Alysum

And, a switch wouldn't be possible, there's no space inside the pedal.

i ment in between the wires that attach the copper plate to the fuzz factory. perhaps you can ground it, so that it kinda turns it "off" (although it would be like having your foot on the pedal) when switched, switch again and the copper plate is allowed the change the frequency.

and thats for installing it into the guitar, you'd drill another hole for the on/off switch

and dunno why im typing, noones gonna try this!

is it possible to mod the FP in such a manner that in addition to the plate you'd have the stab knob aswell so you could oscillate at any damn pitch you wanted and still go apeshit on the plate and tap it and do whatever?

is it possible to mod the FP in such a manner that in addition to the plate you'd have the stab knob aswell so you could oscillate at any damn pitch you wanted and still go apeshit on the plate and tap it and do whatever?

all the knobs are as normal. So you could have the comp knob and then replace the stab knob with the probe, yes...thats not a bad idea actually...

all the knobs are as normal. So you could have the comp knob and then replace the stab knob with the probe, yes...thats not a bad idea actually...

It would be, you'd have to be really precise about what you were doing, better to just play with the knob

You could put it in a parallel loop to mix it with your normal sound and get some of that bass back :cool: .

Wouldn't work with a Fuzz Probe, it'll go into a strop and not sound the same, it always wants to be first, just get a simple splitter box and use two amps

Wouldn't work with a Fuzz Probe, it'll go into a strop and not sound the same, it always wants to be first, just get a simple splitter box and use two amps

I meant before the amp but in any case you are right, the impedence change might mess up the fuzz a bit. Would still happen with a splitter in front.

It might be ok, I'm not sure how it reacts to buffers.........

I meant before the amp but in any case you are right, the impedence change might mess up the fuzz a bit. Would still happen with a splitter in front.

It might be ok, I'm not sure how it reacts to buffers.........

It should be ok, I can use my wah pedal before the FP, although the FP totally destroys the wah effect, so it needs to be after to be heard.

I think Boss pedals are buffered, the FP hates them with a passion

It should be ok, I can use my wah pedal before the FP, although the FP totally destroys the wah effect, so it needs to be after to be heard.

I think Boss pedals are buffered, the FP hates them with a passion

Boss pedals have notoriously bad buffers for the most part, maybe someone wants to ask Zach at HC or on his forums?

Guest because

I swear i can slap myself for asking,

But if you buy a FF from musictoyz and put UPS 1-4 day shipping on it, will it acctually come in 1-4 days?

Any other taxes or duties to pay other than the cost of pedal and shipping? Is insurence worth it?

Heard buying overseas was very troublesome and took months.... loads of funny taxes to pay which snowballed like mad....

But if you buy a FF from musictoyz and put UPS 1-4 day shipping on it, will it acctually come in 1-4 days?

Any other taxes or duties to pay other than the cost of pedal and shipping? Is insurence worth it?

Heard buying overseas was very troublesome and took months.... loads of funny taxes to pay which snowballed like mad....

Unless you can smuggle it back into the country, it isn't worth buying abroad to be honest, it's only £209 here, plus if you take your parents with you to get it and get them to knock the price down, your laughing.

But unless your going on holiday to america, your only going to save a few quid and for all the bother and waiting, its not worth it in my opinion

Unless you can smuggle it back into the country, it isn't worth buying abroad to be honest, it's only £209 here, plus if you take your parents with you to get it and get them to knock the price down, your laughing.

But unless your going on holiday to america, your only going to save a few quid and for all the bother and waiting, its not worth it in my opinion

*cough*

Dad's gonna try and get me a $60 Phase 90 (new) when he goes over to the states next! heh!

If you get it off American eBay, you can usualy get it for under $200 and also get the seller to mark down the value and call it a gift so you don't pay any tax. If you get it from a decent place, they will sort you out if it goes missing as well. My Fuzz Factory (from Oasis guitars on eBay) cost me about £130 and took 2 weeks to arrive.

Other pedals have taken only 3 days (tonefactor.com - an awsome guy runs it). One took over a month but still had no taxes and the seller (tonefactor again) was in constant contact with me and ready to send another if it never arrived. So yes it is worth it if you can handle a possible wait! :cool:

Archived