This incident that happened yesterday shattered my hopes of finding other Musers, jus like the other 15,000 times it's happened.

Mum's friend: "Oh, I like your shirt! Muse are pretty awesome, aren't they?"

Me: :eek: *Speechless* "..Er, yeah! Yeah! You like them??" :awesome:

Mum's friend: "Yeah, just- the singers voice is a bit whiny, that's all,"

Me: "Hmm, shouldn't expect that you'd like it, anyway.."

Mum's friend: "Hm? ...Er, anyway. I think I know why it's a bit whiny. He's depressed, right?"

Me: "WHAT."

Mum's friend: "Poor kid. I think he needs to shave a bit, too. Not that it'll make him any more attractive- I can't say I'm that fond of gingers!"

Me: *Dies a little inside*

well my host mom's daughter is 8 years old, so she loves Justin bieber (?)

anyways,

i told her today, lets put some music, and she said... put JB so i said,

no, i said lets put some MUSIC :awesome:

and then she told me... oh, not Muse again... :facepalm: i hate it!

and i said, why, you dont even know what are they singing about... :LOL:

so she said... i dont need to, they look creepy, so they must sing Creep songs...

and i laughed, and laughed cause it reminded me to Radiohead, until she said

plus... justin bieber is waaay cuter than Muse's singer :facepalm:

i wanted to kill her... :mad:

but she's only 8. Most people are idiots at that age. :LOL:

This incident that happened yesterday shattered my hopes of finding other Musers, jus like the other 15,000 times it's happened.

Me: "Hmm, shouldn't expect that you'd like it, anway.."

Mum's friend: "Hm? ...Er, anyway. I think I know why it's a bit whiny. He's depressed, right?"

Mum's friend: "Poor kid. I think he needs to shave a bit, too. Not that it'll make him any more attractive- I can't say I'm that fond of gingers!"

Oh God, I'm so sorry :( that sucks! Good thing you can come here and get it off your chest.

Me: "Hmm, shouldn't expect that you'd like it, anyway.."

:( my sympathy goes to you. That really sucks.

My brother made me laugh today.

I was listening to music, he came to the room and asked "Could you play Superstar by Muse?" I started wondering which one did he mean - Starlight or Supermassive Black Hole but just asked him to hum me the melody of a song he wanted to hear.

It was Map of The Problematique. Hm:chuckle:

My father has officially moved from the "Non-muser" column to "Muser", but he still makes me crazy. After bombarding me with questions about my third day at work, the subject of concerts came up (mom wants me to take a day off to go with her to an Elton John concert in Tucson). I complained that this concert was on a Wednesday, and she went...well, what day was the Muse concert?

Me: Friday.

Dad: You went to a Muse concert??? :eek:

Me: :facepalm: Dad, that concert I went to in April, remember? I told you it was Muse.

Dad: ...really?

Me: YES.

Dad: ...I would have gone. If I'd known, I would have gone with you.

Mom: She invited you. You said no. Then she invited me, and I said no, so she went with her friend.

Dad: :indiff: *grumbling*

So I told him we could go to the San Diego concert together. He's actually considering it, which is funny because my father hates concerts, and it's a 5-6 hour drive to San Diego (whereas the Phoenix gig was about 20 minutes away).

:LOL:

My father has officially moved from the "Non-muser" column to "Muser", but he still makes me crazy. After bombarding me with questions about my third day at work, the subject of concerts came up (mom wants me to take a day off to go with her to an Elton John concert in Tucson). I complained that this concert was on a Wednesday, and she went...well, what day was the Muse concert?

Me: Friday.

Dad: You went to a Muse concert??? :eek:

Me: :facepalm: Dad, that concert I went to in April, remember? I told you it was Muse.

Dad: ...really?

Me: YES.

Dad: ...I would have gone. If I'd known, I would have gone with you.

Mom: She invited you. You said no. Then she invited me, and I said no, so she went with her friend.

Dad: :indiff: *grumbling*

So I told him we could go to the San Diego concert together. He's actually considering it, which is funny because my father hates concerts, and it's a 5-6 hour drive to San Diego (whereas the Phoenix gig was about 20 minutes away).

:LOL:

Your dad hates concerts? :eek:

My dad loves concerts! He took me to a Foo Fighters concert and a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert both before I was 10 :dance:

That's cool that he's considering though!

ok, this is a conversation i had with my bro last night that really pissed me off

my bro: (he was talking to my mom) muse is some band that was created for stupid little teenage girls

me: :mad: r u kidding me? wtf is wrong with you!! its the total opposite!! musers hate stupid teenage girls who only like shit like twilight!! and they have fans who are like over 20!!!

:mad: him and my twin sister and well, pretty much everyone i know are always saying "muse sucks".

i am going to die if i dont find anyone who likes muse :(

ok, this is a conversation i had with my bro last night that really pissed me off

my bro: (he was talking to my mom) muse is some band that was created for stupid little teenage girls

me: :mad: r u kidding me? wtf is wrong with you!! its the total opposite!! musers hate stupid teenage girls who only like shit like twilight!! and they have fans who are like over 20!!!

:mad: him and my twin sister and well, pretty much everyone i know are always saying "muse sucks".

i am going to die if i dont find anyone who likes muse :(

I'm guessing your bro and sis are just trying to make you mad, as siblings often do. If you can't find other Musers, don't die ... just remember you've got endless company here on the forum.:)

My music teacher gave me full marks on my analysis of Hoodoo, after she listened to it she had it on repeat... awesome right? No.

