Alysum

hey

did matt actually stick his ff onto the side of his guitar before having it built in? anyone got a pic by any chance?

i personally don't find the need to have it built into a guitar or stuck on the side of my guitar, if i want feedback i just alter the volume control, not that fussy really

The diezel has like four channels, clean, crunch, distortion, MENTAL distortion.

The FF sounds really good on a crunch channel, so I can understand that he uses that one.

And yeah, I believe he used to stick some of his effects to his guitar before he got the Mansons :)

I'm undecided on whether 2 get a FF or EHX Big Muff. Can d FF give u those great plunging noises matt makes everytime he slides his fingers down the fret board?

Yeah, I do that all the time now, it`s a cool tecnique that I got the hang of while using the FF. Now I can do it with almost any distortion. I thought it was a thing that was Matt`s, but it turns out almost all guitarists use that. For me, it`s become a habit now, lol.

That might get you a "matt-ish" sound. A word of advice, bring along your gitar and fuzz to the shop, and try the amp with those. You don`t want to buy the amp, take it home, only to find out it sounds shit with your gear.

my thoughts about ff:

sounds different in combination with different guitars,amps

some amps make it sound really good,others make it sound really bad

thats main problem with it and the reason why i dont use it anymore

Too bad :( It sounds great with Orange Amps (and most other valve amps for that matter), especially on high gain settings.

I finally got my FF. And my head hurts !

It's the finest sound for plug in baby, all on 7 (clock), increase comp then Stab to get that cool sound :D

But I can't get the right sound for the rest of Muse songs especially Citizen Erased, can't hear the harmonics.

Someone suggested the Hi Compression fuzz setting but when I do that at the end of the note sound it goes PrrrBBRRppp like a big fart lol.

So what setting should I use for CE ? :(

It's the finest sound for plug in baby, all on 7 (clock), increase comp then Stab to get that cool sound :D

But I can't get the right sound for the rest of Muse songs especially Citizen Erased, can't hear the harmonics.

Someone suggested the Hi Compression fuzz setting but when I do that at the end of the note sound it goes PrrrBBRRppp like a big fart lol.

Depends on your axe. I use this one.

Volume: Whatever you prefer

Gate : 7

Comp : around 3. Just enough to make the hissing go away

Drive : 2-3-4 (depends on how much distortion you want)

Stab : 5

u wont get it to sound like CE , he dosnt use his fuzz for that

actually he does, the album version is the silver manson tuned down

but live he uses amp distortion, so for just one song use that, may as well

i know that, but from my ears that dosnt sound liek a fuzz to me, well certainly not all of it.. maybe i jsut dont know anything

no that's true Matt doesn't uses his FF for C.E he uses his amp overdrive channel. That's ok cause I have the Jackhammer distorsion.

But for songs like Dead star, New Born, etc.. can't get the right sound. What a complicated effect ZVex has made !

Where did u guys order yer FFs? I have money 2 get 1 but my dad won't buy it with his credit card from d sites I've seen it for sale on. They don't look professional and my dad is afraid he will be robbed lol. He lemme get an amp from http://www.music123.com cause dat looks official. http://www.musictoyz.com/guitar/pedals/zvex1.php looks fairly genuine, anybody got 1 from there?

Archived