You might be able to bypass the pre-amp in your cube if you open it.

Why not try a used PA or one of these old keyboard amps you get in the paper?

We bought quite a loud PA for the band off Ebay for £80

im shite with (and scared of) electronic/electric (whatever) stuff.. so the opening-up-of-the-cube isnt really an option for me.

i am planning on buying a used PA (with the other people in my band) at some stage for live use, but im that dickhead there is in every band who just wants to make noise and feedback :p and that seems to work better for me with guitar amps, but i might check out that option when/if i get the chance.

eBay and the trading post seem to be the best options at the moment...

thanks for all your advice! ill have a look at the options youve told me about :)

coffee

I use planet waves cables... they're kinda expensive but they have a lifetime warranty so if one breaks you just take it back to the shop and they should give you a new one

I'll check those out

I'm currently looking for an 'amp shelf', or whatever they're called...anyone know where I can get one? I know montgomery has the type of thing I'm looking for..did you have it custom made or was it something from your garage?

:confused:

Guitars: Jackson, Fender, PRS & Ibanez for guitarage.

Bass: Spectre, Modulous[sp?] & Warwick for basses.

Amps for elec: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier [With you own custom tubes], Diezel, Peavey XXX, Engl Powerball.

Bass Amps: Ampeg

Effects: Line 6 Pod XT, or Pod xt Live.

Whack a nice EQ in aswell & a rack mounted tuner..

Monster cables or some wireless system is good enough. Venom [i think they're called that] cables are good.

I'll check those out

I'm currently looking for an 'amp shelf', or whatever they're called...anyone know where I can get one? I know montgomery has the type of thing I'm looking for..did you have it custom made or was it something from your garage?

:confused:

i bought it at lowes for $20.

Amps for elec: Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier [With you own custom tubes], Diezel, Peavey XXX, Engl Powerball.

you sound like a metalhead. and for effects i would never recommend anything from line 6.

Guest bshuker

Monster cables or some wireless system is good enough. Venom [i think they're called that] cables are good.

this would be a pretty good setup if it was the mesa road king with the inclusion of a tubescreamer, and a tc electronics gmajor instead of the pod for fx

let me display my recommend high end setup

Guitars: Gibson, Fender, PRS, Gretsch

Acoustic: Taylors with fishman pickups, Martin, Gibson

Bass: Fender, Ernie Ball Music man

Amps for elec: Hughes and Kettner custom class, Bogner, Soldano, Orange,

for low gain: vox, fender

Bass Amps: Ampeg, Mesa, Fender

Effects: T.C. electronics G System, or an array of pedals.

E.Q.s only hurt your tone when your gear is nice enough

Monster cables=overratted, dont waste your money on it.

Wireless systems are only good if they cost more than a grand.

my hierarchy of tube amp brands:

EL34:

Marshall < Framus < Rivera < Orange < Hughes and Kettner (custom class) < Bogner

6L6:

Peavey < Mesa < Engl < Soldano

I just want to recommend the Ibanez Soundtank series of pedals. People think they're cheap shit so they sell cheap all the time, and in my view, are bargains! Don't bid on ebay if i'm the high bidder though. That would be mean. Don't bite the hand that feeds you!!!

PRS guitars are way overrated in my opinion, at least the ones in the local shop with stock pickups anyway.

Most guitar cables seem to be shit. I have tried every brand I can find. Planet Waves are the only ones I buy.

Also, I know that people love an expensive american guitar, and a vintage tube amp with a TS9 to drive it etc, but don't you think it's a bit stale now? I know these set-ups sound good, but, I get an amazing sound out of my rig, and it's not expensive or vintage or "standard" shit.

Also, I know that people love an expensive american guitar, and a vintage tube amp with a TS9 to drive it etc, but don't you think it's a bit stale now? I know these set-ups sound good, but, I get an amazing sound out of my rig, and it's not expensive or vintage or "standard" shit.

just one amazing sound? i'm sure you get hundreds! :D

people get caught up in the whole "finding their sound" thing, which is something you don't really see with other instruments. and just because something is 'vintage' or expensive, doesn't meant it's any good, or that because it has valves in it that it's any good either *cough* fender pro reverb, hot rods, marshall tsl combos *cough*

just one amazing sound? i'm sure you get hundreds! :D

True :-p

To an "audiophile" or any snobby guitarist with their strat and vintage marshall, my rig LOOKS shit. Loads of people come up and ask me how I get such a good sound, and why isn't there awful noise the whole time from so many pedals. I point out I have a gate, and they're even more horrified!

Down with gear snobbery!

True :-p

To an "audiophile" or any snobby guitarist with their strat and vintage marshall, my rig LOOKS shit. Loads of people come up and ask me how I get such a good sound, and why isn't there awful noise the whole time from so many pedals. I point out I have a gate, and they're even more horrified!

Down with gear snobbery!

snobbery? gear ignorance is a better term.

i don't even have a noise gate....truly hardcore :p

that's possibly the most pretentious thing I've ever read on these forums - and knowing what some people on here are like, that's quite an achievement

i guess, but honeslty i wouldnt trust a wireless system under a grand with my gear, wireless already offers tone that is subpar to cables.

ive seen bands play with cheap wireless systems and they spend more time cutting out than playing music.

i find wireless useless unless you are in a signed band and are playing shows bigger than 200 people

i guess, but honeslty i wouldnt trust a wireless system under a grand with my gear, wireless already offers tone that is subpar to cables.

ive seen bands play with cheap wireless systems and they spend more time cutting out than playing music.

i find wireless useless unless you are in a signed band and are playing shows bigger than 200 people

I paid £100 for mine and it's never cut out, there isn't a massive difference in sound quality (certainly not to an untrained ear) and I have a tendency to jump off the stage and go for a walk. fair enough if you just get on stage, play your songs without moving around and then go home, but me and the rest of my band prefer to put on a show as well

I paid £100 for mine and it's never cut out, there isn't a massive difference in sound quality (certainly not to an untrained ear) and I have a tendency to jump off the stage and go for a walk. fair enough if you just get on stage, play your songs without moving around and then go home, but me and the rest of my band prefer to put on a show as well

you dont have to go off stage to put on a show, just start pitting with your instrument.

Archived