Alysum

The Fuzz give you almost any sound, but because of my pickups (single) I cant' get loud harmonics, for example... on Citizen Erased, the Fuzz factory cant get those. But is just one song, so it's Ok, you always can use the amp distortion or any middle priced distortion pedal.

Mmmm... I got a strat and a tele (both single coils I believe) and I got no problems of getting really loud harmonics with my FF... the trick is to discover where to play those harmonics... (I mean it's harmonics after all...) especially.. the hand that holds the pick.. I'm getting the really loud ones right above the bridge pickup (yes it works both for tele and strats for me...) whilst above the neck pickup they're almost unaudible.. (ok.. I'm assuming that you mostly use the bridge, bridge/middle pickups anyway..)

Good luck!

Mmmm... I got a strat and a tele (both single coils I believe) and I got no problems of getting really loud harmonics with my FF... the trick is to discover where to play those harmonics... (I mean it's harmonics after all...) especially.. the hand that holds the pick.. I'm getting the really loud ones right above the bridge pickup (yes it works both for tele and strats for me...) whilst above the neck pickup they're almost unaudible.. (ok.. I'm assuming that you mostly use the bridge, bridge/middle pickups anyway..)

Good luck!

Yes, I use the middle pickup, because I hate the buzz of the neck pickup.

Hello!

I just realised I'll have to save months longer to get a Fuzz Probe, since I keep wasting money on records and books, now I'm really considering an FF instead. As I've written here million of times, I only play at home (it'll probably change in the future), and I want to do (sorry for bringing Matt up, but...)like Matt does in the beginning of some Blackouts live, when he pulls the stab knob until it oscillates in the same pitch as the song and starts playing, a technique I would very much like to use.

So, please decide for me :D I might as well reach down to the floor and yank it about, or taping it to the guitar right?

Oh, sorry, just realised how confusing this was, basically, I guess, I want to hear happy, happy words from FF owners! :D

Cheers,

Kras

Oh that's just eeeevil. I said happy words from FF'ers, no bloody probers 'ere :D No, really. That was evil. My brain is confused. But I'm going for the FF anyway. :)

Ah well, anyway you get the same sounds from a Probe as you do from a FF, but you don't have to bend over to control the Stab knob, which is great thing, plus Probes attract girls, FFs don't

Yeah, so I've heard, I'll just have to rely on my guitar playing :D

Good luck, girls never took any interest in my playing until I got my Probe, anyway its your money, get what you want, I'll just try to influence your decision as much as possible

Yeah, so I've heard, I'll just have to rely on my guitar playing :D

Good luck, girls never took any interest in my playing until I got my Probe, anyway its your money, get what you want, I'll just try to influence your decision as much as possible

Well wouldn't that make the Amps Distortion his main Distortion?

The FF just over the top of the crunch..

no wot i think that would do is just add to the distortion, i think he turns the gain on the crunch channel down so that its actually pretty clean until you start hammering the strings, gives that bite, similar to hyper music intro live, it means that its clean, but if he hammers the strings its more overdriven

Archived