How would you rate Origin of Symmetry?  

588 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Origin of Symmetry?

• 1 Star
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 5 Stars

4/5 for me their best album! So MUSE!!!!

Good things about the album: You know after listening the album that Muse is more than a simple rock band!!The power of some songs like Space Dementia!! so unbelievable!! Un chef d'oeuvre!!

Bad things about the album: ...

Best track: CITIZEN ERASED!! the best Muse song ever!!!!

Worst track: Darkshines?

Favourite moment: The end of CE and the beginning of Microcuts. GENIUS.

OOS : PERFECTION.

Good things about the album

Just about everything, major riffage, big sweeping epic tracks like Space Dementia, Citizen Erased and New Born.

Bad things about the album

Only negative thing is the fact that there's 11 songs and one of them's a cover version.

Best track

Citizen Erased

Worst track

Feeling Good (not that i don't like it, but i prefer their original compositions rather than cover versions)

Favourite moment

The moment 'Bliss' kicks in after the introduction.

What's with all the Screenager hate? It's fucking amazing.

+100000000000000

fucking best fucking album. fucking

Best: Space Dementia, Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts

Worst: Feeling Good

Best Moments:

-Megalomania second verse (your... dis... GUIIIIIIIISE)

-Citizen Erased from :00 to 7:16 (those buzzy whistle things are obnoxious)

-Space Dementia Outro

-Micro Cuts intro

-Screenager second verse

-Plug In Baby pseudo-quasi-verse (2:40 or so)

-New Born Riff

-Dark Shines final chorus

4 Stars

Good things: The first 7 tracks are some of Muse's best, and the heavy riffs are just :awesome:

Bad things: It loses something towards the end, however Megalomania makes up for this.

Best songs: Bliss, Plug In Baby, Megalomania

Worst songs: Darkshines, Feeling Good, Screenager

Best moment: The first riff in New Born gives me chills everytime :eek:

Agreed. :D

My favorite album EVER. It's just so powerful. I realised that when I decided to make a playlist in iTunes of all my favorite Muse songs and just couldn't leave even one song from OoS out of it. :LOL: Brilliant, brilliant stuff.

Best: Dark Shines, Megalomania, Micro Cuts, Citizen Erased.

Weakest: Feeling Good (doesn't fit in but is fine on its own), Bliss.

Favorite moments:

New Born: The intro and riff.

Space Dementia: "We'll destroy this world for you".

Hyper Music: '"Whoo ooo ooo ooo really cares anymore"

Plug In Baby: "Don't confuuuse, baby you're gonna lose''.

Citizen Erased: The last 2 minutes or so. It almost always makes me cry.

Micro Cuts: Matt's voice. Oh god. :happy:

Screenager: "All the holes in our souls".

Dark Shines: It has to be my favorite song. It just blows me away! I could listen to it 24/7 and never get bored. 2:00-2:38 is just so chaotic and powerful, and the final minute or so kills me.

Megalomania: Another fantastic song. The super falsetto in the background at 3:39 gives me chills everytime.

Good things about the album - The fact that it's the best album ever written could be considered a good point, right? New Born, Bliss, Space Dementia, Plug In Baby, Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts, Darkshines, Megalomania, and Futurism are nine of the best songs in existence.

Bad things about the album - Screenager is a bit boring in parts. Feeling Good doesn't really "fit in". Hyper Music is meh.

Best track - Space Dementia, duh.

Worst track - Screenager or maybe Hyper Music.

Favourite moment - "and make us meaningless...again...oooooohhh....BOOM!" :\mm/:

4/5

Contains some of Muse's best material, both in oomph and emotion

After MicroCuts, things don't work as well (save for the impressive Darkshines). Nature_1 or Shrinking Universe should have been on instead of Feeling Good

Best track

Bliss, Space Dementia and Citizen Erased

Worst track

Feeling Good. Screenager is also a bit naff.

