I'm always in the first rows, the worst one was at The Prodigy. Bruised all over and really stupid people around me. I had my youngest son with me, glad that he is taller than I am, so he could protect me a bit. I stood at the barrier and was pushed from the left to the right and to the front. My ribs hurt for 2 weeks.

Placebo pit was nothing. People hardly moved....how strange.

FooFighters was a fun crowd and Iggy Pop (at Pinkpop) was just as bad as the Prodigy. Same position at the barrier, but lost my place when guys at my back started to move to the front and went over the barrier to the stage. They just used my back as a stair....

Seeing Muse in front rows is always great. People are ot so bad, sometimes it's rough, but not that bad as at Iggy Pop or The Prodigy.

Just be sure to eat enough (special salty things) and drink a sportdrink, like Aquarius/AAdrink or whatever it is called. No energydrinks....and special no alcohol, that might get you faint easily. (hmmm....this is the firstaid-teacher in me).

How big are the pits for the U.S Tour. I got tickets for the pit for New York, and am a bit worried. I;m not a great mover in the gigs but like standing. Is the mixing desk at the back of the pit I can lean on and let people go mental infront of me?

Unlike a lot (most? all?) the other venues, MSG has part of the floor for standing and part for seats, so I'm not sure where exactly they'll put the soundboard, it may be amidst the seats... but from what people have said from other gigs there it seems like you shouldn't have any trouble finding a calm spot at the back of the standing area :)

i just hope i'm tall enough... (5'10")

btw i've never been up to the rails before. at some places they actually have some kind of padding/cushion on the rails instead of just metal bars and that seems like it would be more comfortable than being dead center in the pit. any thoughts? i'd definitely make a break for the rails if that's the case.

i just hope i'm tall enough... (5'10")

btw i've never been up to the rails before. at some places they actually have some kind of padding/cushion on the rails instead of just metal bars and that seems like it would be more comfortable than being dead center in the pit. any thoughts? i'd definitely make a break for the rails if that's the case.

You're tall enough believe me - I'm only 5'2"

I have never been at a gig where they had cushioned barrier but tbh I have never been crushed at the barrier at Muse gig, push forward yes but not literally crushed. The worst crowd I ever experienced was at Kasabian. As it has been mentioned before if you are unsure then head for Chris' side it's normally a bit more mellow.

I don't know whether I should get up to the barrier or stand back a bit. It seems like there are different opinions on which spots are more dangerous and which are more enjoyable. If I'm at the barrier, will I be able to take my hands away from it without getting smooshed up to it? I wanna clap for Starlight and all that fun stuff.

I don't know whether I should get up to the barrier or stand back a bit. It seems like there are different opinions on which spots are more dangerous and which are more enjoyable. If I'm at the barrier, will I be able to take my hands away from it without getting smooshed up to it? I wanna clap for Starlight and all that fun stuff.

You will probably be pushed up against the barrier, might be able to clap or take pix, sometimes not. But to be on the barrier, you have to be willing to wait in the queue all day.

But to be on the barrier, you have to be willing to wait in the queue all day.

I've been hearing that as well as "I got in queue 2-3 hours before the show and managed to push myself up to the barrier on Chris's side without much problems" for Muse shows in the USA. I really hope it's the latter since I won't be able to get in queue more than a couple hours early.

I've been hearing that as well as "I got in queue 2-3 hours before the show and managed to push myself up to the barrier on Chris's side without much problems" for Muse shows in the USA. I really hope it's the latter since I won't be able to get in queue more than a couple hours early.

Trust me, NOBODY who's been queueing for hours for the barrier will allow you to 'push' yourself past them for a spot on the barrier and to do so would be downright rude. Try it at your peril!

Trust me, NOBODY who's been queueing for hours for the barrier will allow you to 'push' yourself past them for a spot on the barrier and to do so would be downright rude. Try it at your peril!

Amen! Pushing up in the pit and trying to get onto the barrier is the ultimate in bad concert manners. Be prepared for some angry responses if you try this.

So i'm 15 and 5'9 and I have GA for the phoenix AZ show, and I was wondering 2 things, I plan on getting to the arena at like 7 am (my mom is coming as well) is this a good time to get the closest possible spot? and - where would you suggest i position myself? I would prefer to be on matt's side on the rail, but i understand its gonna be insane. Should i go to the middle? I have never been to a muse show before, but i have been attending shows in GA for the last 4 years of my life. From what i have heard here, muse shows are rowdy. but this is Arizona, so idk if it will be as bad here. anyways, pardon my rambling, and please share your thoughts. Thanks!