The only other person who got full marks was some guy who did nickleback, she said Muse and Nickleback were both great song choices...

:facepalm:

This happened just the other day. Not even half as bad as most of the stories on here, but I still find it funny.

*My mother and I are sitting in the car and I decide to play 'The Resistance'. Now, I had just gotten my copy of NME 100 page Muse special, so I was reading it through. After Uprising finished it seemed to skip back to uprising again (ALL my muse CD's are 100% scratch free), but I let it go thinking the CD skipped once or something. After it skipped back a second time I was suspicious... So instead of reading my magazine I carefully watched the stereo, and as I had suspected my mother kept switching it back to 'Victorious' as she so happily calls it. Stating it was the ONLY good song by muse, I am now forcing her to listen to showbiz... Gucci Mane and Pretty boy sweat are her current choice of music... Even after I dragged her to the Muse concert in the Gwinnett Arena. How you can listen to such blasphemy after seeing a muse concert I may never know...

Is it wrong that I bought GH5 only because Matthew Bellamy is a playable character?

I'm guessing your bro and sis are just trying to make you mad, as siblings often do. If you can't find other Musers, don't die ... just remember you've got endless company here on the forum.:)

aww thanks, i'll try to survive in this world dominated by non-musers :p but we will soon take over :shifty: and we will be VICTORIOUS :musesign:

I met my friend's fiancée for the first time the other day, and from what I saw of her on Facebook I thought she was going to be lame. But then I met her and we talked and we all played some Rockband together, and I'm like this chick is rad, I'm glad my friend found a good fiancée.

Then we got to Hysteria on the setlist and I said MUUUUUUUUUUUUUSEEEEE!!! they are teh beestt!111!111 etc and she said I hate Muse, I just can't stand that voice, it's like he's whining all the time.. and goes on to sing some hysteria lyrics in a ridiculous voice.. :stunned:

Stupid ho. hate that girl.

just found this somewhere on the net describing The Resistance

Hopefully this cd is better than the rest.. all their other ones only have 1 or 2 good songs, then the rest are all happy/cheerful sap-fests which sound waaaaay too much like coldplay for my comfort.

Their *music* has alot of potiental, but they need to ditch the singer. His gasping in Uprising ruins the song lol.

ditch the singer.. yeah guys, you should ditch matt..

Hopefully this cd is better than the rest.. all their other ones only have 1 or 2 good songs, then the rest are all happy/cheerful sap-fests which sound waaaaay too much like coldplay for my comfort.

Their *music* has alot of potiental, but they need to ditch the singer. His gasping in Uprising ruins the song lol.

:facepalm::noey:

:wtf: Happy? Cheerful? COLDPLAY?? :wtf: :wtf: I like Coldplay a lot actually, but while all Muse songs are positive to me, I never got the whole happy cheerful sap-fests vibe. (Cheese-fests, though... :eyebrows:)

And if he's gasping in Uprising, wait 'till he hears Dead Star...anything before Resistance, really. :LOL:

:wtf: Happy? Cheerful? COLDPLAY?? :wtf: :wtf: I like Coldplay a lot actually, but while all Muse songs are positive to me, I never got the whole happy cheerful sap-fests vibe. (Cheese-fests, though... :eyebrows:)

And if he's gasping in Uprising, wait 'till he hears Dead Star...anything before Resistance, really. :LOL:

Especially Time Is Running Out (*GASP*) :stunned:

You would think my friends, or people that know me, would understand who Dom is, after all, I talk about Muse frequently. However, I made a joke on facebook and people thought it was legit, so I played along for the lulz :chuckle: So silly...

formalnono.jpg

:noey::LOL:

Yeah, I love Coldplay, and could come up with some commonalities between the bands if I had to, but they really, really don't sound like each other. And cheerful? Ummm. I can't even really think of a cheerful Muse song. They all make me happy, but that's in part because they -- like me -- are not immensely cheery.:LOL:

And if people think Matt gasps a lot, they ought to listen to me sing along ... I often forget to breath and leave it to my reflexes to do it. *gasssspppp*

You would think my friends, or people that know me, would understand who Dom is, after all, I talk about Muse frequently. However, I made a joke on facebook and people thought it was legit, so I played along for the lulz :chuckle: So silly...

formalnono.jpg

:noey::LOL:

I've been reading that on facebook. :LOL: Haven't laughed so much in awhile!

Yeah, I love Coldplay, and could come up with some commonalities between the bands if I had to, but they really, really don't sound like each other. And cheerful? Ummm. I can't even really think of a cheerful Muse song. They all make me happy, but that's in part because they -- like me -- are not immensely cheery.:LOL:

And if people think Matt gasps a lot, they ought to listen to me sing along ... I often forget to breath and leave it to my reflexes to do it. *gasssspppp*

haha, I've actually sat down and tried to think of a genuinely happy-go-lucky cheery Muse song several times, both alone and with others... and came up with nothing. :LOL:

Map of Your Head sounds cheery, but the lyrics definitely aren't. Sober is fun as hell but about alcoholism, which isn't. Invincible's very positive but its underlying theme isn't....and that's pretty much all I could come up with that isn't a cover for cheerful Muse songs. :LOL:

Archived