Favourite moment

Bliss's intro morphing into electro-metal, Space Dementia's lunacy of an outro and Citizen Erased's... Citizen Erasedness

5/5

Good things about the album: The rawness, the inventiveness, the edginess. It manages to break cliches rather than conform to them, and features all their best songs and riffs. Every song gets into my top 20 Muse songs.

Bad things about the album: ...maybe Forced In replacing Feeling Good would make that chaotic atmospheric descent at the end of the album even better? But as I (controversially it seems) love Feeling Good too I can't call anything on this album "bad."

Best track: Hyper Music, New Born, Plug In Baby, Bliss, Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts, Screenager, Space Dementia

Worst track: Feeling Good and Darkshines only get 9/10 for me? Which makes them as good as the best tracks on Resistance.

Favourite moment: All of it. The incredible rocky opening, the descent into a paranoid atmosphere, all of it. One of the only albums I can listen to again and again without getting bored of it. It's just perfect.

5 stars, in my opinion. :)

My favourite album. It includes some of my very favourite songs by Muse, and it really has a lot of power and emotion. I love it.

Screenager kind of ruins it a little bit for me. I'm not too fond on that song. They should have put Nature_1 in there instead of it.

Best track

Micro Cuts, Bliss, Space Dementia, Citizen Erased.

Worst track

Screenager.

Favourite moment

The opening riff to New Born. It just really opens the album showing how powerful it is from the very start. It sends shivers down my spine. :eek::happy:

OoS has the best production of any Muse album, each instrument in each track is easily identifiable and clean, you can pick out each element of the track.

BH&R and Absolution are just a mush of poorly mixed layers. The Resistance is much much much better and more along the lines of OoS.

Good things about the album: I have never really been able to decide which one is my favourite album, this one or Absolution. On this album I love the falcetto, the riffs and the fact that there are no really bad songs, and the fact that it flows very well together.

Bad things about the album: I don't know actually... is it mean to say Feeling Good? :LOL: It just doesn't fit in!

Best track: Bliss

Worst track: Feeling Good

Favourite moment: All of Bliss

I relistened to the whole album today 2 times, first time since i listened through it for the first time- a year ago. And i have this feeling that this is the best Muse album out of the 6 they made so far. I think it is purely epic and awesome. All of it. Just like a week ago I would say the "worst songs" would be Screenager and Citizen erased (yeah, citizen erased, i just didn't understand the whole epicness of the song till now), but now i just have like a whole new look on the album. All songs perfectly fit together and are genius:)

5, because i really can't find anything wrong with it...

i used to think it wasn't really as strongly tied together as abso and TR are... but i sort of changed my mind...

it's just this... wall of sounds, it sounds raw and emotional, it never comes close to being OTT... i think the un-polishedness is part of the appeal, it's something that got a little lost in later albums... (which is not to say that makes them any worse)

i dunno if i could pick a favourite song... i think maybe space dementia and CE (of course), and hyper music for the epic heavy moshiness :awesome: and i love darkshines... oh hell, i cant actually pick a favourite :p

moments: end of CE, the very beginning of hyper music, the end of space dementia, the cacophony of sound before the choruses in darkshines... yeah :)

How would you rate Origin of Symmetry?

Feel free to give a short review including:

Best track

Worst track

Favourite moment

ALBUM OF THE DECADE.

Srsly.

Good things: There goes something. The slower songs (Megalomania, Feeling Good, Screenager) are beautiful, the faster songs (New Born, Hyper Music) rock the living fuck out of you.

Bad things: Not much, I think it would've been awesome if Bliss was the opener for the album.

Top- Bottom:

1. Space Dementia
  2. Citizen Erased
  3. Bliss
  4. (Futurism)
  5. Hyper Music/ Hyper Chondirac Music
  6. New Born
  7. Micro Cuts
  8. Megalomania
  9. Plug In Baby
  10. Dark Shines
  11. Screenager