Alysum

It doesn't make the screamy sound while he is playing, listen to a live version of plug in baby and he uses the feedback inbetween sections as a fill to the next, but never turns it off as he uses it for the distortion.

yea, thats what i mean :-)...well sort of lol

he doesnt turn it completely down. in some of the live vids of plug in baby that i have, the FF starts to self oscillate at the end of each note he plays in the first half of each verse (i.e. B/A/A#/B). theyre aboot a bar long for each note, as he lets each one ring, and it oscillates just at the end of each bar.

It doesn't make the screamy sound while he is playing, listen to a live version of plug in baby and he uses the feedback inbetween sections as a fill to the next, but never turns it off as he uses it for the distortion.

Thats because the volume is up full, if it was not, then the squeal would continue while he is playing, but it would be annoying because he can't control while playing you can with a Fuzz Probe and he would have the same note going the whole time

im sure that would make perfect sense if i had the pedal

Well if you did, when you set the FF/FP to squeal, the volume knob on the guitar acts as a blend control for the squeal and the guitar, if its all the way up, then when you play a note, the squeal will go, pretty much like how you described PIB live, if the volume was not up full, then both the squeal and the guitar note can be heard at the same time

lol, good luck.

they can charge even more for the machine aswell, cause of the fact its the only one of its kind, it sounds amazing though, i just watched the video on the zvex website

I have a very unique Fuzz Probe so I might get away with it

i'm thinking of getting the fuzz probe...but when i write my songs and perform live, i dont want to be known as a muse rip off (like muse were a "radiohead ripoff")...im worried that muse have been known for that style and thats that!

the fuzz probe video is great....right at the end, it sounds like the exact start to one of the plug in baby live versions

also say your using your foot to change the sound depedning on distance...how do you turn this pedal off without a change in sound, as i've read that question but not any answer in this forum

also how cheap can you get them? i havent seen prices discussed here (unless im stupid or rushed through)...it seems between £150 and £170?

thanks

Fuzz Probes are £289 in the UK

You won't sound anything like Muse if you get one, although PIB is really easy to get since its one of the presets on the instruction sheet.

BTW Zvex has already offered to send me free stuff because of my Fuzz Probe, I might be cheeky and try to get a free pedal as well

Free stuff cause of the Probe? Like what? I'm ordering a Probe in a few days, so it'd be cool to know :)

He refused to give me one, my Fuzz Probe is the only Zvex pedal never to be signed or dated by Zvex, I only have the Myrold signature on it, also it is Sparkly Green, which is a limited edition version of the standard green Fuzz Probe, so in a way, you'll never find another one like mine, it also sounds different to another Probe I have played.

I'm getting a T-shirt, buttons and stickers from Zvex though

No idea, ordering off the net, hope I'll be surprised! :D (even though I'm boring and like the green ones...well, sparkly ones are class too :D )

What's your name then? I'm not calling you hazy no more :D

David Hazel, I'm more used to being called Haze though

Here's my Fuzz Probe in all its sparkly glory:

P4270105Resized.jpg

Aaaargh my eyes, my eyes! :D Now that's some beautiful sparkling, now I know why people like sparkles! :D

Oh, so it's Haze then. Cool :)

Just a little question, just to keep this thread a bit on topic, isn't it harder to play around with the controls and experiment when the knobs are positioned like that? Or do you put it with them facing upwards when trying out new sounds?

Aaaargh my eyes, my eyes! :D Now that's some beautiful sparkling, now I know why people like sparkles! :D

Oh, so it's Haze then. Cool :)

Just a little question, just to keep this thread a bit on topic, isn't it harder to play around with the controls and experiment when the knobs are positioned like that? Or do you put it with them facing upwards when trying out new sounds?

Its strange at first, you get used to it after a while, I prefer it like that because you don't have to be careful where you put your feet to turn it on and off

Archived