How would you rate Origin of Symmetry?  

588 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Origin of Symmetry?

• 1 Star
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 5 Stars

Good Things About the Album

Where to begin...Well, it has a consistent dark theme to it, which I like. It also has some amazing riffs, most of the songs are aggressive, and it's a very fun album listen to. I also like the way the tracks tend to blend together well when played in order, it makes the album it much smoother to listen to.

Bad Things About the Album

I think Feeling Good is a bit awkward and unfitting for this album. It's a great cover, don't get me wrong, it just doesn't really fit the general theme and feel of the album to me. Other than that, I really can't think of anything.

Best Track

If we're including bonus tracks, then Futurism is probably my favorite, the bass is fantastic and Matt's vocals are great too. Aside from that, though, I'd go with Megalomania. I love Matt's vocals in it and the beat.

Worst Track

Since I have to choose, I'll say Feeling Good. It's not that it's a bad song, it just doesn't fit well with the rest of the album.

Favorite Moment

Hmm...Either the last bit in Megalomania, with Matt's high backing vocals, or the guitar in Darkshines. Or the ending to Space Dementia. Or...You know, I could do this all day.

All in all, I really like this album. It's my favorite album by Muse. I give it 5 out of 5.

• 5 weeks later...

5 stars. It's basically flawless. Even the so-called "worst" song is fun to listen to.

Best track: Citizen Erased, Megalomania

"Worst track": Feeling Good

Best moment: Ending of both Citizen Erased and Megalomania.

Absolution was my absolute favorite album, but now that I think about it, I'm not so sure anymore.

Archived