nope sorry it has to be lucky by radiohead, no quesiton damm its depressing but its just soo gorgeous, the lyrics the 11/4 chorus time, the simple yet divine 'solo' and the high pitched effect, and overall its simplicity, its just plain fuckin brilliant!;)

nope sorry it has to be lucky by radiohead, no quesiton damm its depressing but its just soo gorgeous, the lyrics the 11/4 chorus time, the simple yet divine 'solo' and the high pitched effect, and overall its simplicity, its just plain fuckin brilliant!;)

Sorry no,The National Anthem or Paranoid Android are better.

depends on opinion really doesn't it. and what national anthem. i think the british one is a bit of a durge - sounds like it shud be played at a funeral

paranoid android- i was always a muse fan and ppl said well u shud really like radiohead aswell. for some reason i can't stand radiohead at all apart from no surprises which i love. i suppose im a walking proof that muse cant be an exact copy of radiohead

i dont think bliss is the best song but it is really amazing and its supposed to be uplifting and it makes me smile to hear it but thers summit about the change between the piano and the explosion of the guitar on newborn or megalomania, me bein atheist myself think it was clever of matt bellamy to record it on the organ in westminster abbey. and what about plug in baby??! one of their most famous songs ever... iv spoken too long

Radioheads song "The National Anthem"

It has a trumpet orgy.

It's the way that he exclaims "You want to SLEEP with common people.. like ME" in such a shocked way, that just makes his version brilliant.

The best thing was I heard that in the rock club in Sheffield a few years back, it was the last song of the night. I was like "WOW" because I'd only heard it on XFM before that :D

I think one of things that makes it so great is that it IS sad, lyrically, but the music leaves you feeling strangely uplifted. Same kind of appeal (but different sound) as the Smiths and a lot of other great songs. You're being taken in two directions at once, or maybe just one or the other at two different times depending on your mood.

Yes I kinda agree to the comments earlier. it's a weird feeling you get, a vibe. First time I saw it live on the glasto dvd I think the feeling I had was euphoria. or very close to that weird happy feeling. I've never seen Muse live, like at a gig, so I guess that would be even better. :D maybe someday! anyways I think the phrase "everything about you is so easy to love" is one of the best parts of the song!!! :)

• 4 months later...

well its only really piano right at the start then it morphs into a synth which it pretty much stays like for the whole song apart from at the outro again. the piano has a delay effect on it and has probably been EQ'd quite a bit. with a bit of messing about on a workstation/synth its not too difficult to get a sound which is pretty similar to it

Archived