I don't know if anybody mentioned this but some tweeted this to Jonathon Ross

'Looking forward to seeing @muse on @Wossy tonight - hopefully the Glasto rumours will be put to rest and I'll be all shiny happy '

And he replied:

@ilonacatherine Didn't chat to them on the show, but Matt told me they are probably doing it.

'Looking forward to seeing @muse on @Wossy tonight - hopefully the Glasto rumours will be put to rest and I'll be all shiny happy '

And he replied:

@ilonacatherine Didn't chat to them on the show, but Matt told me they are probably doing it.

:awesome:

And he replied:

I have only one thing to say about that: SPAFF!

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xs/622375/Micks-crinkly-rockers-top-bill-at-festival.html

SPANDAU BALLET and THE ROLLING STONES are set to play at Glastonbury's 40th.

Both bands were discussing their debut appearances with organiser MICHAEL EAVIS last week.

A source at the farm told me: "Glastonbury has had some problems over the past years with JAY Z and then not selling out, but next year is going to be the best yet.

"It is the 40th anniversary so everyone is pulling out all the stops. U2 have signed up, MUSE are getting ready to put pen to paper and now the Rolling Stones are in talks to headline.

"Spandau Ballet will be another good get and they'll definitely get a plum slot on the bill. Michael's a huge fan."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hate to dig up an old thread, but

http://www.nme.com/news/glastonbury/49031

Second headliner confirmed, but not named. NME seems to think it will be the Stones Saturday and Bob Dylan Sunday. They say that because its the 40th anniversary, it should be older, and bigger bands.

SCREW THAT WE NEED OUR MUSE.

Muse on the Saturday of GTFO :phu::musesign::\mm/:

In all seriousness though, if the Saturday headliner is traditionally bigger than the friday or sunday headliner, then the only 2 bands I can think of that has more worldwide popularity are The Rolling Stones and The Beatles, and seeing as a reunion of The Beatles is highly unlikely, It will probably be The Stones. But I have a hunch that Muse will headline the Sunday night, they're doing all the fesitvals this year so It only makes sense that they would try to play the biggest festival of the year. And it's not like they sucked or anything last time they did it. THEY ROCKED THE HOUSE. In my opinion if you showed the Eavis family the vid of Knights of Cydonia from V fest, Muse would be the go-ahead for Saturday night :D

:stunned:

Glasto confirmed?? Where did they get that one from? God I hope it's true.

They probably just got it from the rumours going around like the one on efestival. Though they seemed to be fairly certain.

Hate to dig up an old thread, but

http://www.nme.com/news/glastonbury/49031

Second headliner confirmed, but not named. NME seems to think it will be the Stones Saturday and Bob Dylan Sunday. They say that because its the 40th anniversary, it should be older, and bigger bands.

SCREW THAT WE NEED OUR MUSE.

Muse on the Saturday of GTFO :phu::musesign::\mm/:

In all seriousness though, if the Saturday headliner is traditionally bigger than the friday or sunday headliner, then the only 2 bands I can think of that has more worldwide popularity are The Rolling Stones and The Beatles, and seeing as a reunion of The Beatles is highly unlikely, It will probably be The Stones. But I have a hunch that Muse will headline the Sunday night, they're doing all the fesitvals this year so It only makes sense that they would try to play the biggest festival of the year. And it's not like they sucked or anything last time they did it. THEY ROCKED THE HOUSE. In my opinion if you showed the Eavis family the vid of Knights of Cydonia from V fest, Muse would be the go-ahead for Saturday night :D

NME says a lot of things. If you read Emily Eavis's interview on the official Glastonbury website she says 'The great thing about next year is that there's a lot of bands who've been a big part of the Festival who really want to get involved and not necessarily in the slot that they would normally have. A lot of them are much bigger than where they're going to be playing.' Which opens it out even more as to the level of bands playing next year and who knows where on site they shall be playing! I'm really excited about that.:happy:

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/an-end-of-year-chat-with-emily

NME says a lot of things. If you read Emily Eavis's interview on the official Glastonbury website she says 'The great thing about next year is that there's a lot of bands who've been a big part of the Festival who really want to get involved and not necessarily in the slot that they would normally have. A lot of them are much bigger than where they're going to be playing.' Which opens it out even more as to the level of bands playing next year and who knows where on site they shall be playing! I'm really excited about that.:happy:

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/news/an-end-of-year-chat-with-emily

That's really good news. I would love it if Muse were to play on a different stage at the same time as U2 so the majority of people would at the main stage and we can go and watch Muse :awesome:

• 4 weeks later...

Archived