Sweep picking, picking notes in the chord individually...

That's not what I'm looking for. When you pick a note or chord and it starts to do arpeggio of the picked sound (almost like in a delay/echo way) with a little synthy sound.

Is there a pedal which makes arpeggio sound when you pick a single note on the guitar?

http://mtlasm.blogspot.hu/p/nasa-attribute.html

or

interface-->daw-->midi guitar vst(with midi output only)-->any arpeggiator plugin (reaper have a good one built in)-->vsti of your choice

or if you want to retain your then automate a pitch shifter, or even a whammy via midi

I want a recommendation - I love the tone in the end riff in Knights Of Cydonia and I want to get a pedal that sounds close to it. It sounds like it might just be a straight driven Marshall I guess... I was thinking a Fulltone OCD? Maybe even just a DS-1 or Blues Driver or something?

The original Marshall Guv'nor.

I just found something interesting. That sounds indeed what I'm looking for. But it's self-made though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMf5UHF20TY

http://mtlasm.blogspot.hu/p/nasa-attribute.html

or

interface-->daw-->midi guitar vst(with midi output only)-->any arpeggiator plugin (reaper have a good one built in)-->vsti of your choice

or if you want to retain your then automate a pitch shifter, or even a whammy via midi

hm...Interesting.

so there are no good cheap monitors?

Depends. If you want to look into intentionally bad speakers, NS10-esque type stuff, then yeah, there probably some options out there.

Otherwise, not really. Rokit 8's for example are very bass heavy and not right for mixing with at all and come across more as hi-fi speakers.

Buying monitors is a complex thing. What do you need them for, what do you find a problem with your existing setup?

Depends. If you want to look into intentionally bad speakers, NS10-esque type stuff, then yeah, there probably some options out there.

Otherwise, not really. Rokit 8's for example are very bass heavy and not right for mixing with at all and come across more as hi-fi speakers.

Buying monitors is a complex thing. What do you need them for, what do you find a problem with your existing setup?

At the moment I have these

38248d1095543290-fs-dell-a425-2-1-pc-speakers-a425_big.jpg

and would be nice to have some monitors for general stuff and for recording/mixing

At the moment I have these

38248d1095543290-fs-dell-a425-2-1-pc-speakers-a425_big.jpg

and would be nice to have some monitors for general stuff and for recording/mixing

When listening to your mixes on various systems, what are you finding your mixes are lacking?

Edit - There is nothing wrong with wanting to upgrade your setup, but understand what is truly wrong with your's currently before deciding on what to get as you can make the best informed decision or get the best informed advice from people. Or may be the case in some situation you don't need to at all.

Not that I'd be able to afford it anytime soon, but monitors. Are the KRK Rokits the best option for their price range? If not then what is the best?

I'm going to back up haze 100% here but I might add a little more.

From my experience and opinion, the KRK's sounded too hyped in the low end in every room that I listened to them in which made things sound muddy, especially in the low-mid area. Low end coming out of the little monitors is kind of impressive but it seemed like it was going to be harder to interpret in mixing. I also didn't feel that they gave me a good enough stereo image.

I went with getting a little bit more coin first and getting some Tannoy Reveal 501A's. My reasoning was that with my original mixes on my Logitech speakers, I was letting the high end become too loud for clarity sake (most noticeable in my car) while the low mids to lows were being neglected to compensate for the overly powerful bass speaker in my computer system (which became most apparent on my headphones/friends speakers).

A good set of monitors go a long way. I wish I had more to spend on them because the better pairs were REALLY good but for the money I had as well as the basic bedroom setup I've gone for, I couldn't justify any more, but I'm content. :happy:

Also remember that you need some device to drive them. Chances are since you probably have a recording interface it won't be a problem. The difference between my MOTU and the Behringer desk we used to use is night and day as far as sound quality out of goes. :)

I'm going to back up haze 100% here but I might add a little more.

From my experience and opinion, the KRK's sounded too hyped in the low end in every room that I listened to them in which made things sound muddy, especially in the low-mid area. Low end coming out of the little monitors is kind of impressive but it seemed like it was going to be harder to interpret in mixing. I also didn't feel that they gave me a good enough stereo image.

I went with getting a little bit more coin first and getting some Tannoy Reveal 501A's. My reasoning was that with my original mixes on my Logitech speakers, I was letting the high end become too loud for clarity sake (most noticeable in my car) while the low mids to lows were being neglected to compensate for the overly powerful bass speaker in my computer system (which became most apparent on my headphones/friends speakers).

A good set of monitors go a long way. I wish I had more to spend on them because the better pairs were REALLY good but for the money I had as well as the basic bedroom setup I've gone for, I couldn't justify any more, but I'm content. :happy:

Also remember that you need some device to drive them. Chances are since you probably have a recording interface it won't be a problem. The difference between my MOTU and the Behringer desk we used to use is night and day as far as sound quality out of goes. :)

Got a focusrite saffire pro interface. I don't really need monitors at the moment, would just be cool

There are the Yamaha HS80M's which are worth looking at. Basically less shit NS10's with some actual low end to them, still lacking in the extreme high end (12-15kHz). Not for me personally as I fucking hate NS10's. :LOL:

It is difficult to recommend monitors, probably the most difficult area to recommend stuff actually. To be honest, I only went with the VXT6's because I got a great deal on them, was actually planning on getting a pair of Genelec 8040's as I got to use them a fair bit in the past. More than happy with what I've got at like half what I was looking at spending. :happy:

The only major benefit/drawback of paying more (To a point) is if it sounds bad, you can't blame the speakers. :LOL:

Hey guys,thought you could help me out with my problem.

Moving to uni and I'm in need of an amp that wont make my neighbours go crazy.

Thought i could use your advice.I dont wanna spend more than 200-300 pounds on the amp.

I play a lot of Muse,Metallica,some blues (Gary Moore).Mainly rock anyway.

Cheers!

Archived