Surely there are more Probers on this board?

I'll join in the summer(after I beat down a sickness,don't ask, and have enough money)

+ I hope to find some talented players to form a band(no muse-like band, a velvet revolver-like band)

btw. haze, your probe looks sweet :D

David Hazel, I'm more used to being called Haze though

Here's my Fuzz Probe in all its sparkly glory:

P4270105Resized.jpg

oooo, you're the one with the sparkly probe matt (old man pidgeon) sent me the pic of it when i wastrying to figure out if my factory is sparkly or not.. it isn't :rolleyes:

i guess the reason you posted it as a new thread was that it would get more attention and be helpful to people, but way i see it most folk probably read this thread when they see there's a new post, especially people who are interested in buying a ff. just thought i'd explain my actions just trying to keep things running neater.

i guess the reason you posted it as a new thread was that it would get more attention and be helpful to people, but way i see it most folk probably read this thread when they see there's a new post, especially people who are interested in buying a ff. just thought i'd explain my actions just trying to keep things running neater.

Heh, i would've put it in here myself if i didnt forget that it existed...

There $220 on Buzzfox.com, thats roughly £120..

Then add 4% to that for import tax, then a further 17.5% to that for VAT, which makes it around £150, then there is delivery costs...

I have problems with my FF, the batterry empties itself in 2 weeks !!

hey...im considering getting a fuzz probe from america. can someone who actually def. knows about this answer help please:

what price does it come to?! i have the pedal price...do i have to pay paypal anything?....import tax....vat...?

pedal is $289....if 4% import tax (is that right?) added....$300.56.......then 17.5% added for VAT.....$353.16

then is that the complete price that is taken out my bank using paypal, or am i wrong, or is there anything else?

thanks for your help

ok i learnt VAT doesnt come into it, its the pedal cost and delivery...and then perhaps import tax, which is.......4-6%?

ok i learnt VAT doesnt come into it, its the pedal cost and delivery...and then perhaps import tax, which is.......4-6%?

You do have to pay VAT as well as import tax and shipping costs.

Also I have never seen a Fuzz Probe for $289, the cheapest I've found it is $299, which works out at £167.34.

Then add 4% import tax - £174.03

Then VAT at 17.5% - £204.50

Then there is shipping costs, so your looking at paying £250 for it, which is what I paid for mine and I bought it in the UK, plus I got to try it first in the shop to see if I liked it and a choice of different colours, I had to pay an extra £10 for Sparkly Green, I could have got a normal one for £239, so your not saving money buying from the USA

they dont have VAT in america, they have there own tax

If you live in the UK, you have to pay import tax and VAT if you import something to the UK.

i think they class it as a gift, so does that knock off VAT? i'll have to look it up

They won't class it as a gift, the shop might if you ask them, but don't expect them to though, I still it is a silly idea to buy a pedal you've never tried before.

he said he will, i e-mailed him about it. i wouldnt think twice about not trying-i just get the pedal because i really want it and i've heard its good, and get it home. i then have whats in front of me to create songs. its just hw i deal with things, and its what i'll do with the fuzz probe

he said he will, i e-mailed him about it. i wouldnt think twice about not trying-i just get the pedal because i really want it and i've heard its good, and get it home. i then have whats in front of me to create songs. its just hw i deal with things, and its what i'll do with the fuzz probe

Thats OK with cheap pedals, but I don't recommend it with a pedal that has a list price of $419 in the States, although it is a great pedal and I'll be amazed if you were disappointed with it

yeh thanks...i got it from ebay.com new from an authorised dealer, for $289

now i have delivery, import tax, and VAT. but its cheaper than the fuzz probe on ebay.co.uk

They won't class it as a gift, the shop might if you ask them, but don't expect them to though, I still it is a silly idea to buy a pedal you've never tried before.

if he doesn't like it ill have it! :LOL::LOL:

I still it is a silly idea to buy a pedal you've never tried before.

A sound idea in theory but if you want boutique pedals, it's highly unlikely that your local music shops will have them. In this case I think it's fine to buy something you've never tried out as you will have done your research (reviews, clips etc) and shouldn't be disapointed.