Knights of Cydonia Discussion Thread

Tokamak

Do you like Knights of Cydonia?  

864 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Knights of Cydonia?

• Yes
    • No

Just be glad you haven't heard it, it's shit. Just Musers bumming it 'cos it's Muse, I bet if any other band came out with a record as bad as that, they'd quickly slate it.

Although, those that genuinely do like it, fair enough, don't have a go at me.

:rolleyes: Nice disclaimer.

Just be glad you haven't heard it, it's shit. Just Musers bumming it 'cos it's Muse, I bet if any other band came out with a record as bad as that, they'd quickly slate it.

Although, those that genuinely do like it, fair enough, don't have a go at me.

honestly, i dont know what to think of the song YET. i've heard it only once so im not ready to say if i like it much or less.

...but yes, i agree both sigles will make more sense once they're played as part of the album...im not trying to say they're sucky or anything just yet, im waiting a little. so, i guess, you're right on that ;)

is anyone else abstaining from listening to Knights of Cydonia?!?

I mean, I can't blame anyone for listening, since it is the new single after all. Fair enough. if it was that simple, i'd have given it a listen already.

But honestly, it's the last song on the album, so a questionable choice by the record company, in my opinion.

For me, listening to the last song on the new Muse album - especially one with a name as epic as "Knights of Cydonia" - would be like spoiling the big ending to a movie! That's exactly how I thought of "Megalomania" when I first heard it. It was such a massive climax I was glad to have heard it "in context," and at its proper place.

Now, I have accidentally heard a few snippets of KoC -- unexpectedly on the Muse homepage here, and then the first few seconds on the MySpace page. Those little clips are tantalizing to say the least.

And with how everyone's describing it, YOWSA!

I kind of like the excitement.

i guess i'm a bit of purist though -- i never listen to albums before their proper releases.

anyone else thinking the same way??

Dude, I feel the exact same way. I find that the last track of an album is usually the most important, as it closes the whole thing off, similar to that of a movie ending, like you suggested. Even though it's the US single, I refuse to listen to it until the album drops. Having heard one track already is enough, especially on an album with only 10 tracks total.

Dude, I feel the exact same way. I find that the last track of an album is usually the most important, as it closes the whole thing off, similar to that of a movie ending, like you suggested. Even though it's the US single, I refuse to listen to it until the album drops. Having heard one track already is enough, especially on an album with only 10 tracks total.

No wonder you guys are grousing, your CD only has 10 tracks and mine has 11.

haha,

what's funny is that after hearing like 3 seconds of it on the myspace page, i immediately stopped it, then proceeded to write a song just based on my initial impressions of those 3 seconds.

the initial rush i did hear something of an epic Ennio Morricone score out in space...

and since i haven't heard the song, i'm not really ripping it off either....i'm almost sort of filling in the blank..."how would i want this to sound."

it's kind of an interesting exercise in songwriting.

i wonder how close i'll get! haha :D

but i have heard some people say it's a bad song, or that it's too over the top or whatever. i dunno...that almost makes me more excited. it seems the more bombastic muse get, the more i like 'em.

I grew up listening to nothing but film scores, so i have a thing for big build ups and climaxes, etc.

yeah i know what you mean i dont think they should have released it as a single, it ruins the part of the film where Jimmy is re-united with Rover and they hug, if you know what i mean ;) You just don't wanna know if Rover makes it until the end.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Albert03
I heard it on the radio in my car.

I like it a lot but, it's also the gayest thing I've ever heard! I laughed my ass off through almost the whole song.

I think you're gonna catch hell from the board members for that one...:stunned:

Archived