I thought it was Peace and joy...

What the hell is H 8, the first two words in Space dementia. Booklet says height, but that just looks crap.

I used to think it was hate. But now I think it is height. As in being high.

Gives me all I need. And helps me coexist with the chill. Yep sounds like drugs although maybe its used metaphorically.

And yeah like someone said, I too thought it was since ovulation...until I read the booklet. Hey have you noticed that on their website it says for microcuts "a blane cuts in your brain" but the booklet days "blade" which makes more sense.

I used to think it was hate. But now I think it is height. As in being high.

Gives me all I need. And helps me coexist with the chill. Yep sounds like drugs although maybe its used metaphorically.

And yeah like someone said, I too thought it was since ovulation...until I read the booklet. Hey have you noticed that on their website it says for microcuts "a blane cuts in your brain" but the booklet days "blade" which makes more sense.

Why can't they be on the same page with their lyrics? The website, the booklet, Matt, all different. :rolleyes:

To me, H-8 makes more sense. But no one knows.

Musewiki: H8/H-eight/Height/Hate

H8 or height may refer to height as in 'getting high.'

An alternative possibility is that, as previously mentioned, Space Dementia is associated with feelings of insignificance, insecurity, and isolation. Height may refer to a metaphorical height. "Height is the one for me" may be interpreted as a desire for distance and/or significance.

Yet another interpretation exists in that height is "hate." Hatred is what the speaker needs; the bitterness helps him to co-exist with his loneliness and isolation - the 'chill' - so much so that the hate becomes a necessity.

However a comment from Matt (maybe in jest) detailed another meaning for that first word: "Using a microcomputer (Hitachi H8 / 3048F) which can be built into the industrial machines, you can learn and understand the inputs /outputs of the microcomputer as a basis of robot control and conduct the experiments by C-language for steppingmotor control, servomotor control (PWM control) and serial communication. H8 model, a 16-bit microcomputer consists of 32-bit registers, has a flash ROM of 128KB, a RAM of 4KB (SRAM) with external extension of 128KB and 78 I/O terminals with the built-in A/D and D/Aconverters. H8 is a microcomputer usually built into a TV, VTR, mobile-phone and car navigator. Since it has ample I/O terminals, H8 microcomputer is also used as a brain of a small robo". The information in this is true so maybe he wasn't joking ...

Another explanation to H8 is that it's some part of the brain

guys the booklet says "since ovulation" :stunned:

and I think Height could be a different way of writing H-8..not Height as being high...I mean...doesn't make sense pronouncing it as being high,but if you say H(and pronounce the letter)eight(8) it's ok....

ehm...sorry guys I make a lot of confusion when I speak,also in my language...imagine in English...:LOL:

however it's peace and joy:)

:yesey:

Took me ages to realise it was infact Sense of Elation not Since Ovulation

hehe same:LOL:

There's also the "butt-squeeze" in New Born and I knew Space Dementia as : "A chain is the one for me, it gives me all I need, and helps me co-exist without you"

... so many misheard lyrics :noey: Lol its so fun to hear everyone's misinterpretations though...

It's definitely "peace and joy", on the album, at least. perhaps not live though.

Consider me your source when you need to know the right lyrics :yesey: (I have a knack :D)

oh and btw, Matt does say "blane" in Micro Cuts.

Matt makes no sense sometimes, I mean, blane isn't even a real word :rolleyes::LOL:

• 8 months later...

Archived