Anyone familiar with the diezel herbert?

I had the VH4 and really didn't think it was worth keeping as I only really used channel 3.

Basically looking for something with good cleans, medium gain, and higher gain

really don't need 180 watts though...

I was thinking of getting a marshall JVM of some sort, but the cleans were pretty disappointing on the one I tried

Anyone familiar with the diezel herbert?

I had the VH4 and really didn't think it was worth keeping as I only really used channel 3.

Basically looking for something with good cleans, medium gain, and higher gain

really don't need 180 watts though...

I was thinking of getting a marshall JVM of some sort, but the cleans were pretty disappointing on the one I tried

How about the new diezel dmoll? Apparantly it's an amazing amp :awesome:

• 2 weeks later...

Just managed to pick up a Line 6 HD300 multi-fx pedal which I can also use as a USB interface for recording. Great condition, no missing knobs, just a few blemishes here and there and the logo is a bit scratched but I mean these things are built to be tossed around on a stage so I'm not too worried.

Can't wait until it arrives, anyone currently using the HD300?

Also, what is the general consensus on Orange amps in general? Thinking about picking up a cheap 1x8 combo

Also, what is the general consensus on Orange amps in general?

I go all fuzzy just thinking about them. :happy:

Different models can be quite different in character. The AD30 is somewhat like an AC30 with some balls to it, whereas the OR120 is a raw fuzzed out monster and the Rockerverbs sound like every Marshall cliché.

I go all fuzzy just thinking about them. :happy:

Different models can be quite different in character. The AD30 is somewhat like an AC30 with some balls to it, whereas the OR120 is a raw fuzzed out monster and the Rockerverbs sound like every Marshall cliché.

Is that a good or bad thing?

I like the rocker 30 a lot, but the rockerverb 50 I tried a few years back sounded a little too modern. Wouldn't mind trying the new version though.

generally you'd expect this from an Orange

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDuJVSdWy_g

Is that a good or bad thing?

Good.

I think reading how people made JCMs to sound, then hearing them was always a let down and I felt the Rockers sounded more how I imagined that sound to be. They are "modern" sounding, but that was the entire point after all.

I will never forget the first time I used a Big Muff with an OR120. :happy:

Sweet, thanks guys, wanted some justification for spending $150 while I couldn't afford it but it was quite the steal at that price.

Right now I'm trying to choose between a used 1x8 Vox Valvetronix or a new 1x8 Orange Pix amp. Both 20w. Same price, what would you guys do in combination with the HD300?

I've been looking at a power supply for a while (getting sick of batteries dying on me :mad:) and after a bit of looking I've found this one.

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/GBP/Fame-DCT-200-Multi-Power-Supply-/art-GIT0019066-000

I've seen mostly great reviews online but I was wondering what ye thought.

Should I go for it?

Bit late.. i bought one due to the price ! i read its essentially a voodoo labs clone and i can't fault it so far.

noiseless and has worked fine everytime !

only cons.. its large and the tribal logo is totally naff

Bit late.. i bought one due to the price ! i read its essentially a voodoo labs clone and i can't fault it so far.

noiseless and has worked fine everytime !

only cons.. its large and the tribal logo is totally naff

Great to hear! :D I'll be putting it underneath my pedalboard once I get it so I don't care about the decal. :happy:

Sweet, thanks guys, wanted some justification for spending $150 while I couldn't afford it but it was quite the steal at that price.

Right now I'm trying to choose between a used 1x8 Vox Valvetronix or a new 1x8 Orange Pix amp. Both 20w. Same price, what would you guys do in combination with the HD300?

Im using a pod hd 400 with a vox ac30. Works great.

I feel very stupid asking this but what cable should I use to link my laptop to my Whammy 4? All the USB to MIDI cables I can find are the wrong size.

Should just be a standard 5 pin MIDI socket. In what way is it the wrong size? Too big or small? Too many pins or too few? Wrong shape?

Archived