'Elbows R Us' :yesey::awesome:

You and Mary echoed my thoughts about pushing one's way to the front. My elbows are sharpened and ready! :fear:

So i'm 15 and 5'9 and I have GA for the phoenix AZ show, and I was wondering 2 things, I plan on getting to the arena at like 7 am (my mom is coming as well) is this a good time to get the closest possible spot? and - where would you suggest i position myself? I would prefer to be on matt's side on the rail, but i understand its gonna be insane. Should i go to the middle? I have never been to a muse show before, but i have been attending shows in GA for the last 4 years of my life. From what i have heard here, muse shows are rowdy. but this is Arizona, so idk if it will be as bad here. anyways, pardon my rambling, and please share your thoughts. Thanks!

I think 7:00 is probably ample time to make it to barrier. I'm new to this GA thing as well, but I've heard Matt's side and the middle are the most "crazy." Chris' side is more mellow. While it may be time-consuming, I would suggest reading this entire thread because it will probably answer all your questions. :)

Edited by Furygirl

I was center barrier on the Friday and was pushed flush against the barrier. I clapped during Starlight and went mental during MK. Most of the time I alternated hands on the barrier. One arm in the air, the other over the rail, then swapped. It worked perfectly. If you have your hands up and you feel someone trying to push themselves to barrier just bring them down and cling. Don't. Move. :LOL:

Center barrier and Matt's side can be a little rough. Everyone wants center cause they think it provides the best view. But from what I've heard, Chris' side is mellow and still offers a fantastic view. They use the stage to the fullest so if you wind up near Chris, many times they will swap sides and give both mega love.

I will deffo be hurtling towards Chris' side when I go the Manchester in 2010 :D

It's been a while since I've been in a pit but whatever you do, make sure to jump along with everyone else! I've seen people just stand there or jump completely against the rhythm, and unless you have this urge to be 'different', relax as much as you can and go with the flow. If you are in the front, push back if you have to without getting angry... doesn't hurt if you work on some muscle definition in your upper body before the concert.

Wear something sporty (not cotton) so when you sweat, it'll dry off faster. Don't bother with a lot of makeup or made-up hair.

One thing that always surprises me are people who try to take pictures in the pit... seriously??? Make up your mind, enjoy the concert in your big huddled dancey mess or stay off the pit with your camera... I've always disliked people with their elbows in my face trying to take pictures that end up crappy anyways.

Edited by garp

It's been a while since I've been in a pit but whatever you do, make sure to jump along with everyone else! I've seen people just stand there or jump completely against the rhythm, and unless you have this urge to be 'different', relax as much as you can and go with the flow. If you are in the front, push back if you have to without getting angry... doesn't hurt if you work on some muscle definition in your upper body before the concert.

Wear something sporty (not cotton) so when you sweat, it'll dry off faster. Don't bother with a lot of makeup or made-up hair.

One thing that always surprises me are people who try to take pictures in the pit... seriously??? Make up your mind, enjoy the concert in your big huddled dancey mess or stay off the pit with your camera... I've always disliked people with their elbows in my face trying to take pictures that end up crappy anyways.

Your first 2 paragraphs echo posts earlier in the thread; good advice.

But I musst disagree with your last bit: I have gotten some of my best pix and vids from the pit! I try not to hold the camera in front of anyone; best tactic is to hold it way up high. But as you can see from my vids here:

http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/gocanux

(not the Wembley ones obviously....) you can get some classic stuff in the pit! Just have to remember not to film while bouncing or singing along!

Your first 2 paragraphs echo posts earlier in the thread; good advice.

But I musst disagree with your last bit: I have gotten some of my best pix and vids from the pit! I try not to hold the camera in front of anyone; best tactic is to hold it way up high. But as you can see from my vids here:

http://www.veoh.com/search/videos/q/gocanux

(not the Wembley ones obviously....) you can get some classic stuff in the pit! Just have to remember not to film while bouncing or singing along!

Same here - I have taken some of my best pictures in the pit. From the moment people are careful and respectful of others around I don't see why people can't take pictures, they make great memories to look back on.

Def. do not sing whilst filming... It's unbelievable how much a little camera mic can pick up :chuckle:

gaaah i had to edit my PiB video because my singing was on it :LOL: it was so terrible!

That's how you learn :chuckle:

My Nishe video is so full of lulz because of the background talking: between B shouting "thank you", Olly going "megaphone, oh no megaphone!!" and Kieran then begging matt not to sing feeling good :LOL: No way I am editing that!!