MK Ultra. Yay or nay?  

1,275 members have voted

1. 1. MK Ultra. Yay or nay?

• Loving it!
    • It's ok
    • It's not ok
    • WTF is this s*it???

The whole voice sampling/manipulation thing.

Assassin? Hysteria? Feeling Good? Take a Bow? House of the Rising Sun?

I love radiohead too, but it's obvious that they didn't invent vocal sampling/manipulating/whatever.

But it was a good point. Maybe that's where the "this sounds like radiohead" comes from in the resistance reviews.

The whole voice sampling/manipulation thing. It doesn't sound the same, but it's still the same device used to a less-realised extent and I'm finding it hard to get past that.

Oh yeah. Like you say it's used in a much different way to EIIRP so naturally I didn't notice. :)

I'm finding for example the clarinet solo in I Belong To You is similar to how the trumpets are randomly introduced in The National Anthem. But I think that's over-analysing it.

If you can't hear the glockspeil in the mid, your missing out even more ;)

I think I heard that!

Assassin? Hysteria? Feeling Good? Take a Bow? House of the Rising Sun?

I love radiohead too, but it's obvious that they didn't invent vocal sampling/manipulating/whatever.

But it was a good point. Maybe that's where the "this sounds like radiohead" comes from in the resistance reviews.

I think at least most of those songs use distortion effects rather than actual voice manipulation.

I can't hear it. What second is it on exactly? And what exactly does it sound like?

First time starts around 0:12-0:13 and lasts until about 0:24. It's probably easiest to hear in the last few seconds (of that part).

As for how it sounds, it's hard to describe. All I can say is chilly / glass-like :p

Archived