I agree, bands get a lot of stick with whatever they do really, you always get people moaning that a band is forgetting about the old stuff and things like that, it's almost as if some people just won't be satisfied until a the band releases the exact same album with a different title :LOL: If a band changes its style, they get abused by the 'old fans', if they produce the same stuff over and over they won't grow as a band and probably will lose motivation, bands need to find new areas and try new things. Actually, over 5 studio albums I think Muse have done very well at keeping their old fans and bringing in new ones, and they keep a decent balance at most of their shows. Take Slipknot even, after their first few albums you wouldn't expect them to now be producing songs like Snuff. I think that the only bands who get away with producing exactly the same style over and over are bands like Metallica.

Exactly. People change, so you wouldn't expect them to write the same type of music at age 32 as at age 22. And seriously, I've seen a decent number of bands live, and Muse have one of the better balances between old and new songs that I've seen. My only complaint is that they seem to have forgotten that Showbiz exists.

You're asking me to choose a favorite Muse song? That's like asking me to choose my favorite child.

Though I gotta say, Black Holes and Revelations was probably one of their strongest albums.

That's why you can choose 10. Read thread-title ;) And no, BH&R is definitely not one of their strongest albums. There aren't many obvious downs on the album but it is, imho, more average all-over than OoS and Absolution atleast.

That's why you can choose 10. Read thread-title ;) And no, BH&R is definitely not one of their strongest albums. There aren't many obvious downs on the album but it is, imho, more average all-over than OoS and Absolution atleast.

What I meant was that I love them all and it's impossible for me to choose favorites, period. And Origin of Symmetry was a great album, but there weren't as many songs that stuck out to me as there were in Black Holes and Revelations. It's a close toss up between it and Absolution, but that's just my opinion on it.

What I meant was that I love them all and it's impossible for me to choose favorites, period. And Origin of Symmetry was a great album, but there weren't as many songs that stuck out to me as there were in Black Holes and Revelations. It's a close toss up between it and Absolution, but that's just my opinion on it.

I think The Resistance is better than Black Holes and Revelations.

I think The Resistance is better than Black Holes and Revelations.

I agree. Soldiers poem, invincible, city of delusions, and hoodoo were all kind of downers for me. However starlight, supermassive black hole, map, exo-politics, and knights of cydonia are really good.

This is the order that I would rank muses studio albums:

1. OoS

2. absolution

3. the resistence

4. showbiz

5. BHaR

I agree. Soldiers poem, invincible, city of delusions, and hoodoo were all kind of downers for me. However starlight, supermassive black hole, map, exo-politics, and knights of cydonia are really good.

This is the order that I would rank muses studio albums:

1. OoS

2. absolution

3. the resistence

4. showbiz

5. BHaR

CoD and Hoodoo are magnificent. You're clearly insane :p

Yes, there are weaker songs, but there are weak songs on all of the albums. Absolution: Endlessly and TOADA. Origin: Feeling Good (well, people seem to think so) and Dark shines (and Hyper Music, imo). I also think Black Holes is their best album, because I like it more overall than the others.

New Born

Apocalypse Please

Muscle Museum

City Of Delusion

MK Ultra

Dead Star

Bliss

Take A Bow

Ruled By Secrecy

Stockholm Syndrome

Honourable mentions: Showbiz, Citizen Erased, Hysteria, Map Of The Problematique and Unnatural Selection.

SS

Tab

MM

Hoodoo

MK Ultra

Dead Star

IBTY

AP

MC

CE (especially love the transition into MC)

But if I was asked to choose my top Muse 3 songs, I could come up with only two out of the above.

Lazy abbreviation whore. :p I'll translate: AP - Apocalypse Please, IBTY - I belong to you, MC - Micro Cuts, CE - Citizen erased.

What are TAB and MM?

Lazy abbreviation whore. :p I'll translate: AP - Apocalypse Please, IBTY - I belong to you, MC - Micro Cuts, CE - Citizen erased.

What are TAB and MM?

I'm assuming "TAB" is Take A Bow and "MM" is Muscle Museum.

Come on people, would it kill you to type out the whole title? Really, now. :facepalm:

I'm gonna get Supermassive stick for this, but there's some right vain, "oh look at me because I made a list that everyone liked" pricks on this thread that constantly criticise other people's choices :LOL: Seriously, people are allowed to have their own choices, it's all down to personal opinion, doesn't mean they're "insane" or "deaf". Go and do something with your lives other than jumping down other people's throats :stunned:

Ok, rant over. :p

1. Ruled By Secrecy

2. Stockholm Syndrome

3. Space Dementia

4. Exogenesis

5. Take A Bow

6. Supermassive Blackhole

7. Showbiz

8. Falling Down

9. Knights

10. Map of the Problematique

Honorable Mentions:

Nature_1, Hoodoo, Apocalypse Please, Uno

My top 5 are usually the same, but there's around 10-15 songs which swap around quite a lot for the next few...

At the moment I'd say it's...

1) Bliss

2) Stockholm Syndrome

3) Citizen Erased

4) Map of the Problematique

5) Dead Star

6) Fury

7) MK Ultra

8) Showbiz

9) Exogenesis Symphony

10) Megalomania

The other contenders: Plug in Baby, Ruled by Secrecy, Take a Bow, Easily, Unnatural Selection, The Groove, City of Delusion, Muscle Museum, Hysteria, Butterflies & Hurricanes, Sunburn...

Here's my top10

1. Bliss

2. Sunburn

3. Citizen Erased

4. Hyper Music

5. Invincible (yeah, I know :stunned:)

6. Butterflies and Hurricanes

7. Take a Bow

8. Map of the Problematique

9. Stockholm Syndrome

10. Escape

Done this before but my old list is really noobish :p

Cave

Map of the Problematique

Bliss

Sunburn

Stockholm Syndrome

Dead Star

Showbiz

United States of Eurasia

Plug in Baby

Escape

And Take a Bow only just missing out tbh.

For the record, album wise...

Origin of Symmetry

Showbiz

Absolution

The Resistance

Black Holes and Revelations

Archived