How would you rate Showbiz?  

329 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Showbiz?

• 1 Star
    • 2 Stars
    • 3 Stars
    • 4 Stars
    • 5 Stars

A good album. Some of the work is comparable to the last two albums. However, there are some awful teenage angst style lyrics at times. That and some of the songs just aren't all that great.

My favourite track is Falling Down. My favourite acoustic track by Muse.

My least favourite track is probably Overdue. It has a great little guitar riff during the verses, but the rest of the song is simply awful. I have to give a shout out to Fillip, Sober and Escape though. Escape especially. It should have been so much better!

My favourite moment on the album is probably hearing the crickets in Hate This & I'll Love You.

Good things about the album

Bad things about the album

Best track

Worst track

Favourite moment

I give Showbiz 3 stars.

This album to me seemed full of angst, resulting in some poor lyrics at times. I felt the album is also a little inconsistent and has a lot of weaker tracks, but also some very good ones.

Best Track: Sunburn

Worst Track: Uno

Favourite Moment: When the piano on sunburn kicks in.

Three Stars.

Good: Solid debut, angsty, rocking, shows promise and potential.

Bad: Some songs have aged badly and sound a tad puerile these days.

Best Track(s): Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Showbiz.

Worst Track(s): Escape, Falling Down, Unintened, Sober, Overdue.

Favourite Moment: Showbiz solo, Muscle Museum bassline, riff and outro.

3 stars.

Good debut album but not really anything special. It has that typical indie/alternative style of the late 90s, comparable to Placebo's old style and the like. Some great songs (I love Uno, Unintended, Fillip, Cave) but also some lyrics I just don't get...:$

Best Track: Unintended

Worst Track: Muscle Museum

Favourite Moment: don't know...

I gave it 3 stars

Good things about the album:

Its a solid start and it has some great songs in it. I like how the lyrics are a little angsty and have a more personal and grounded feel to it. While I love epic Muse, its nice to be able to relate to the stuff they talk about in a more personal level.

Bad things about the album:

While its a solid start, its an unremarkable one, Muse are still finding their feet in this, so it doesnt stand up to the later records. In a way it doesn't really feel like an album as well because as the band have said it themselves its more like a collection of songs they'd previously written.

Best track:

Sunburn

Worst track:

Fillip

Favourite moment:

I love the verse in Falling Down "I'm crawling away, cause you broke my heart in two, no I will not forget you" Its a random pic but I love Matt's emotion in singing it

5 whole stars

Best: Epic nostalga throughout. I think anyone who is aspiring to be a musician/composer can really analyse the choices Muse made in this album.

Best Songs: Sunburn, Fillip, Cave, Sober

Worst: Overdue/Escape - though theyre still pretty good

Best Bit - COOOOOOME IN MYY CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Good things about the album - Matt's vocals are immediately impressive.

Bad things about the album - Too many amateur sounding Radiohead-lite songs.

Best track - Sunburn

Worst track - Overdue

Favourite moment - High note on Showbiz.

3/5

I've given Showbiz 5 stars even though I've just said OoS was the best album - because Showbiz comes a very close second. Although in many ways it was raw, it was still catchy and had huge variety... for example, the difference between Cave & Unintended. Also I feel that this album gets forgotten, as a lot of people didn't get into muse before Absolution was realeased.

Best song: Cave

Worst song: it's difficult, but I'm going to say Escape, even though I like it!

3/5 I think they did a great job for a first album!! But when you listen to their following album there's a lot of differences!

Good things about the album[/color]: A lot of perfect, great songs! but the most inequal album

Bad things about the album: Some songs are boring , and Matt's voice is not perfect yet!

Best track: Sunburn i like everything about this song!! Played in live, it's just perfection especially in Glastonbury with Matt and his piano!

Worst track:Overdue

Favourite moment : Come on there is UNINTENDED, CAVE, SUNBURN and MUSCLE MUSEUM!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Good things about the album

On the most part, teriffic song writing. Some great riffs and some absolutely classic Muse records that despite not being played live any more will live forever.

Bad things about the album

Overdue and Escape. No matter how hard I try I just can't get into these tracks. They're listenable, but lack the anthemic quality of the rest of the album.

Best track

Showbiz

Worst track

Escape

Favourite moment

The final epic chorus in 'Showbiz'

I've given Showbiz 5 stars even though I've just said OoS was the best album - because Showbiz comes a very close second. Although in many ways it was raw, it was still catchy and had huge variety... for example, the difference between Cave & Unintended. Also I feel that this album gets forgotten, as a lot of people didn't get into muse before Absolution was realeased.

+1

Best: Cave, Showbiz, Uno, Falling Down

Worst: Unintended

i love how everyone shits on overdue :p

Best Moments:

-Showbiz buildup, especially later verses

-COOOOOOOME IN MAAAAAH CAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE

-Beginning of Uno

-Late HTAILY

3 Stars, compared to Muse's other albums. 3.5 otherwise.

Good things about the album:

It is a great album, and solid debut. Some great songs in there, and some nice unconventional singles (Sunburn).

Bad things about the album:

Some of the songs at the end are a bit on the mediocre side. Angsty lyrics, like people have said. Spiral Static should have been in place of Sober or Overdue.

Best track:

Sunburn, Muscle Museum, Uno, Showbiz, Unintended.

Worst track:

Sober, Overdue.

Favourite moment:

Falsetto and guitar solo of Showbiz, "You could have been number one", Piano of Sunburn, the different feel of Muscle Museum.

But considering that this was their very first album, WOW. It's pretty amazing on its own, but unfortunately just falls flat compared with their most recent work.

Best: Showbiz, Hate This & I'll Love You, Falling Down.

Worst: Filip, Uno, Sober.

Favorite moments:

Sunburn: The piano intro.

Falling Down: Matt's singing, and his scream at 3:55.

Showbiz: The mood of this song. Simply amazing.

Archived