Alysum

with the probe, its the same as the fuzz factory except when you put your foot closer to the probe it increases the stab. you can have the stab set at 2:00, stomp on it, keep it at 2:00, then slowly move your foot closer to the probe part to increase it up to 5:00, move your foot away to return to 2:00. if you have the stabset at 5:00 the probe part does nothing at all, its set as high as it can.

hope that makes a little sense :D

i think paranoid is right you don't need to do all the feddbacky stuff midsong that much anyway. and the fuzz factory is smaller so it means you have a smaller pedal board.

It's nice to have the option to though, plus with the Fuzz Probe, you don't have to be feedbacking all the time, just like a Fuzz Factory, I just think a Fuzz Probe is better

Yep, it most certainly is, FFs are for Matt wannabe's, Fuzz Probe's are for true maniacs

Actually, I bought mine because many people said it could get you a similar overdrive/fuzz tone to the one that Omar Rodriguez has. I love that sound (and all of my "custom" fuzzes), so the FF is perfect for me.

While we're on the subject of the probe, how to you turn it on with your foot without putting your foot in the way of the probey bit and making a sound with it? Do you have to stand sideways on to it or something? How practical!

Not necessarily, you can change how high the antenna reaches, so it can go from varying weight on the copper plate to I don't know, probably reaching into space judging by Zvex products.

It's easier to use than you think, try one and see

There is a difference between using gear that an artist uses because it`s quality stuff, and you like the sound/effect etc, and using gear JUST BECAUSE AN ARTIST USES IT. I have both a fuzz factory and a whammy, but I don`t use them blindly because Matt does. As a long time player, and famous artist I would presume he would choose quality gear, and that gear happens to be something that I would be interessted in. For example, the Fuzz Factory is a INCREDIBLY versatile distortion box, you can get hundreds of sounds out of it. I use it because it gives me that smooth, fuzzy, overdrive, and with the twist of a volume knob full on hyper-distortion. Who wouldnt want that, muse fan or not? I think it`s great that you can get into gear via your favorite artists, but if you just copy them because you want to be like them you shouldnt be playing guitar anyway.

hey, ive got nowhere near enough for a fuzz factory but how exactly does it work? its only got one switch and 5 knobs so can you only have one setting at a time and have to kneel down on stage to change it except from on/off?

hey, ive got nowhere near enough for a fuzz factory but how exactly does it work? its only got one switch and 5 knobs so can you only have one setting at a time and have to kneel down on stage to change it except from on/off?

It`s just a distortion pedal...you dont have presets you switch the distortion on or off, thats it.

It just has more knobs that most do. Volume, Noise Gate, Compression, Drive and stability...it`s really hard to tell you what they each do because there are many different combinations.

There are sound demos and a good video here Zvex.com

To get it to make some of the noises matt does mid song though, you`d have to fiddle with the knobs...that means either kneeling down...or having it built into your guitar which is what he did. (After having fuzz pedals gaffa`d to the body of his old ones)

i havnt looked at a pic of matts guitars to justify this but ive been thinking for a while does he have a switch to turn on the stab on?? *or wotever it is that makes oscillation* cause it gets annoying leaving it on throughout a whole song ?

i havnt looked at a pic of matts guitars to justify this but ive been thinking for a while does he have a switch to turn on the stab on?? *or wotever it is that makes oscillation* cause it gets annoying leaving it on throughout a whole song ?

If you look at the knobs on the back, you`ll see some little switches too.

Silve.jpg

I think one will be for the fuzz factory on/off one for the piezo pickups on/off...and one for phase 90 on/off, and an adjustment knob for each.

The three little knobs at the bottom are for tone and volume.

The switch on the horn is the on/off kill switch for the guitar, so he can toggle the signal on or off at will, or filck it up and down really fast for crazy cool sound. :)

To make the fuzz factory oscillation noise, he`d just turn it on with the switch and adjust the knob. Since most things make a fuzz factory oscillate, he doesnt need access to all 5 knobs.

The black and laser manson are the same, except the black one has a wah probe on the lower horn and a midi strip above the pickups.

The chrome manson doesnt have a fuzz factory I think. (might not have been enough space due to the tremolo cavity) but it also has the midi strip.

Archived