Maybe they were talking about the band King Missile for some strange reason. That doesn't answer the question so much as raise a new one' date=' though.[/quote']

Yeah I said a few pages back that I thought they were referring to the song by them. Like, "have you ever had an experience like the one in the song "Detachable Penis" by King Missile?" :LOL:

Just got done with the gig/interview. I'm on my phone so I prob won't be able to reply to everyone's comments til tomorrow or Friday.

The interview was awesome. We were

only allowed to ask 3 of the 7 questions, and myspace guys/band mgmt chose them. I was able to ask a few conversational questions. I honestly don't remember much, it's still quite a blur. We each went in for about 10 min. My convo went from film soundtracks to zombies to detachable penises to Matt doing some weird ass impression of Japanese fans. Also I got a much more detailed explanation of the point and laugh in Boston.

The interview won't be online for about 2 weeks. Apparantly myspace wants a quick turnaround on this. But it was fucking awesome!!!!

wow... sounds like a great time! Can't wait to see the interview :D

Maybe they were talking about the band King Missile for some strange reason. That doesn't answer the question so much as raise a new one' date=' though.[/quote']

They brought up the detachable penis thing haha I won't go into too much detail though. Gotta leave something for when they put up the vid right?

They brought up the detachable penis thing haha I won't go into too much detail though. Gotta leave something for when they put up the vid right?

Maybe it was in the spirit of the Cartesian-philosophy spoof from Terry Gilliam's The Adventures of Baron Von Munchausen -- the part with the Moon King and Queen and their detachable heads. The Moon King (Robin Williams) could be relatively calm, cool, collected and intellectual as long as his head was detached from his body, but his body kept trying to bang the Queen and reunite with its own head, too... and whenever it succeeded in reattaching cranium to body (using a butterfly net, if necessary), the King's reason was overwhelmed by his primal urges.

Or maybe not. :LOL:

They better not cut anything out, grrr. :mad: So, besides the interview, what did you get to do? How was the show, et al?

Detachable penis talk theory: When Matt A asked my question about Matt B's closet full of sparkly pink guitars, this happened: 1) Matt said the guitars were kind of the like detachable penises (which totally makes sense considering he practically fucks his guitars on stage, and then there's the whole oral sex bit in Osaka... :eyebrows: or 2) Something about the neck snapping off recently being kind of like a detachable penis? I see 1 as more likely though. So Matt A, am I right? Am I right? :awesome:

What questions were asked? I remember someone saying there was a limit and MySpace chose them, but which ones were asked?

Can't wait to see the interview vid....they gotta post it already! :)

I kinda can guess which ones Matt A ended up with due to what he said... like, about soundtracks, apparently he squeezed in my joke question about Matt having a closet full of glittery guitars, about the point and laugh in Boston, and the what they would do in a zombie invasion. Don't know the others though. They won't disclose. :D

After reading the last couple of pages in this thread I can't wait until Myspace uploads the interview. :LOL:

I'm quite interested to see Matt talk about detachable penises. :p

same here.... let's hope this interview situation goes better than the SXSW video thing, though! :p

Archived