The Blackout Appreciation Thread!

Ollie of Symmetry

Who else is missing Blackout not being played live anymore :(

it's a masterpeice of a song...

i wish they would on occasion drop songs like Hysteria, Plug In Baby etc.. which are gettin rather boring to hear live over and over again..so that we can hear some of the old gems again...

I suppose they aint gonna wanna drop any of ther big songs as most people will just go and see one of their shows on tour and will want to hear all of their hits...but it won't do any harm hoping!

So ye here's to Blackout!

cheers.jpg

I love playing this on piano. Lovely chords, especially the accidentals.

It kind of has a Soldier's Poem vibe (or would it be the other way around? :LOL: It would, but who cares). Not as amazing as some other songs, but a great song nonetheless.

I love playing this on piano. Lovely chords, especially the accidentals.

It kind of has a Soldier's Poem vibe (or would it be the other way around? :LOL: It would, but who cares). Not as amazing as some other songs, but a great song nonetheless.

Yeeeaaa but its the emotion of the song which makes it one of Muse's finest...much like Invincible....even tho many peeps manage to dislike that song somehow...but ye lets not get into that...this threads for the almighty Blackout :p

i have become enthralled with playing this song recently, i was up late (2:00a.m) with a few friends playing some games online, had the voice comms all set up and i turned to my piano (its next to my pc in a sort of L shape, and just started playing, and they were very shocked when i started singing along lol, i got told to shut up by my parents but now my mates think i should go to some singing competition, lol im not good enuf for that...

anyway more to the topic, its a fantastic piece with a intoxicating melody, best slow song ever.

(cover coming soon, cause you know i love my slow songs. lol)

i have become enthralled with playing this song recently, i was up late (2:00a.m) with a few friends playing some games online, had the voice comms all set up and i turned to my piano (its next to my pc in a sort of L shape, and just started playing, and they were very shocked when i started singing along lol, i got told to shut up by my parents but now my mates think i should go to some singing competition, lol im not good enuf for that...

anyway more to the topic, its a fantastic piece with a intoxicating melody, best slow song ever.

(cover coming soon, cause you know i love my slow songs. lol)

Sounds like a cool set-up, like you could never get bored. Just go from one to the other. :LOL:

It is a really fun song to play, isn't it? I also like playing Endlessly and Apocalypse Please (I downloaded some of the Absolution tabs... :happy: ).

I performed Blackout live at a GCSE Music showcase, I would send people the file but nerves got the better of me and it's a bit rubbish! I did it great in the rehearsal, my teacher said it was the best performance :happy:

When Muse opened their encore (if that's the right way to put it) with Blackout, it was absolutely spot on. They said they'd mess about with their sets, so Blackout may make a re-appearance.

Who else is missing Blackout not being played live anymore :(

it's a masterpeice of a song...

i wish they would on occasion drop songs like Hysteria, Plug In Baby etc.. which are gettin rather boring to hear live over and over again..so that we can hear some of the old gems again...

I suppose they aint gonna wanna drop any of ther big songs as most people will just go and see one of their shows on tour and will want to hear all of their hits...but it won't do any harm hoping!

So ye here's to Blackout!

cheers.jpg

Dude you first saw Muse when you were 11/12....kudos man!

"Don't kid yourself

And don't fool yourself

This love's too good to last

And I'm too old to dream...

Don't grow up to fast...

And don't embrace the past

This life's too good to last

And I'm too young to care...

Don't kid yourself,

And don't fool your self...

This life could be the last,

And we're too young to see..."

From memory. :happy: Same reason I like Soldier's Poem. Simple, intense lyrics. (I'm repeating myself, :p)

Dude you first saw Muse when you were 11/12....kudos man!

:)

Twas gd experiance as a first gig at that age its gotta be said...sitting ther on the balcony in amazement...

can remember going round telling everyone at my school how i was going to see MUSE and not one other kid had heard of them...lol... so pleased i managed to find out about em back then though...:happy:

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived