Yeah, but then it depends what time were allowed in to the stadium

Just leave your bags at the left luggage at the hotel in the morning and check in when you get back after the gig... Just tell the hotel you will be late check in so they don't think you're no shows.

alright. so I'm going to be in GA for the first time March 1st. Is it overall pretty fun? Is it better than seating?

I'm not sure if I should get GA again for a gig i'm going to 2 days later...but if it's better than seating...

It's like everything depends on people preferences some people prefers seating others like standing. What I would say is if you don't like having your personal space invaded then don't go standing. Personally I'm always standing because I really enjoy it.

If you're unable (or unwilling) to queue early then join the back of the queue.

I don't think it's right to hold a space for even ONE person!

Why should people who've queued for hours on end give up a place in the queue just because someone in front of them knows the queue-jumper??

I queued early for the O2 last month, my daughter (aged eighteen) couldn't queue as early as she hadn't stayed the night up in London like I did. I made it very clear to her that I wouldn't be offering her a place in the queue next to me!:p

Whoa, Pip, you are one strict MuseMom! How late did she arrive? Here in the US things might be a bit different. It's not unusual to hold a place for someone, but they need to get their ass in line well before doors. There is a huge difference between holding a spot while someone parks or gets sandwiches, and holding a spot for someone who shows up right before the gig!

We usually queue in groups, and all of the group may not be present all the time (food, loo breaks, a nap for the ones who got there at 7AM!) but it is essential to let those behind you know how many are in your group. And again, no late line crashers!

I prefer not to take a bag unless I absolutely need it. I tend to keep a very thin wallet with cards and money in it in my bra. It might seem odd to some people, but no one is taking money or cards from me without my knowing. It's the world's best pocket, in my opinion. If possible, meet up with everyone you're going to queue with first and leave your phones at home. It's one less thing you need to worry about. But if you can't just keep checking your pocket to see if it's there or, again, put it in your bra. My phone is small enough to put it in there too. I know I probably seem like a psycho but I swear I have never had anything lost or stolen at a gig.

Make sure your camera has a strap that can be tied to your wrist. More than this defending against people trying to steal it, it prevents you from dropping it on the floor when things get rough. If that camera falls, it will get trampled and that is the end of it. The strap on my camera has seriously saved its life dozens of times.

Amen to the camera strap!

Roya had a brill idea in Vegas; we used our little camera cases as our only bags in the gig. They are tiny and unobtrusive; you can wrap the long strap around your body bandolero-style and keep the bag in front of your chest so you know where your key/cash/credit card are. Also it's big enough to hold chapstick, mints, a granola bar: essentials for long waits once you claim your spot and can't move!

As to the bra trick, I have seen that work to sneak cameras into no-camera venues. Lots of tricks to get cameras in; thankfully now most gigs allow small digitals, but always best to check in advance as you will get held up in line if you have a camera and they don't allow them....

alright. so I'm going to be in GA for the first time March 1st. Is it overall pretty fun? Is it better than seating?

I'm not sure if I should get GA again for a gig i'm going to 2 days later...but if it's better than seating...

Read this thread, especially the first few pages; will give you an idea of what to expect. The immediacy and energy of the pit are fantastic, but if you are going to be claustrophobic or too short to see anything, go with seats.

It's like everything depends on people preferences some people prefers seating others like standing. What I would say is if you don't like having your personal space invaded then don't go standing. Personally I'm always standing because I really enjoy it.

yeah i dont really mind about that. i think ill go for GA again. I'm going to have to wear jeans with deep pockets though because i cant risk my phone or camera falling out.

and this was probably asked before,

but how early do you suppose ill need to get there to be able to be at the very front with the barrier? Is 3 hours before doors open not early enough?

