt bellamy play guitar, you might change your mind.

i dont care if you dont like them, or if you think theyre shit. just come to me with factual, and researched reasons why they are shit. so far, none of you have shown me anything, and given my lack of cocksucking cronies, im not going to have any 'check mate' comments. so please, keep trying, but so far, you havent come close.

I went even further out later on, but its a little blue for this audience.... Dont question my Myooze.

Alright, these are some quotes from my good self on FB about a month ago under serious attack from non-musers. I got a little angry. I regret nothing....

I went even further out later on, but its a little blue for this audience.... Dont question my Myooze.

:LOL:

I people try and prove me wrong on FB, they dont know what theyre up against :LOL:

You would think my friends, or people that know me, would understand who Dom is, after all, I talk about Muse frequently. However, I made a joke on facebook and people thought it was legit, so I played along for the lulz :chuckle: So silly...

:noey::LOL:

Fail, Liz. You blacked out everyone's surname, but you forgot to do it at the top where it shows who liked it :LOL:

I don't know if this guy was actually a non-Muser, but I thought it was funny. My friend Beth and I were on the hotel courtesy shuttle on our way to the Ft Worth venue and there was a 50-ish British guy also on board on his way downtown. He seemed hip (if you can define hipness by the fact that he was wearing a cool leather jacket) and asked if we were going to the gig. We said yes, and he said "they're English, right?" And I said "Yes, from Devon." and he laughed and said "Oh, then 'they talk like this'" and he made fun of their accents. Does this mean Devon is like the hillbilly South in the U.S.?

That really is brilliant :LOL:

Me and my friend have a rivaly on who is better, muse or chris brown. :facepalm: She can really wind me up with it, but im worse as I dont take dissing muse lightly and now my comeback is 'Oh wait.. Who isnt allowed in the country? :chuckle:

I'd "Chris Brown" your friend for even trying to make that comparison. Lol.

Edit: I don't condone violence like what he did really. Lol.

That non muser didnt make me crazy but he kinda insulted matt so ...

Last year I had a beautiful pic of Matt as screensaver on my mobile.And one of my classmates saw it and went:

Him: Is that your boyfriend?:eek:

Me: No, (unfortunately)

Him: why do have him on your mobile then? He's not even good-looking!

Me: :mad:He's the most talented person ever and he's cute

Him: :facepalm:

Me: :fear:

I'll never set any Muse member as screensaver again.I don't want anyone insult them:$

Archived