Ok, so people complaining about me saying this setlist is kinda lame for a Wembley gig, here's why I'm saying this. We got this setlist in Nijmegen at the end of June and -to me- it is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than what they got tonight at Wembley. Not talking shit or so, just exposing a fact 90% of people would agree on.

The only bug is we didn't get Exo.

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/goffertpark-nijmegen-netherlands-33d4189d.html

I just realised how much more special this gig was setlist-wise.

I feel sorry for the fans who expected more classics though, Wembley should be special.

Tomorrow there will no no NSC! No GL! No IBTY! No SP! No B&H!

Would be surprised not to see these songs replace them...

MKU

MOTP

CE

BLISS

DEAD STAR

4 of those songs will be played!

Plus SD, RBS, AP or Cave will be played as the piano song!

You may think i'm mad, but im right! Yous will see! Have faith!

If so, I'll be so happy.

Especially as I am so useless I don't really know how to work Twitter!:LOL:

I am always happy to see the band whatever they play (Manchester last weekend was my 10th gig). Muse aren't just playing to the board nowadays - they have a massive crowd and a finely tuned stage and light set so they do have to be rigid with setlists imo. One thing I would like to see would be a gig for the board - it's feasible if Matt's comment about playing a few smaller gigs is true.

I feel you pain, I'm the same with the fancy internet and all it's ways lol

We were saying something similar last weekend. The 15,000 active board members are not really the target audience anymore are we? Certainly do not make up the bulk of numbers at a gig.

ps lccc was awesome.

Tht setlist was the worst setlist in the history of the supershitty setlist,I travelled half the fuckin world to hear NSC?? Still, I'm going to see ya guys tomorrow night hopefully it will be better than this... I mean how could it get any worse?:(

I traveled half the fucking world to hearrrrr

I belong to youuuuuuuuu

having seen them at teignmouth birmingham and glasto ive learnt to expect the standard (dull) set and simply hope for one or two good ones i havent heard, so i still hold hop for tomoz

also can anyone tell me if there was a golden circle tonight and if so what the system is, e.g 1st come 1st served etc.

I'm hoping for a few little changes tomorrow...ahem...BLISS!

What I don't get is that Muse/someone close to Muse must be aware of the discontent regarding setlists on here. I've only been here a week and its obvious to me!!! Surely you guys are their core fanbase i.e. people who have followed them from the beginning and follow the shows. So why not compromise a bit for them?

Some will say that you should just be happy to be going to the gigs. I get that, and blatantly so do the people who continue to bitch about the setlists because they continue to bitch rather than just give up.

For what its worth, I am OK with NSC and IBTY but surely they knew that this type of setlist wouldn't sit well with boardies.

And lets face it, Wembley is special! Its the biggest gig they are going to play in their home country!

yeah on the whole i agree with this.

but as for the people here from the beginning... fuckit be happy with whatever you get because it's all amazing!!! i've loved them since 2001 and i'm insanely happy to see them play anything! and if people don't agree with that and have an ideal way they should perform TOUGH SHIT! go to more gigs, it's the only way you'll hear a varied setlist.

i think all this bitching and moaning is a load of bullshit.

maybe they wanna play new songs because they enjoy them and wanna show them off!

for everyone that's complaining, fuck off!

i would have loved to have heard nsc tonight, not because it's my favourite but because when am i ever gonna hear that again!?

sigh.

can't wait for tomorrow though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Nice sentiment, but something tells me they'll have an inkling there was some minor complaining. :LOL:

Yea of course, but everytime bitching occurs in a gig thread, it's the same old argument, of 'you lot are ruining it for us who went'. So may as well try and get people to post in the other thread.

Especially as I am so useless I don't really know how to work Twitter!:LOL:

I am always happy to see the band whatever they play (Manchester last weekend was my 10th gig). Muse aren't just playing to the board nowadays - they have a massive crowd and a finely tuned stage and light set so they do have to be rigid with setlists imo. One thing I would like to see would be a gig for the board - it's feasible if Matt's comment about playing a few smaller gigs is true.

I am always happy to see them to, tomorrow will be my fourth time and I can't wait. I am just playing Devils advocate, that said, I do think they should consider the views of the messageboard more.

I see what you are saying about the diverse fanbase that has come about over the last few albums but imo they could probably just insert two board favourites (realistic ones, not b sides and other such rarities) and all bitching would cease (mostly, everyone likes to bitch a little :D )

Though I guess I'm just going over old ground.

having seen them at teignmouth birmingham and glasto ive learnt to expect the standard (dull) set and simply hope for one or two good ones i havent heard, so i still hold hop for tomoz

also can anyone tell me if there was a golden circle tonight and if so what the system is, e.g 1st come 1st served etc.

no golden circle.

Yea of course, but everytime bitching occurs in a gig thread, it's the same old argument, of 'you lot are ruining it for us who went'. So may as well try and get people to post in the other thread.

i'm not really worried about that tbh. course i don't bitch nearly as much as i used to.

To quote someone who doesn't like the negative opinions.

"yeah well, we all should be used to the repetitive setlist thing by now. shouldn't we?"

now let's change some words and see what we get.

yeah well, we all should be used to the repetitive negative comments by now. shouldn't we?

Still I see people complain about THAT all the time...

you wanna keep bitching about their setlist choices? do it.

but i'm not sure it'll get you anywhere, it never did.

so just please, save your efforts and drop this attitude because it must be pretty exhausting being any of you.

Archived