Read this thread, especially the first few pages; will give you an idea of what to expect. The immediacy and energy of the pit are fantastic, but if you are going to be claustrophobic or too short to see anything, go with seats.

yeah i did. I know what to expect now (this thread is full of win). i'm about 5'6'' and ill probably get at least an inch taller by march. i'm not sure if thats tall enough to see.

oh and another question, if I get pushed to the back will I still be able to see the stage better than seating?

yeah i dont really mind about that. i think ill go for GA again. I'm going to have to wear jeans with deep pockets though because i cant risk my phone or camera falling out.

but how early do you suppose ill need to get there to be able to be at the very front with the barrier? Is 3 hours before doors open not early enough?

I don't think 3 hours is nearly enough for barrier, even in the states. On the Atlanta thread, most folks are aiming for anywhere b/t 7 and noon. I'm aiming for 9, I think. Maybe that's too early, but I'm not taking any chances.

For your camera buy a pouch with a long strap so you can wear that around your neck and have a strap you wrap around your wrist when you're holding it in your hand so it doesn't fall if you get knocked.

I have never queued in the US but I was at the barrier for my last 4 Muse gigs (resistance tour) and I started queueing between 8 and 9:30am (earliest I've done was 7am in Teignmouth).

Whoa, Pip, you are one strict MuseMom! How late did she arrive? Here in the US things might be a bit different. It's not unusual to hold a place for someone, but they need to get their ass in line well before doors.

She arrived nearly three hours after we did;)

I think holding a place for a few minutes while someone parks etc, someone who travelled with you and was already part of your group, that's different to holding a place for someone who's not yet arrived :)

As for toilet/food breaks for those already in the queue with you, absolutely! You're a part of the queueing community!:LOL:

I don't think 3 hours is nearly enough for barrier, even in the states. On the Atlanta thread, most folks are aiming for anywhere b/t 7 and noon. I'm aiming for 9, I think. Maybe that's too early, but I'm not taking any chances.

:erm: hmm...i'm not sure if my mum will go for that... I'd probably line up at 9 then if I'm allowed... maybe 10...but that might be pushing it... well, ill just ask you how things went or what you wish you would have done after your gig. :)

She arrived nearly three hours after we did;)

I think holding a place for a few minutes while someone parks etc, someone who travelled with you and was already part of your group, that's different to holding a place for someone who's not yet arrived :)

As for toilet/food breaks for those already in the queue with you, absolutely! You're a part of the queueing community!:LOL:

Queueing at the O2... To this date the best queue experience I've had in terms of convenience, warmth, door opening policy and great company :happy:

Jeans with deep pockets is an awesome idea. And I know it's been said before many times, but make sure you wear shoes. And I don't just mean flats or things, wear shoes with LACES. I made this mistake the Thursday O2 gig. I've been to hundreds of gigs before and worn flats and never had a problem. Yeah my feet get stepped on but it was never a big deal for me. On the Thursday, the crowd pushed together so tightly that I was lifted off the ground and held for the entire show between two very tall men. My feet never touched the ground until after the encore. I wound up losing my left shoe during the first 3 bars of Uprising and didn't see it again until about ten minutes after the end of the show, a lovely security guard brought it to me. Moral of the story: WEAR LACED SHOES :LOL:

As for queuing, I really cannot tell you how the crowds are going to be in the US. I've been living in the UK for the last 3 months so I have no conception of how long people will queue for. I will be getting there about 7, the same time I queued for the Friday O2 gig. However, on the Thursday I came from uni and didn't get to queue until 5 and was 6th row from barrier. I had an awesome view and was left center. Although, my view would not have been so awesome if I wasn't physically lifted off the ground. I'm 5'2" :LOL: My point is, it depends on how you get moved in the queue and how long you're there for. To be safe, I'd get there as early as you feel comfortable with.

