3. MK Ultra

4. Falling Down

5. Hysteria

6. Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

7. Undisclosed Desires

8. Micro Cuts

9. Showbiz

10. Bliss

So hard, wanted to put Map of the Problematique, Dead Star, Citizen Erased, New Born and Nature_1 on here as well :(

1. Hypermusic

2. Stockholm Syndrome

3. MK Ultra

4. Falling Down

5. Hysteria

6. Thoughts of a Dying Atheist

7. Undisclosed Desires

8. Micro Cuts

9. Showbiz

10. Bliss

So hard, wanted to put Map of the Problematique, Dead Star, Citizen Erased, New Born and Nature_1 on here as well :(

Cool, two people almost consecutively with Falling Down in their top ten. That's an underrated but amazing song. :D

It's so nice and unique. It's kind of sad but the tune is uplifting, weird song with meaningful lyrics, love it.

Exactly my thoughts. It adds so much with what Matt does on the 2nd and 3rd chorus with his voice (I forgot what you call it).

Yeah. I actually totally forgot about that song until you guys mentioned it. Haven't listened to it in about a year.

I can listen to it when I'm happy or sad and it just emphasizes either emotion, not many songs can do that to me :) How have you survived not listening to it for a year? That's like giving up smoking.

I can listen to it when I'm happy or sad and it just emphasizes either emotion, not many songs can do that to me :) How have you survived not listening to it for a year? That's like giving up smoking.

It's not really what I'd call a happy song, but I get what you mean :p

And I just kinda forgot about it is all.

It's not really what I'd call a happy song, but I get what you mean :p

And I just kinda forgot about it is all.

No I know, it's not a happy song but it just has contradicting vibes to it, it's hard to explain :( and actually yeah, I feel that songs begin to lose their meaning to you the more you listen to them, either that or you've listened to them so many times you're just plain sick of them :LOL:

Falling Down always strikes me as the song Muse forgot about, yet tried to remake with Guiding Light. It'd be a good encore opener, and they could make the full band sections of it sound huge if they really wanted to.

Best forgotten! I used to be so good at fast forwarding that on my Walkman back in the day

No I know, it's not a happy song but it just has contradicting vibes to it, it's hard to explain :( and actually yeah, I feel that songs begin to lose their meaning to you the more you listen to them, either that or you've listened to them so many times you're just plain sick of them :LOL:

Yep, that's happened to me with a ton of songs :chuckle:

And try as I might, I can't like them as much anymore until like two years later.

Yep, that's happened to me with a ton of songs :chuckle:

And try as I might, I can't like them as much anymore until like two years later.

But come on, the moment of rediscovery is brilliant. Would it be embarrassing for me to mention the band Busted at this point?

Falling Down always strikes me as the song Muse forgot about, yet tried to remake with Guiding Light. It'd be a good encore opener, and they could make the full band sections of it sound huge if they really wanted to.

I thought it was more respawned with Falling Away With You. Consider: "Falling" is in both of them, they both have a peaceful jazz guitar for the verses, and during the chorus they both have a clash of tons of instruments building up to the end of the chorus.

Note: "Jazz guitar" doesn't have to be a jazzy progression, its just the name for an amped guitar with no distortion and usually no modulated effects.

You decive me a lot. Throw away some or all your old live songs of OOS, it's like throw away the magic of your concerts. By doing that you'll be now a commercial band. I'm a fan of you since 2000, and you, you're not even capable to respect and to keep your old fans. It seems that your celebrity made you pretantious, I think it's too bad, for me that admirated you so much. we'll see each other someday, or not. Goodbye Muse.

:(

This is a tricky one! I have little doubt that this list will change continuously lol.

1. Showbiz (Hullabaloo version)

2. Micro Cuts (Hullabaloo version)

3. Butterflies and Hurricanes (HAARP version)

4. Hysteria

5. New Born (HAARP version)

6. Stockholm Syndrome (HAARP version)

7. Unintended

8. Shrinking Universe

9. Sunburn

10. Sing For Absolution/Invincible/Plug In Baby...

Impossible to pick only 10! D:

You decive me a lot. Throw away some or all your old live songs of OOS, it's like throw away the magic of your concerts. By doing that you'll be now a commercial band. I'm a fan of you since 2000, and you, you're not even capable to respect and to keep your old fans. It seems that your celebrity made you pretantious, I think it's too bad, for me that admirated you so much. we'll see each other someday, or not. Goodbye Muse.

:(

1) There's about a .000001% chance that they'll actually see this message, if you don't already realize that.

2) If a band plays a ton of old songs, it just shows that they're living in what they were as musicians instead of what they are now. It's a good thing that they're playing mostly newer songs in that respect

3) They said they don't relate to a lot of the older songs anymore, so if they can't put their heart into playing them, then it's best if they don't.

4) They still play a number of songs from OOS. Plug In Baby and New Born are regulars. Feeling Good is a semi-regular, and Bliss and CE are played a significant amount of times. I'd say that's pretty damn good.

5) This rant doesn't even go with the topic.

1) There's about a .000001% chance that they'll actually see this message, if you don't already realize that.

2) If a band plays a ton of old songs, it just shows that they're living in what they were as musicians instead of what they are now. It's a good thing that they're playing mostly newer songs in that respect

3) They said they don't relate to a lot of the older songs anymore, so if they can't put their heart into playing them, then it's best if they don't.

4) They still play a number of songs from OOS. Plug In Baby and New Born are regulars. Feeling Good is a semi-regular, and Bliss and CE are played a significant amount of times. I'd say that's pretty damn good.

5) This rant doesn't even go with the topic.

I agree, bands get a lot of stick with whatever they do really, you always get people moaning that a band is forgetting about the old stuff and things like that, it's almost as if some people just won't be satisfied until a the band releases the exact same album with a different title :LOL: If a band changes its style, they get abused by the 'old fans', if they produce the same stuff over and over they won't grow as a band and probably will lose motivation, bands need to find new areas and try new things. Actually, over 5 studio albums I think Muse have done very well at keeping their old fans and bringing in new ones, and they keep a decent balance at most of their shows. Take Slipknot even, after their first few albums you wouldn't expect them to now be producing songs like Snuff. I think that the only bands who get away with producing exactly the same style over and over are bands like Metallica.

Archived