'Endlessly' - record of the week, Ken Bruce, Radio 2

brionyl

it's nice but not overwhelming :O i thought it would be more opera than that :( i imagined her singing like:

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOPELESSYYYY!!!! I'LL LOVE YOU EEEEEEEENDLESSYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

but then I get regular boring singing :( there's no special moment in the song. but it sounds nice though. i probably expected too much

would be a lot more fun if she had gone in the other direction and adapted the song to her operastyle, instead of adapting her singing to the original version of the song :)

but the music ruins it for me, and makes it sound a lot cheaper then it could have been with a different production. like a lot of 'we're really classical, but look!! we're crossing over!' productions tend to be,sadly.

and yeah...... shes an alto. she's supposed to sound that dark when she pretty much singing in the same tone as she would speak, maybe even going slightly lower to almost match Matt's tenor.

but sounding like cher??? i know cher is an alto too, but i dont hear it.

more like a really uninspired annie lennox on a really bad day.

renee sounded much better on the Lotr soundtracks from what i can remember...

Coming from someone who also absolutely loves the original Endlessly, I like her cover - I haven't heard anything else of her's, so it was interesting to see what she did with it.

I certainly prefer Muse's version of it better, and I doubt I'll listen to this again, but for a cover, it's definitely not bad.

would be a lot more fun if she had gone in the other direction and adapted the song to her operastyle, instead of adapting her singing to the original version of the song :)

and yeah...... shes an alto. she's supposed to sound that dark when she pretty much singing in the same tone as she would speak, maybe even going slightly lower to almost match Matt's tenor.

renee sounded much better on the Lotr soundtracks from what i can remember...

Never heard of her before, but Wikipedia says she's an opera singer and her cover doesn't sound operatic at all! I was expexting she would sing the chorus with high falseto. Especially since wikipedia says she's a soprano?

So yeah, not impressed.... :stunned:

Never heard of her before, but Wikipedia says she's an opera singer and her cover doesn't sound operatic at all! I was expexting she would sing the chorus with high falseto. Especially since wikipedia says she's a soprano?

So yeah, not impressed.... :stunned:

based on how her voice sounded on endlessly aswell as some of her more operatic pieces in some soundtracks, id say alto,even with my limited songtraining.

also, in some interview that were linked to one of the threads about her doing the cover, it said she was an alto, so im going to go with that, and not something wikipedia says :)

concidering her training though, she might actually have an insane range, and just be going that deep because she for some reason wanted to reach the same pitch that Matt uses in that song :) would be really hard to do, though..... and she wouldnt sound as bored.

She has a great voice, but while it's one of the better Muse covers I've heard, it's just…bland. Listening to the original right after the cover I can definitely say that Muse's version fills me with emotions Renee's cover doesn't even begin to approach. That said, she sounds ridiculously similar to Matt, in pretty much every way except pronunciation. It's kinda creepy. :LOL:

concidering her training though, she might actually have an insane range, and just be going that deep because she for some reason wanted to reach the same pitch that Matt uses in that song :) would be really hard to do, though..... and she wouldnt sound as bored.

Is Endlessly that deep? It fits very comfortably in my range, and I'm a girl with no vocal training. :confused: I'm sure she would be able to sing it without any problems.

Is Endlessly that deep? It fits very comfortably in my range, and I'm a girl with no vocal training. :confused: I'm sure she would be able to sing it without any problems.

i dont concider endlessly deep - i find it very comfortable to sing myself,and the only 'training' ive had is some minimal choir stuff (and a lot of singing along to the stereo;) ) :) but i was talking about if she is supposed to be a soprano,like someone else said. i would guess it would be harder for her to pretty much sing as 'low' as a tenor if she were, with the difference in octaves and all :) but then again her trained voice might be able to bridge that gap.

i dont concider endlessly deep - i find it very comfortable to sing myself,and the only 'training' ive had is some minimal choir stuff (and a lot of singing along to the stereo;) ) :) but i was talking about if she is supposed to be a soprano,like someone else said. i would guess it would be harder for her to pretty much sing as 'low' as a tenor if she were, with the difference in octaves and all :) but then again her trained voice might be able to bridge that gap.

I think it's an even bigger failure IF she were a soprano and she tried to impress by singing in alto/tenor vocal range. If you're a soprano, people will be much more impressed to hear you sing the highest note you can reach. (not that i understand much about music and all :p)

So yeah, i'll take the conclusion that she's an alto :D

What i'm trying to say is she tried too hard to sound like Matt when she can actually sound better if she made the song her own (sing in her vocal range with her vocal style etc).

• 1 month later...

Archived