Do you like Knights of Cydonia?  

864 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Knights of Cydonia?

• Yes
    • No

Guest Puppetmaster

itsgrowingonmeitsgrowingonmeitsgrowingonmeYAY! :D

whew *wipes off cold sweat*

I do wish they'd sing the "and how can we live when fools can be kings" lines twice :eek: ooooh orgasmic.

A word to the wise: do not listen to KoC the night before an exam or something similar.

I had a big presentation to do yesterday, and all I could think of was arpeggios and "No one's going to take me alive". :stunned:

However, it's okay to listen to in art class. :D

Actually, it SHOULD be listened to in art class.

Distracts from the noisy kids who don't do their work and gives you a funky beat to move your brush/pen to.

However, it's okay to listen to in art class. :D

Actually, it SHOULD be listened to in art class.

Distracts from the noisy kids who don't do their work and gives you a funky beat to move your brush/pen to.

Yes. muse + art = :D

all the less informed lowly mortals are getting a bit worried about me. headphones are a bit loud.

so i wail at them.

• 5 weeks later...

is anyone else abstaining from listening to Knights of Cydonia?!?

I mean, I can't blame anyone for listening, since it is the new single after all. Fair enough. if it was that simple, i'd have given it a listen already.

But honestly, it's the last song on the album, so a questionable choice by the record company, in my opinion.

For me, listening to the last song on the new Muse album - especially one with a name as epic as "Knights of Cydonia" - would be like spoiling the big ending to a movie! That's exactly how I thought of "Megalomania" when I first heard it. It was such a massive climax I was glad to have heard it "in context," and at its proper place.

Now, I have accidentally heard a few snippets of KoC -- unexpectedly on the Muse homepage here, and then the first few seconds on the MySpace page. Those little clips are tantalizing to say the least.

And with how everyone's describing it, YOWSA!

I kind of like the excitement.

i guess i'm a bit of purist though -- i never listen to albums before their proper releases.

anyone else thinking the same way??

Just be glad you haven't heard it, it's shit. Just Musers bumming it 'cos it's Muse, I bet if any other band came out with a record as bad as that, they'd quickly slate it.

Although, those that genuinely do like it, fair enough, don't have a go at me.

Archived