Wow, lot of Franz Ferdinand fans on this board. I've seen them a few times, back when they were on tour with Death Cab for Cutie and at ACL (like 2005 :p). Knew them before I knew Muse. Buut, srsly, they weren't THAT good then. Have they gotten a lot better? :happy:

Yeah. I saw the Franz/Death Cab tour too and I honestly wasn't all that impressed at the time. They've gotten leaps and bounds better as a live band. It's not even comparable. I saw them live four times last year and afdlkfad;lfkadf;aldsf. Etc.

When did he say that? I can imagine them touring to play some new stuff though. They are the type of band that still does that which I love :happy:.

[/Quote]

I'm pretty sure it was a twitter response to someone.

Found it: "@soretmuse We do love to play Canada, but we won't be back until we've finished another record. I could move to Vancouver. It's a great town"

9:33 PM Feb 17th via web in reply to soretmuse

Yeah. They could road test new material like they did for Tonight.

... Though maybe not in front of a Muse crowd, lol.

I'm pretty sure it was a twitter response to someone.

Found it: "@soretmuse We do love to play Canada, but we won't be back until we've finished another record. I could move to Vancouver. It's a great town"

9:33 PM Feb 17th via web in reply to soretmuse

Yeah. They could road test new material like they did for Tonight.

... Though maybe not in front of a Muse crowd, lol.

:awesome: Ya that was too me.

It was a very good question :D

(I assume... I couldn't actually see the question.)

I sent him this :

@alkapranos Alex, any chance Franz is coming to play any Canadian Festivals? All bands love to play in Canada because we know how to party!

after he replied I asked him if he liked Vancouver because of the weed. :chuckle:

However he never replied.

Ew, what? Vampire Weekend? :vomit:

Hoooooooow. How can you like Vampire Weekend over Franz. They sound so juvenile live, their music should be on a Disney soundtrack or something.

The Mars Volta I approve of though, definitely.

Lol. Just a matter of having different tastes I suppose.

am i the only one who would rather have no openers at all?

But with an opener you get two bands for the price of one :D. And it also builds up the tension.

I like Vamp, Franz, AND Your avatar!

I love Arrested Development.

If Muse is willing to play like a 3 hour set, then screw the openers. Bring it on, baby!

YES! They could pull it off. Like take a break in between or something. But then again that might be too much to do every night and wear them out.. :[

YES! They could pull it off. Like take a break in between or something. But then again that might be too much to do every night and wear them out.. :[

How about just a one-time event? Like Wembley or something? I'd totally fly ANYWHERE if I knew I was getting the Best Setlist of All Time. :D

you think they might have a Canadian date in there somewhere?

i know it says "US fall tour dates, but they are gonna be in (say Detroit or Buffalo) then they might as well come north of the border...

I'm like 101% sure they won't be coming back to Detroit in October.. and the fall leg of the tour will probably be a very brief run across the country in places they weren't able to make it to before. Winnipeg, London, Ottawa, and Quebec City are about the only remaining Canadian cities I could see them playing in but all four sound like real long shots.

here's the ultimate concert:

One night Muse plays Showbiz, the next night, OofS, the next, Absolution, then BHaR than The Resistance...throw some hullaballoo in there for good measure, hell yeah!

okay, so it's not a concert, more of a week-long thing, but I would SO go! :D

here's the ultimate concert:

One night Muse plays Showbiz, the next night, OofS, the next, Absolution, then BHaR than The Resistance...throw some hullaballoo in there for good measure, hell yeah!

okay, so it's not a concert, more of a week-long thing, but I would SO go! :D

Maybe for an ultimate:

Night 1:

1st Set - Showbiz

2nd Set - Origin of Symmetry

Encore - Rare classic song + closer (i.e. Dead Star + Stockholm Syndrome)

24 songs

Night 2:

1st Set - Absolution

2nd Set - Black Holes and Revelations

Encore - Rare classic song + closer (i.e. In Your World + Bliss)

25 songs (27 if you count Intro and Interlude)

Night 3:

1st Set - The Resistance

2nd Set - Hullabaloo

Encore - Rare classic song + closer (i.e. Showbiz + Knights of Cydonia)

23 songs (19 if you count Exogenesis as one song, or 25 if you add Dead Star and In Your World with Hullabaloo)

How about that?

Maybe for an ultimate:

Night 1:

1st Set - Showbiz

24 songs

Night 2:

1st Set - Absolution

25 songs (14 if you count Intro and Interlude)

Night 3:

1st Set - The Resistance

2nd Set - Hullabaloo

23 songs (19 if you count Exogenesis as one song, or 25 if you add Dead Star and In Your World with Hullabaloo)

How about that?

I would happily go broke attending all 3 nights. That would be immensely epic. I would die of childish thrill.

I'm like 101% sure they won't be coming back to Detroit in October.. and the fall leg of the tour will probably be a very brief run across the country in places they weren't able to make it to before. Winnipeg, London, Ottawa, and Quebec City are about the only remaining Canadian cities I could see them playing in but all four sound like real long shots.

I totally disagree with you; they would never play these small cities now that they have been playing in bigger venues. None of these cities have appropriate venues nor the population. It's going to be Toronto and that's it.

Maybe for an ultimate:

Night 1:

1st Set - Showbiz

24 songs

Night 2:

1st Set - Absolution

25 songs (27 if you count Intro and Interlude)

Night 3:

1st Set - The Resistance

2nd Set - Hullabaloo

How about that?

PERFECTION! :yesey:

I totally disagree with you; they would never play these small cities now that they have been playing in bigger venues. None of these cities have appropriate venues nor the population. It's going to be Toronto and that's it.

Or Montreal. But I think they could also play a smaller gig in Québec city just for fun. There are a lot of fans in this region, and I have no doubt that people from Montreal and the Atlantic provinces would want to make the trip. They could even do an outdoor show if it's in September/October. Chances are very slim, but I like to think Muse would want to do something like that.

Doesn't Ottawa have the Corel Centre? U2 played there back in 2005 and I believe it sold out. Why couldn't Muse play there?

Yes, I am sad and can remember U2 tour dates and venues from 5 years ago. :nerd::LOL:

Doesn't Ottawa have the Corel Centre? U2 played there back in 2005 and I believe it sold out. Why couldn't Muse play there?

Yes, I am sad and can remember U2 tour dates and venues from 5 years ago. :nerd::LOL:

lol Yeah! They could totally play Ottawa then!

Or Montreal. But I think they could also play a smaller gig in Québec city just for fun. There are a lot of fans in this region, and I have no doubt that people from Montreal and the Atlantic provinces would want to make the trip. They could even do an outdoor show if it's in September/October. Chances are very slim, but I like to think Muse would want to do something like that.

Yes! The atlantic provinces would definatly go. I drove 10 hours to montreal on the 10th, I'd be even more inclined to drive 7!

Winnipeg has a 15,000 capacity arena (mts), London has a 10,000 one (john labatt). Those are both well within the parameters of the current tour. And even though London is fairly small, if it was the only show in Ontario/east great lakes region, I guarantee you people from Toronto, Detroit, and Buffalo would travel to it. I will give you Quebec City though, that probably isn't ever happening hah.

Archived