Kit and Tab Tribute Act

ADAM

were working on it!

Friday I should be able to re-record some more drummage. :)

Oh brill I got back online just in time to head the new stuff :D

OOH. Who did the cover of Stockholm in the latest Musecast? GETIMIN!!! Ahem :D

Alright, I listened to stockholm syndrome. Wasn't very impressed, but it sounded ok :)

The mixing was pretty bad, whoever mixed it needs a mixing 101 session or something. The the actual instrumentation was good though, especially the drums!

The vocals did a decent job, he has a good voice, but maybe not for Bellamy stuff.

Keep it up though, I'd love to hear some more advanced tracks, like City of Delusion!

Alright, I listened to stockholm syndrome. Wasn't very impressed, but it sounded ok :)

The mixing was pretty bad, whoever mixed it needs a mixing 101 session or something. The the actual instrumentation was good though, especially the drums!

The vocals did a decent job, he has a good voice, but maybe not for Bellamy stuff.

Keep it up though, I'd love to hear some more advanced tracks, like City of Delusion!

:D

it was very hard to mix as we were dealing with mp3's of each instrument and my drums were recorded with one mic in the middle of the room (hence the loud cymbals and queit bass).

When i re-do the drums I've found a way to reduce the treble a bit and therefore the cymbals will be a bit quieter and mix better within the song.

Instrumentally, were playing it perfectly ;) , its just the mic'ing which let us down. But for what we had i think it was mixed pretty well considering!

:)

it was very hard to mix as we were dealing with mp3's of each instrument and my drums were recorded with one mic in the middle of the room (hence the loud cymbals and queit bass).

When i re-do the drums I've found a way to reduce the treble a bit and therefore the cymbals will be a bit quieter and mix better within the song.

Instrumentally, were playing it perfectly ;) , its just the mic'ing which let us down. But for what we had i think it was mixed pretty well considering!

:)

couple of differences guitar-wise i thought? maybe its just me....its good though. congrats.

Me: "Chris - have you heard of the Kit and Tab Tribute Act?"

Chris: "No!!! Whats that!?!?!?"

Me: (explains the whole thing in 30 seconds)

Chris: "Oh rite! Where is Crazy Bob?"

Me: "I dunno - I wanted to meet him but i dunno who he is!"

Chris: "Ah rite!"

Me: "But yeah - I sent it to tom so ask him for it"

Chris: "Cool yeah! Will do!"

So Tom didnt pass it onto the band.

Im hurt!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
how is the groove btw?

groove is on hold at the mo.

not getting that much time to practice.

If you get the bass done and forward it onto guitar etc, ill add the drums later!

and yes.....CMON BOB!! MAKE THIS A STICKY!

:D

Right may I propose something. It sounds a bit up my own arse, but I would sincerely love to actually throw a tribute gig, and get together with say Adam and some others on here, but you know make it proper and really take muse off, so dress up like it, make the show a bit like theirs. I'm really up for this, ('cos I am a sad little wannabe at heart!!!) and basically is anyone else. I have a lot of free time, can play, sing and so well, I'd be really excited by this idea.

Ok. Drivel over. Feedback!?

Right may I propose something. It sounds a bit up my own arse, but I would sincerely love to actually throw a tribute gig, and get together with say Adam and some others on here, but you know make it proper and really take muse off, so dress up like it, make the show a bit like theirs. I'm really up for this, ('cos I am a sad little wannabe at heart!!!) and basically is anyone else. I have a lot of free time, can play, sing and so well, I'd be really excited by this idea.

Ok. Drivel over. Feedback!?

id fuckin LOVE THAT

bagsies being chris !!!

OK! Cool, cheers everyone for the awesome positive feedback so far!

I'm thinking about where a possible meetup could happen in the coming month!? We'd need to find a point that's really central for everyone! Well so far we have me on guitar/voc, no3chris on bass and a toss up between DominicHoward (himself lol) and ADAM on drums!!

Any iddeas on a rendezvoux point!?

Archived