*lol* lifted up?! That's scary. Probably slightly exhilarating too! I'm 5'1" and being lifted up would be helpful. :LOL:

I just talked to my mum on the phone and she told me I should get there early in April so I can get a spot on the rail in front of Matt. I said "do you want your daughter to be crushed to death?" :rolleyes: Mum's always been a rocker. And she loves Muse. She's sad she can't go to the show with me. heh

Jeans with deep pockets is an awesome idea. And I know it's been said before many times, but make sure you wear shoes. And I don't just mean flats or things, wear shoes with LACES. I made this mistake the Thursday O2 gig. I've been to hundreds of gigs before and worn flats and never had a problem. Yeah my feet get stepped on but it was never a big deal for me. On the Thursday, the crowd pushed together so tightly that I was lifted off the ground and held for the entire show between two very tall men. My feet never touched the ground until after the encore. I wound up losing my left shoe during the first 3 bars of Uprising and didn't see it again until about ten minutes after the end of the show, a lovely security guard brought it to me. Moral of the story: WEAR LACED SHOES :LOL:

As for queuing, I really cannot tell you how the crowds are going to be in the US. I've been living in the UK for the last 3 months so I have no conception of how long people will queue for. I will be getting there about 7, the same time I queued for the Friday O2 gig. However, on the Thursday I came from uni and didn't get to queue until 5 and was 6th row from barrier. I had an awesome view and was left center. Although, my view would not have been so awesome if I wasn't physically lifted off the ground. I'm 5'2" :LOL: My point is, it depends on how you get moved in the queue and how long you're there for. To be safe, I'd get there as early as you feel comfortable with.

:LOL: at the visual! Guess you were ready to party after that gig instead of thinking oh my aching calves!

*lol* lifted up?! That's scary. Probably slightly exhilarating too! I'm 5'1" and being lifted up would be helpful. :LOL:

I just talked to my mum on the phone and she told me I should get there early in April so I can get a spot on the rail in front of Matt. I said "do you want your daughter to be crushed to death?" :rolleyes: Mum's always been a rocker. And she loves Muse. She's sad she can't go to the show with me. heh

I think you should listen to your mother and hopefully make friends with a tall strong person to protect your barrier spot. That said I'm in the seats....

It was scary only because the crowd was moving and jumping. I had no choice but to put my faith between these two guys and hope my toes didn't get broken. But they were super nice. They saw my concerned face and one asked if I needed to get taken out and I said no, just please don't put me down cause i have no shoe. They just laughed and did their best to keep me up the whole time. Really nice guys.

Matt's side fills up quicky but center barrier goes insanely fast. A lot of people don't like to be in front of Matt's titanic platform but it's actually a good spot. If the stage design is the same, which I think it will be because it's the same tour, aim for those if you can. You won't be crushed as much cause no one pays attention to the titanic platforms.

:LOL: at the visual! Guess you were ready to party after that gig instead of thinking oh my aching calves!

I so was! I was ready to go :happy:

It was scary only because the crowd was moving and jumping. I had no choice but to put my faith between these two guys and hope my toes didn't get broken. But they were super nice. They saw my concerned face and one asked if I needed to get taken out and I said no, just please don't put me down cause i have no shoe. They just laughed and did their best to keep me up the whole time. Really nice guys.

Matt's side fills up quicky but center barrier goes insanely fast. A lot of people don't like to be in front of Matt's titanic platform but it's actually a good spot. If the stage design is the same, which I think it will be because it's the same tour, aim for those if you can. You won't be crushed as much cause no one pays attention to the titanic platforms.

I so was! I was ready to go :happy:

What are the "titanic" platforms?

What are the "titanic" platforms?

Actually there are titanic platforms, as in the 3 huge rising towers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j45Q_gPzaPI

(look at about 1:20 and beyond to see the platforms going up and down)

and there are "Titanic" platforms (as in, I'm king of the world!) -- stage extensions on each side with railings that look like those on the Titanic, like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3vUMaK3Oh4

This is the one on Chris' side in Birmingham.

I think the post above referred to the latter, though the linked video gave me motion sickness as if I was on the Titanic!